Sponsored Links

Approx time until FTTP order availability?

neonplanet40

Casual Member
Hi Folks,

I have been eagerly awaiting FTTP for a while now although I didn't hold out much hope as I have FTTC and get 54mbps. I live in Scotland.

However, I noticed (4 weeks ago) engineers installing yellow cabling all around our estate. I asked them what they were doing and they said they were installing fibre to the area.

As you can imagine, I was very happy. I know I can't complain as some can't even get 2mbps but I would very much like the speed boost. Especially upload.

I logged into the Openreach checker and it now says: FTTP "Faster and more reliable fibre is coming to your area soon. Full Fibre is our fastest technology, but your exact speed will depend on which broadband provider and package you choose. "

Is there an approximate time this will take to be available? All work installing the cables seems to have finished 2 weeks ago and there has been no sign of any Openreach workers since. Just curious if there is a standard amount of time after cabling is installed until it becomes available to order?

Thank you :)

I would love an answer to this too. We had fibre installed on our road back in May with leaflets through the door in July. The checker says there is no plan for my area to be upgraded soon but the work is already done. I am within their Fibre First area too and my area has recently switched to completed.

I hope it's just lagging on my road and you can get it soon.

Very hard to answer this one, but your best bet may be to query via Openreach's usually quite responsive Twitter team:

Can be anything from a few weeks to many months, depending upon what remains to be done and the challenges involved in that.

Sponsored Links
Bit of a rant I'm afraid....

I'm on the west coast of Scotland. Late last year/early this year we saw Fibre being laid in and around our community. Nobody got any communication from BT that it was available. The checker sites just kept saying 'coming soon'. I checked periodically for any update and then one day after I checked a friend told me it was available to order. Well for some of us and not only that the price kept varying and also depended on where you were in the community. Eventually this settled down.

I ordered on June 15th and was given a go live date of July 1st.....dream on. No way was this going to happen because of surveys, running ducting and cable and the general incomptence of BT. Dates periodically changed and then settled down to end of Sept. It actually went live on July 30th although BT have only just this week acknowledged I have it. Although I don't have a landline with them yet and my old IPS is still active.

There are other nightmare stories from friends and neighbours - mostly about the cost of the install. Mine was zero but others have been quoted thousands even after the discount. Negotiations took place and some managed to get a re-estimate which resulted in either zero or a few hundred which was equally unacceptable.

A friend told me this morning that after querying her install charge it was eventually got down to zero and install would be Jan 2021. :)

Really BT don't know what goes on in rural areas. Yesterday I was on the phone for more than 90 minutes trying to sort my first bill out which had Broadband but no Landline. Got there eventually after being switched around most of the UK.

Hopefully it will settle down but the next bill should be interesting.

You just have to wait and see and be patient, it's not the folks in customer service who create this mess so be polite.

I contacted openreach and found them pretty helpful to be honest. I had to wait 3 weeks for a reply but was told that it should (as long as there are no delays or unforseen circumstances) be switched on in December.

I guess I will need to wait and see if this is the case. Downside - I recently took out a TalkTalk contract for BB. Pretty raging.

I contacted openreach and found them pretty helpful to be honest. I had to wait 3 weeks for a reply but was told that it should (as long as there are no delays or unforseen circumstances) be switched on in December.

I guess I will need to wait and see if this is the case. Downside - I recently took out a TalkTalk contract for BB. Pretty raging.
I got the same from OR, they claim FTTP will be ready for order by October 2020 on my street. Yet to see if it is.

Hi,

Have you signed up for the openreach updates, register with intrest.

If so and if you get email for build in proccess this can take the final 12 weeks to be done while available on the openreach checker.

My area took around 9 weeks from this email.

Of course this is not set in concrete everyones area is different and delays could happened.

Hopefully you don't have to wait to long.

Sponsored Links

I haven't found them that honest. I contacted them at the beginning of July and they're still looking into it. No time frame has been given to me at all :(

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules