Sponsored

AOL ADSL 1Mbit

What it like guys?

I signed up last friday should be up next friday but what is it like good bad, pings? cheers

Glovepup

ULTIMATE Member
my friend is not on aol broadband, but not the 1MB. He did say that he has never had any connecting issues. The same cannot be said about their dial-up.

Thats got to be a good start :)

is anyone actually on this service

Havnt seen anyone who actually is on 1mbit from aol

:/

im still waiting for my order

no emails no knowledge, well it does sound like aol to me :)

rruwalton

ISP Rep
Is this something that BT have to work on? If so you can check on BT's website if an order on your account has been raised.

suppose its bts fault for taking so long

For Telephone Number 01630***** on Exchange MARKET DRAYTON

Good news! Your exchange has ADSL broadband, and our initial test indicates that it should be possible to provide ADSL broadband on this telephone line.

Our initial test on your line suggests that you should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides up to 2Mbps download speed.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable, and if so for what speed of service.

Thank you for your interest.

Note: If you have already placed an order for Broadband and now wish to change to a new supplier, then you will need to cancel the existing order with your service provider or your new request will be rejected.

rruwalton

ISP Rep
Not the line checker! If you have registered on BT's website, you can view your bill and track orders. Surely AOL will have put an order in for your line. You can track the order and will see when it has been completed.

got upgraded to 1Mbit.

Took 9 days to upgrade, i am at work so will wait till i get home to test it, will show results etc.

I am only on a 256k leased line at work so even my 512k was so much better than our employers leased line for over 200 people.

cant wait

well guys quite disapointed really done a few tests

this is the best result i had so far

Downstream 747 Kbps (93.4 KB/sec) 806 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 232 Kbps (29.0 KB/sec) 250 Kbps (inc. overheads)

not much

:/

petezab

ULTIMATE Member
Hi Pencil,

have you tried modifying your mtu settings to see if you can gain any extra speed, a quick search at adslguide might reveal some optimum settings.

rruwalton

ISP Rep
Info c/o adslguide.org

ADSL Speed
Typical Download
Typical Upload

512Kbps 460 Kbps 220-260 Kbps
1Mbps 920 Kbps 220-260 Kbps
2Mbps 1840 Kbps 220-260 Kbps

yeah my speed is way off that :/

Phone tech support says well its the servers fault i said the server can handle over 10mbit connections to try testing speed and i have tried to download multiple files from different servers.

Ill give it 2 or 3 days then i want my momey back :)

EDIT

i tried the method without the use of the aol software

sort of better

Downstream 772 Kbps (96.5 KB/sec) 833 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 238 Kbps (29.8 KB/sec) 257 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Last edited:
ok lol i am so lost with aol

I recieved my email today stating welcome to 1mbit etc

copy of email

Great news! We are pleased to confirm your AOL Broadband service has now been upgraded to 1MB. That’s it! You do not need to do anything as your AOL Broadband 1MB service is up and running and ready for you to use.

right i phoned up at around 10 and spoke to some guy as above post. then i recieved a email of this guy

saying

It appears the upgrade to 1mb was cancelled, call 08003761324 and go to sales and billing department for details or to try to reorder 1mb

erm i dont get it

ok i know 90kb isnt 1mbit but comon my order cannot have been cancelled also considering i connect to the bt broadband network at
288kb/1153kb

wtf is up with them lol

helper

ThatzVinyl said:
my friend is not on aol broadband, but not the 1MB. He did say that he has never had any connecting issues. The same cannot be said about their dial-up.

Thats got to be a good start :)
really? i've never had a problem with their dialup - it's the most reliable i have ever had - in 12 years

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • NOW TV £22.00 (*40.00)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2690)
  2. FTTP (2532)
  3. FTTC (1739)
  4. Building Digital UK (1679)
  5. Politics (1574)
  6. Openreach (1538)
  7. Business (1355)
  8. FTTH (1277)
  9. Statistics (1188)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1157)
  11. Fibre Optic (1033)
  12. 4G (1000)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (985)
  14. Wireless Internet (985)
  15. Virgin Media (961)
  16. EE (666)
  17. Sky Broadband (649)
  18. TalkTalk (631)
  19. Vodafone (624)
  20. 5G (460)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules