Sponsored

Anyone with fast.co.uk?

barndog

Casual Member
I have only 1 more month to go with pipex thank god, anyways i am seriousy considering moving to fast.co.uk,even though they are slightly dearer than other isps they sound really good, no restrictions on speed at any time from p2p downloading, great for online gaming and so on, i was wondering if any of you guys are with them and can vouce are they as good as they make out to be.....thanks

Jeewhizz

I've been with fast for about 2.5 years now. They are v good IMO, and I would recommend them to everyone. I've so far moved about 4 clients to fast.co.uk's services, and 2 family members :)

barndog

Casual Member
Thanks for the reply, do they require an activation fee, cant seem to understand or is it free if you sign up online, also is there any off peak times, they make it out that there isnt, whats you views on speed at anytime of the day from p2p....thanks again

fast

ISP Rep
Hi Barndog,

The activation fee only applies if you do not currently have broadband, so doesn't apply in this case. The only time it would apply to a migration is if you were currently on an LLU connection with Pipex - if you wanted to give us a call we could double check that for you.

We don't have any periods of time where by customers see a reduction in speed, even at our peak times there is plenty of capacity available for everyone. You would see the same speeds all day :)

Cheers

Mark
Fast.co.uk

barndog

Casual Member
Nice 1 thanks, looks like you got yourselves another customer, will be in touch just before my contract ends with pipex, do you supply a new router-modem with your service, i have been using my speedtouch 330 modem for a few years now, first with bt and now with pipex, will this be ok to use still, or do you supply new ones?

Last edited:

rogerdee51

Casual Member
barndog

[ADMIN NOTE: Post removed, you're thinking of a completely different ISP.]

Last edited by a moderator:

fast

ISP Rep
Nice 1 thanks, looks like you got yourselves another customer, will be in touch just before my contract ends with pipex, do you supply a new router-modem with your service, i have been using my speedtouch 330 modem for a few years now, first with bt and now with pipex, will this be ok to use still, or do you supply new ones?
Hi Barndog,

We don't supply any hardware free of charge with our service so you're welcome to continue using the speedtouch that you have, but make sure you're using the latest drivers for it :)

Mark

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2467)
  2. FTTP (2096)
  3. FTTC (1634)
  4. Building Digital UK (1575)
  5. Openreach (1382)
  6. Politics (1380)
  7. Business (1209)
  8. Statistics (1079)
  9. FTTH (1015)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1008)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (887)
  14. 4G (875)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (587)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (566)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules