Sponsored

Asda or Voxi

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
Hi all

I have a Three home Broadband connection which we use as at times it’s more responsive than the Virgin connection and it also comes away with me weekly with work. I’ve just tried my iPhone EE sim in it and the connection is considerably faster than the Three connection (80Mb/a rather than 25). First I debated getting a EE sim only package but reading their FuP it states a max of 600gb, but with the kids streaming all day, NowTV etc etc that’ll get toasted fairly quickly. Vodafone also have great coverage in my area. Is anyone familiar with Asda mobiles FUP as I can’t seem to find anything online about max data useage? Same with Voxi?

cheers for any input.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Hi all

I have a Three home Broadband connection which we use as at times it’s more responsive than the Virgin connection and it also comes away with me weekly with work. I’ve just tried my iPhone EE sim in it and the connection is considerably faster than the Three connection (80Mb/a rather than 25). First I debated getting a EE sim only package but reading their FuP it states a max of 600gb, but with the kids streaming all day, NowTV etc etc that’ll get toasted fairly quickly. Vodafone also have great coverage in my area. Is anyone familiar with Asda mobiles FUP as I can’t seem to find anything online about max data useage? Same with Voxi?

cheers for any input.
Any Vodafone networks on unlimited will not have any caps (that was reachable easily). They have 9TB set on unlimited plans and even then they won't do anything if you reach it. This is because of a bug in their systems which does not allow something to have an unlimited value so they have the most allowed set (9TB). ASDA do however have speedcaps for 5G on unlimited but not 4G on unlimited. Voxi don't have any caps and neither do Vodafone themselves. ASDA is a bit confusing so if you need me to explain a bit better then just tell me :)

--------EDIT---------

Just been looking on ASDA's website and it appears that they don't have all these hard to understand caps anymore. They have unlimited at 2Mbps for £20, Unlimited at 10Mbps for £25 and Unlimited at 150Mbps for £30. Much more easy to understand and I apologize for wasting your time with all the reading before. The 9TB limit however does still stand.
Screenshot_2021-06-11-14-33-38-598_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks both. I’ll grab a sim for them and decide which later. I’m assuming they’ll all offer a similar level of performance?

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks both. I’ll grab a sim for them and decide which later. I’m assuming they’ll all offer a similar level of performance?

Well, performance.. they're both vodafone, right?
But Asda caps the speed depending on which plan you are.

With Lebara I did not see any caps, the downside is they have not yet started to offer 5G (though it was announced recently), but they don't seem to have caps. I managed to reach 400 Mbps dl speed on their 4G alone.

How much you'll get in your location is not a given, so plenty of testing is required. You could get 5 Mbps, 50 Mbps or who knows, even 100+.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.95 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £23.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £23.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First Month Free
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £26.00 (*54.00)
    Speed: 400Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £26.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3398)
  2. BT (2984)
  3. Politics (1891)
  4. Building Digital UK (1889)
  5. FTTC (1872)
  6. Openreach (1796)
  7. Business (1641)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1443)
  9. Statistics (1388)
  10. FTTH (1363)
  11. 4G (1249)
  12. Fibre Optic (1150)
  13. Virgin Media (1139)
  14. Wireless Internet (1135)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1126)
  16. Vodafone (822)
  17. EE (816)
  18. TalkTalk (750)
  19. 5G (735)
  20. Sky Broadband (731)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules