Sponsored Links

Anyone recognise these eNB details?

dazmatic

ULTIMATE Member
So my main mast for broadband today on Liveremere road went down this morning, been down most of the day. Took all MBNL services with it also and those on adjacent masts.

Whilst furiously trying to recover some essence of connectivity, I discovered my VN007+ had connected to this mast in the meantime.

I've checked cellmapper for the eNB details and it doesn't exist, so, presumably this is a brand new mast, somewhere in my vicinity (although not likely close as it's only picked up on B28 with high gain LPDA on the roof).

Question is, where is it and does anyone recognise it?

1655389122266.png

What does the cellmapper app show if you insert the SIM? It could just be the web interface of the router showing incorrect data.

Might be best going for a little walk and scanning it yourself - perfect weather for it too!

What does the cellmapper app show if you insert the SIM? It could just be the web interface of the router showing incorrect data.

Might be best going for a little walk and scanning it yourself - perfect weather for it too!
Screenshot_20220616-154140_CellMapper.jpg

I have 3 newbie cells near me kocz and all have 50*** eNB numbers.
I think new Ericsson antennas all use this numbering method on three.

Sponsored Links

I've got no chance, I barely get 118dBm with external mast and antenna, not going to get a whiff with my phone.

I think Wee Bear has hit the mark though, I reckon it's a new pole somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Popped a three SIM into my phone and went driving. Drove practically within a 10-20 mile radius to my house with cell mapper open and didn't pick up the B28 mast at all, weird.

Might chuck another antenna on the router and swing it about, see which direction picks up the best signal, should get me a good idea of the area it comes from

Cellmapper doesn't work for me either, there's a new 3 mast near me which isn't on the map and I'm not able to add it, maybe it's not live yet even though it was installed a few months ago.

Cellmapper doesn't work for me either, there's a new 3 mast near me which isn't on the map and I'm not able to add it, maybe it's not live yet even though it was installed a few months ago.
Have you checked 'Show low accuracy towers' is selected pollax?

As far as I remember these settings are off by default and won't show any new masts that have been seen by any user submitted data.

Screenshot_20220624-054215_Edge.jpg

Website Settings (Filters)

Screenshot_20220624-054116_CellMapper.jpg

App Settings (Map Settings)

Just jhought I'd mention it, just in case. 😊

Sponsored Links
No, I didn't have that ticked but I have now so will see if it makes any difference thanks:)
Ah good stuff pollax, here's hoping something new pops up for you now. 🤞

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules