Sponsored Links

Are Three's 4G router unlocked?

My ZTE arrived today but i seem to be having DNS issues with it. Some webpages will not load and some apps are not connecting to the internet.

Chrome is reporting
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Any ideas?
Try changing the apn to three.co.uk or 3internet depending what its already on and see if anything changes for the better scottydoguk.

Best of luck. :giggle:

I've actually got my EE sim card in it from my old router
Ah sorry, thought it was three you had problems with.
Have you tried changing the dns servers to perhaps googles?
(8.8.8.8)

Ah sorry, thought it was three you had problems with.
Have you tried changing the dns servers to perhaps googles?
(8.8.8.8)
I’m unable to find where to change the DNS settings.

If anyone has this router and they know how to do this can they please advise me.

I’ve had to put the SIM card back in my old router for the time being. What could be causing this router to have DNS issues?

A lot of mobile broadband devices don’t let the user change DNS for some reason. You can change it on your devices (phone, PC) instead in network settings.

highly recommend cloudflare 1.1.1.1

Yeah, I use 1.1.1.1 on everything and 1.0.0.1 as the backup dns.

Sponsored Links
My official stance on the new 4G Home Router from Three currently is that its crap.

Lots of issues, main issue being that its not passing DNS properly so most apps and devices are failing to connect to anything or work.

Issues are apparent whilst using both Three network and also Vodafone.
Same here, the only way I can get things to work is by using a different DNS. The problem is made worse because Three's custom software on the router has disabled DNS which means that it has to be put on each device which connects. :mad:

I have searched high and low for generic software to maybe flash it but the uk site for ZTE doesn't even list the device.

Same here, the only way I can get things to work is by using a different DNS. The problem is made worse because Three's custom software on the router has disabled DNS which means that it has to be put on each device which connects. :mad:

I have searched high and low for generic software to maybe flash it but the uk site for ZTE doesn't even list the device.
Can change the DNS on my three huawei?

Really how did you do that?

I looked at the code and by default they set the DNS section code to display:none, I can get it to show but it won't save.
It's just there for me lol. Ill dig it out and get it synced up to three for a screenshot.

It's under Network settings -> Ethernet -> Ethernet Settings for me.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 4G+ router is unlocked? I’d like to use it with Vodaphone.

Attachments

• 3F4D167F-B37C-445F-854C-0878F7B1A0D6.jpeg
    3F4D167F-B37C-445F-854C-0878F7B1A0D6.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 107
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 4G+ router is unlocked? I’d like to use it with Vodaphone.
Yes they are unlocked, have you bought one yet as they aren't worth buying and are no different to the standard 4G ones

To mimic Bubble, Three's other 4g router is pretty much the same, half the size and less ugly and bulky imo. Think the only difference is you get bunny ears, a phone app, 2 less ethernet ports on the plus hub and you pay more per month. But from my understanding, all of Three's 4g routers are unlocked.

The Three firmware typically has had features dropped such as bridge mode, this keeps support costs low. By buying 3rd party you can check from the buyer what the features are, by using Amazon returns are easy as long as you check for all the features quickly. I have a B715 bought from a third party, got my choice of firmware so got bridge and VoLTE.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did buy one and the password for the Admin IP doesn’t work. So I can’t access the settings page. The app also doesn’t work! I tried to sign in with the password and QR code. Both times no luck. Have requested a return now and will order the standard 4G router. Or I might just have a look on Amazon or Argos and buy one there.

Just posted this in another thread, but after extensive testing it appears as though the DNS servers are hardcoded to Three's internal ones, meaning DNS errors happen on other networks.

Was worth a try I suppose, but cheeky on Three's part. Can't really be classed as unlocked if it doesn't work with anyone else.

Modem mode should work just fine though, as long as you manually configure the DNS on the other device.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules