Sponsored Links

As long as you stay with Zen, we promise there will be no price rises. That’s a lifetime guarantee.

rick3333

Fibre one including line rental has just increased from £29.99 to £31.99 plus there is now a £19.99 activation fee..... I am currently with Zen and will be reaching the end of my current contract in January 2020 ; i was going to downgrade from Fibre two to one to save money.
If IanB is reading this i would be grateful for an explanation please...... I wanted to re-contract at £29.99 per month on Fibre one with static IP4 and static IP6 addresses for 12 months with a view to renewing thereafter. If this is not possible then i'm off. My current contract is for two years (from January 2018) and until this happened i was intending to renew.

I edited the title a bit as it was too long.

I would recommend calling them, also looking at IanB's profile he hasn't logged in for 9 years so its likely he has left.

Sponsored Links
I phoned as you suggested and confirmed the price rise so i will be migrating to another provider (probably Uno) in January 2020. I have decided to take an ADSL 2+ package to cut costs as my estimated speed is 13Mb which will do for now. In fairness to Zen the connection to the net has been very good and on the few occasions that i have phoned tech support they have been very helpful. Their marketing blurb is inaccurate and misleading with regards to "no price increases" - bye bye Zen

I find the complaint a bit disingenuous, you were not facing a price rise, but wanting to switch to a cheaper package that happened to be ever so slightly more expensive than it was last year.

Was the package you were on going up?? No.

If you switched to the cheaper package, would ZEN raise the price you paid next year?? Probably also no.

Will the price on your new providers ADSL service go up when the current contract expires?? Probably yes.

Spite, face, nose, cut.

I phoned as you suggested and confirmed the price rise so i will be migrating to another provider (probably Uno) in January 2020. I have decided to take an ADSL 2+ package to cut costs as my estimated speed is 13Mb which will do for now. In fairness to Zen the connection to the net has been very good and on the few occasions that i have phoned tech support they have been very helpful. Their marketing blurb is inaccurate and misleading with regards to "no price increases" - bye bye Zen

What package and what price did you get at uno out of interest?

Did you ask what price your Zen package will go up to after the big deal package ends?

Hi Rick,

We can confirm that, as an existing Fibre 2 customer, you would not need to pay the £19.99 activation fee to move to Fibre 1.

Thanks

Zen

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules