Sponsored

aol drop prices and offer 256k

rruwalton

ISP Rep
I would be surprised if anyone on a 12mth contract would see a reduction in price. However, when it comes to the time for renewing!

helper

According to the section on AOL ALL BB customers will see a reduction in price from their next bill - which is the way it should be.

I have to say i have a 512k connection and a AOL bring your own acces £6,99 a month account - the way things are going i am thinking of just going to AOL fully - the software is fine for me - and £30 for 1MB unrestricted is excellent!

rruwalton

ISP Rep
helper said:
According to the section on AOL ALL BB customers will see a reduction in price from their next bill - which is the way it should be.

I have to say i have a 512k connection and a AOL bring your own acces £6,99 a month account - the way things are going i am thinking of just going to AOL fully - the software is fine for me - and £30 for 1MB unrestricted is excellent!
Well, I stand corrected helper, although I am surprised. If it had been one of the other isps, I don't think they would have dropped the charges.

:)

Can't see them dropping my charge of £20.00 for 512kbs :D

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Freeserve dropped my (and all subscribers) line rental from £30 to £28 during the 12 month contract I was in until about a year ago.

helper

rru, no prob buddy :)

ALL ISP's should - because all you are agreeing to is taking the service for 12 months - all other factors should be flexible - but fair play to AOL - once again they gain my admiration.

Looking more and more worthy of my custom fully soon - what's the 1MBit speed like?

helper

I also see in the FAQ's that if you pay annually - while AOL are saying you'll benefit from the price changes from your next annual billing date - they ARE giving each annual subscriber back £24,99 as a Good Will Jestur

Fair play AOL :)

maxing out at around 116kb/sec +- also good game ping to good uk servers.

Ping 20 or lower in quake 3 arena to good solid uk servers.

average bout 30-45

helper

yes i had seen that - the dialler in AOL9 allows that - which is a nice feature i think :)

I used to use AOL without the software on dialup to lol :)

rruwalton

ISP Rep
You dont need to install AOL 9 at all.

I installed the modem driver software off the aol cd, downloaded a free prog called cidial - configured cidial for aol - stuck it in my startup folder - my pc connects to AOL on bootup.

I also use Express for AOL email.

So at the prices quoted, why would anyone use any other isp??

helper

thanks! i passed this onto a friend who is now using it without the software and is going to stay with AOL due to this!

rruwalton

ISP Rep
Even today I heard a chap at a place I visited moan about AOL. He didn't even use it! I have tried many isps over the last 8-9 years and AOL stands head and shoulders above them.

Yes, there may be better isps, but my experience is a high quality service with free backup if I need it. Golly, all I really want is the connection to be stable and email to work.

yes i tried it last night actually and it shut down faster than i could see :)

thanks, i also did over 1gb so it worked.

cheers for the tip m8

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2654)
  2. FTTP (2460)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1663)
  5. Politics (1542)
  6. Openreach (1512)
  7. Business (1326)
  8. FTTH (1234)
  9. Statistics (1157)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1130)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (975)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (973)
  14. Wireless Internet (972)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (650)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (603)
  20. 3G (440)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules