Sponsored

Are you with Breathe?

Wayne

Casual Member
Yes..I am in the same position as you, and signed up last Thursday.

I have to say that at the moment I am not too happy about them. My email worked for about one day but now refuses to let me log in to receive mail on IE (I have to use the webmail if I want to receive mail to my Breath.co.uk address)

I sent them a ticket last Thursday asking how to set up my free Webspace...no reply so far :(

I've paid for Silver Service (2 Meg) but only getting 450k...and I now see that it costs me 8p/minute to call customer services.

So, if they don't get me sorted within the next few days I will cancell under the distance selling terms ( 14 days) and go elsewhere.

Begining to get the "Biscit Blues" again :mad:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Yes..I am in the same position as you, and signed up last Thursday.

I have to say that at the moment I am not too happy about them. My email worked for about one day but now refuses to let me log in to receive mail on IE (I have to use the webmail if I want to receive mail to my Breath.co.uk address)

I sent them a ticket last Thursday asking how to set up my free Webspace...no reply so far :(

I've paid for Silver Service (2 Meg) but only getting 450k...and I now see that it costs me 8p/minute to call customer services.

So, if they don't get me sorted within the next few days I will cancell under the distance selling terms ( 14 days) and go elsewhere.

Begining to get the "Biscit Blues" again :mad:
You are aware that under the distance selling regulations you only get a 7 day cooling off period, and you can't return used goods or services under the DSR, unless the supplier fails to inform you of your right to cancel.

So with services, your cancellation rights end with the commencement of the service, providing that the service provider informs you that your right to cancel ends when performance of the service commences.

From Breathe's T&C's

12.5 You can cancel this Agreement by giving us notice in writing within 7 days of completing the registration form or before you use the Internet Service, whichever is the earlier, thereafter you can cancel this Internet Service at any time after the Minimum Term by telephoning the Help Desk or using the ‘My Account’ facility. You must give us one month’s notice from your next billing date. No part of your monthly subscription will be refunded
So if you decide to cancel you'll have to hope that breathe decide to not hold you to paying for the minimum term.

Last edited:

Wayne

Casual Member
Point taken Mel but...

Regardless of the distance selling thing, if they fail to provide the service they are in breach of contract, they may also be commiting an offence under the sale of goods act, plus the fact that I am paying by credit card so should have some leverage there.

They have already given me my MAC last week and I understand that is valid for 30 days.

The facts are that I only want what I'm being charged for, ok, they may have a tempory problem but now I'm checking old posts on this and other forums, it sounds like they have been having problems for a while.

My email has returned today so that's ONE thing resolved, my speed issue still remains, they will probably blame that on BT, if that IS the case then I will change to the cheaper half meg service.

BTW...They did NOT give me the chance to read there T&C's they blocked my internet and took me straight to a sign up page, I searched for the T&C's but were unable to find any from there.

We shall see...:shrug:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Point taken Mel but...

Regardless of the distance selling thing, if they fail to provide the service they are in breach of contract, they may also be commiting an offence under the sale of goods act, plus the fact that I am paying by credit card so should have some leverage there.

They have already given me my MAC last week and I understand that is valid for 30 days.

The facts are that I only want what I'm being charged for, ok, they may have a tempory problem but now I'm checking old posts on this and other forums, it sounds like they have been having problems for a while.

My email has returned today so that's ONE thing resolved, my speed issue still remains, they will probably blame that on BT, if that IS the case then I will change to the cheaper half meg service.

BTW...They did NOT give me the chance to read there T&C's they blocked my internet and took me straight to a sign up page, I searched for the T&C's but were unable to find any from there.

We shall see...:shrug:
Absolutely! But, I think it might be the "Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982" that applies (Don't quote me on that!). Hmm, Interesting point about not being provided access to the Terms you were agreeing to, I wonder if you might be on to something there too...

ghostfreak

Casual Member
I must actually do a speed test. I submitted a support ticket to breathe but it hasn't been replied to as of yet.

Has anyone noticed the 'bonus stars' when you login to your account on breathe?

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Ah, seems they have the same sort of thing as Fast4 then. Someone said about bonus stars in there. So perhaps its the same benefits/system (whatever they may be) as this:

Hi,
These are loyalty stars, they are based on all sorts of parameters like how long you have been with us and whether there has been any payment issues etc. In the long term they are going to be your key to obtaining special offers and such like. We like to reward long term customers.
I hope this helps your questions.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=23720

Wayne

Casual Member
Things HAVE improved..

Things are looking up!... my email is now working and after a week of 3-400kbs my speed has today jumped up to 1800+kbs.( hope it lasts ):hrmph:

The only thing yet to resolve is the free webspace, have yet to find out how to set it up ( an address would be usefull )

I actualy managed to get someone to "finally" answer the phone yesterday so it looks like they "have" listened.

ghostfreak

Casual Member
I have been thinking of going to Virgin Media as they have been getting a lot of good reports lately - my breathe connection has been very slow since I signed up (I had to as those damn re-directs had me).

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules