Sponsored Links

Aquiss over Newnet?

I've been with Newnet a little while now, good speed etc, but obviously the new limits are going to hamper me. Looking around I thought Aquiss seemed to look good, especially the gamer package.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks

Good Afternoon,

I you have any specfic questions, especially for comparisons, please feel free to PM me.

Broadband

I would suggest you look at the top ISP's ranked by users on the front page. Thats how I chose my new ISP

Sponsored Links
I looked at the rankings but I wasn't convinced.

Count the reviews. The top ten are ranked on the basis of the following numbers of reviews in the last 12 months.

1. Fast 35
2. Naims 4
3. Surfanytime 7
4. Titan 13
5. Vispa 9
6. Aquiss 28
7. ADSL24 31
8, IDNet 10
9, ICUK 12
10. UKFSN 6

I think I'd hesitate before relying on that small a sample.

I did raise this in an email to the proprietors here but got no response.

I've not really gone for the top ten reviews, but tend to use forums for info. ADSLGUIDE.ORG and ISPREVIEW forums are my usual source of information. It's the users comments I read, good or bad, as well as the responses from the ISP reps. Usually more will complain then provide positive feedback. But as I couldn't really find much 'dirt' on Aquiss I thought I'd ask in here. It was similar to trying to find 'dirt' on Newnet, but none really exists, and to be honest they have been good and the service has been quick. So no real complaints on Newnet. :)

aquiss are an entanet reseller and as such all entanet based isp's get good reviews, titan vivaciti etc offer similar packages ie 30gb peak 300gb off peak at £19.99 which is £5 less than similar package with aquiss........please note iam no saying aquiss are poor or bad but with entanet resellers being on a par its wise to compare on price

Sponsored Links
Try a comparison of ISP's at Thinkbroadband, put in IDNet against all others, including Enta Resellers.;)

this wil not be a fair comparison if Ident are just about to cap their customers bandwidth.

this wil not be a fair comparison if Ident are just about to cap their customers bandwidth.

News to me Kits, do you know something that I don't?

I think it is a very fair comparison of monthly feedback from actual users.

From IDNet Website;

Free Migration to IDNet
If you already have broadband you can switch your connection to IDNet free of charge. The process takes just 3 working days and is seamless i.e. there’s no downtime.
Free UK Based Technical Support
We don’t use 0845, 0870 numbers, or any other premium rate lines. Our support is absolutely free of charge and unlimited provided by UK based support professionals who can assist you immediately via a free-phone 0800 telephone number and email.
Unlimited Email Accounts
All of our broadband services include as many personal email accounts as you require including SMTP, POP3, IMAP and SSL Webmail.
No Network Contention, No Port Blocking, No Traffic Shaping, No Bandwidth Throttling
No contention on our network is achieved by not oversubscribing our broadband services and ensuring that bandwidth investment exceeds customer demand. This means that our goals of the highest performance and reliability can be maintained.
One Month Contracts

;)

I've been with Newnet a little while now, good speed etc, but obviously the new limits are going to hamper me. Looking around I thought Aquiss seemed to look good, especially the gamer package.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks

Read your post and mixed up ident and newnet up I apologise if there is no new limits.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Read your post and mixed up ident and newnet up I apologise if there is no new limits.

I am even more confused now Kits, are you still suggesting that IDNet are to bring in limits?

That would conflict with information that I have, that they will not be bringing in any limits over their stated package amounts.

Indeed, they are planning ahead, unlike many ISP's, and are bringing on line even more bandwidth.

If you have information to the contrary I would be interested to hear it, together with your source.

I have already apologised for mixing the two ISPs up dont know where the more confusion from. The OP is with newnet and seems from his post there will be some restrictions with identnet.

I have already apologised for mixing the two ISPs up dont know where the more confusion from. The OP is with newnet and seems from his post there will be some restrictions with identnet.

I didn't see any reference to IDNet in the OP's post, or am I missing something?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules