Sponsored Links

Aquiss or IDNet

Hi everyone,

Am currently on Sky's Connect package and have had it for a year and today I put my foot down and said "enough's enough". From around 4pm to 1am I have been throttled so heavily as of late, that loading a 5 minute youtube video takes 40 minutes, loading google takes about 50 seconds - NO MORE I DECLARE. Especially as I have a job and i use the internet when i get home during the traffic shaping hours and sleep during the other hours when I'm not at work!

Anyway - I've decided that I like both Aquiss and IDNet after reading reviews and checking out their packages as I believe neither have traffic throttling?, but which one?

The packages that suit me are Aquiss Gaming 30 (http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-gaming.php) or the IDNet Home Max (https://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/broadband/homemax.jsp)

So what do you guys think?

I would recommend Idnet I have being with them for almost 3 years now & recently went with them for my phone line a Great service from them I give them top marks

Sponsored Links
l cant say anything about Aquiss Phone support mainly because lve never actually used it for support, l did try phoning around christsmas when my line was getting installed for sales information however l had problems getting through but saying it was a problem would be biased due to the amount of snow at the time stopping them manning the phones properly (it happened to allot of ISPs with UK call centres which is understandable)

as for email support, l have found it second to none, lve had replies even after 8pm on occasion on support tickets, and found staff very helpful, as for my connection its been very stable and lve had no glitches bar ones caused by a cordless telephone which was fixed by moving my router.

as an ISP l highly recommend them, especially at the moment if they are still offering one month contracts without a connection fee, and just so you know.. lm on the premium package 1 (£21 per month) on a monthly basis which suits me very well, also l have no limits as such, rather than using traffic shaping lm lead to believe that limits are based on contention ratios (50:1 or 20:1 for a little more money) so far lve not felt any slowdown and the connection has served me well in the month that l have had it.

all in all l give the ISP 10 out of 10 and highly recommend it (lm actually hoping to refer my neighbours over when their line is installed and hopefully gain a little off my bill using their referrals system)

one thing that is worth nothing tho is its useful to have a paypal account as you pay your monthly bill through paypal, which means you have to have a valid email account for the monthly notification reminder in either case it suits me down into the ground especially since l can move money ahead of time into my paypal account in order to be a month or two ahead and the best part is that its on a one month contract basis.

one thing that is worth nothing tho is its useful to have a paypal account as you pay your monthly bill through paypal

Paypal is just one method of payment we offer payments via. Other popular forms of payments are BACs and Standing Orders, but also worth a note that we are enhancing the ebilling platform even further....so expect even more requested options soon :)

I joined Aquiss over 12months ago I started on the business 45 package the family business and gaming packages are monthly contracts there is an activation fee if you haven't a MAC to migrate to them with.

I have since moved to Aquiss LLU product this is premier package this I have read is free activation until end of March but I should email to check.

I have had no problems with support, the only time I had to call I was answered after a short wait in a queue nothing like the 30 plus mins when I was with VM.

Paypal is just one method of payment we offer payments via. Other popular forms of payments are BACs and Standing Orders, but also worth a note that we are enhancing the ebilling platform even further....so expect even more requested options soon :)

l stand corrected, l guess lve only ever seen the option for PayPal so far, havent seen other forums tho l may have not searched in much depth because it sorta suited me, in either case when lm more financially sound l wouldnt mind doing it via a monthly direct debit so l can just sit and leave it rather than having to click the pay now option (lm just lazy lol :shrug:)

Sponsored Links
l stand corrected, l guess lve only ever seen the option for PayPal so far, havent seen other forums tho l may have not searched in much depth because it sorta suited me, in either case when lm more financially sound l wouldnt mind doing it via a monthly direct debit so l can just sit and leave it rather than having to click the pay now option (lm just lazy lol :shrug:)

Timeless does that mean you haven't visited the knowledgebase on Aquiss?

I'd probably go with IDNet too but only because I could get my phone line rental bundled with them :) , otherwise it's very difficult to choose between the two. Both have an almost identical service and both have a strong reputation.

tbh, line rental is better to keep away from a service, then again maybe l just dont like putting my eggs all in one basket..

tbh, line rental is better to keep away from a service, then again maybe l just dont like putting my eggs all in one basket..

I'd agree if it was part of a full LLU product. However, as far as I can see, the IDNET solution is WLR so switching ISP is just the standard MAC process and moving calls back to BT is free.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Aquiss also use BT LLU as well, tho they tend to opt for C&W where it is available over BT. still lm pretty happy with the service myself.. only have two days so far since jan when l signed up where the connection went down for prolonged periods of time... they have been excellent otherwise.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules