Sponsored Links

Anyone on here using Aquiss?

Aquiss have a three month free offer for new customers on FTTC.

Thinking of moving away from my current Pulse8/TTB offering and the Aquiss offer takes some of the pain of the cost of a new BT line away.

Just wondered whether there was anybody on here that was using them that could provide some feedback.

while l cant give my opinion as a current customer, l can give one as a previous customer.

Firstly the reason l moved wasnt because of bad service or support, l wanted Fibre and at the time Sky had the best offers at a price l could afford without any limits to my usage.

as for the service l received with Aquiss all l can say is l never really needed it, my connection (ADSL) was always pretty solid and on the rare occasion l did need something l wasnt on the phone for 20mins waiting to speak to someone in India who couldnt deviate from the script they had in front of them, they actually offered me helpful advice and as a bonus the staff l had spoken too were friendly and helpful rather than the usual advice from much larger ISPs where its more of a "one script fits all" help service.

either way my personal experiences with the ISP leave me recommending it to this day to friends and family.

while l cant give my opinion as a current customer, l can give one as a previous customer.

Firstly the reason l moved wasnt because of bad service or support, l wanted Fibre and at the time Sky had the best offers at a price l could afford without any limits to my usage.

as for the service l received with Aquiss all l can say is l never really needed it, my connection (ADSL) was always pretty solid and on the rare occasion l did need something l wasnt on the phone for 20mins waiting to speak to someone in India who couldnt deviate from the script they had in front of them, they actually offered me helpful advice and as a bonus the staff l had spoken too were friendly and helpful rather than the usual advice from much larger ISPs where its more of a "one script fits all" help service.

either way my personal experiences with the ISP leave me recommending it to this day to friends and family.
Thanks for your comments. Very helpful. I suspect this is most people's experience of them judging by the reviews here, although like most ISPs there are a few negative ones.

Sponsored Links
Again, not using Aquiss but almost did a few months back and then our landlord threatened to evict us so I had to cancell the order.

From Aquiss I had nothing but promt, speedy replies and timely updates to how my order was progressing. I have them book marked in my Utilities folder for when I move. Price wise they compare exactly with what I pay BT.

I've gone for it. Hopefully they will offer a service that at least matches Pulse8 and, if not, I have 12 months to cogitate on my decision. However it will have opened the door to other migration options, e.g A&A and Uno.

given my past experiences, lm sure you wont regret using them ;)

Let's hope not.

However I have woken up this morning realising that I haven't conformed with them that I can migrate off TT and keep the same phone number.

This is a bit of a show stopper for us, so hopefully it's not an issue as I would have to cancel the order and consider other options.

Sponsored Links
I am a current Aquiss customer, and cannot praise them enough; if you have an issue (rare), they will stick with it until you are happy.

When my line went down due to cabinet damage after a storm, Aquiss got BTOR out to fix it in 48 hours, my neighbours had to wait 2 weeks before TalkTalk would even admit there was a problem and get similar damage repaired.

Kits is also a member, I am sure she will be along to praise them later.

I left Virgin Media cable to take ADSL with Aquiss, that was in 2008 had to take ADSL2+ then now on FTTC moved phone line over to them also. Soon be 10 years with the one company no regrets.

l guess the whole phone number thing doesnt bother me all that much, everyone has a mobile and we dont even have the phone connected lol, anyone needs us they can call one of our mobiles lol.

Sponsored Links
Interesting tail off on the single thread result. How repeatable is it?

I see something similar using Chrome as a browser, which largely seems to disappear with Firefox.

Hi Ian,

Missed your post when I looked last night. Any chance of an updated TBB result from you as well, please.

Thanks,

Jon

Todays test first is using firefox while second is Opera completed this morning.

Sponsored Links
6746949099.png

The new TBB speed test is doing odd things; and despite running in nearly a dozen times, each set of results is totally different; I have had everything from sub20Mbps to 76Mps down and 8 to 18Mbps up, so above is my speedtest.net results, I ran the test 3 times and got identical results down to a few kB.

It would be faster, but SWMBO is streaming a Chinese soap opera in the kitchen.

Speedtest does have one quirk, it has decided I live in London most of the year, and only shows my real location occasionally.

Sounds like Chinese soap opera's need banning in your household!

The new TBB speed test seems to have more vagaries than the old one and I have struggled to get teh same consistency out of it as the old one.

My iMac doesn't seem to give the same results that my old work laptop used to, however I have discovered that the results are more consistent if I halt protection on my AV (it's the same with ESet's CyberSecurityPro and with Kaspersky's KIS) and use Firefox (or Waterfox) as the browser.

I'm not going to pretend I understand why.

Thanks for sending the Ookla speedtest through. I'm not a great fan of it though as it is a multithreaded test and on FTTC, it should really max the line.

Have you tried using testmy.net, which is another single threaded tester?

Just a quick update. Order placed with Aquiiss last Friday. Martin confirmed there shouldn't be an issue with keeping the same phone number. Just had formal confirmation today that the number will remain the same and that the phone and broadband will transition on Monday, 13th November. Will let you know how it goes.

I was migrated over yesterday and to be honest I feel I've made a bit of a mistake.

My pings are almost double on average and my speed tests are a bit like Ian's, very inconsistent from one test to the next, particularly during the working day when business traffic is prioritised. Much more consistent in the evening though.

There is absolutely no doubt that I would have been better staying put at Pulse8. You live and learn, eh!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules