Sponsored Links

Assistance with Internet Issues

BritishApe

Hello,

I need some help with problems affecting my internet speed. I am not sure whether this is the place/area to post this, but I am in dire need of help.
I am currently using a 5 GHz band, however in the last month or two my internet has been having problems.

Randomly (usually for a few hours everyday), it will cause my ping to go:
Normal -> high ping (usually 700-1000 ms) -> microdisconnect and then back to normal, then repeat every few seconds.

I am using a Realtek 8811CU WIreless LAN 802.11AC USB NIC as my network adapter.

My other housemates has had no issues with ping.
I have tried a lot of methods to make it turn back to normal but to no avail. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, have made sure the Wireless Mode setting is on IEEE 802.11a/n/ac, used cmd to refresh and flush IP, etc. Below is me using cmd to ping my IP (note the empty spaces is it timing out). I have reset the router as well, but this does not change anything.

1652218939104.png

Thank you!

Best get a wifi sniffing program and see what channel you are connecting to and what other channels the other local networks are transmitting on. If other networks are using the same channel then find an unused channel and get the wifi to use that channel.

Also check the wifi router using google search for issues such as the ones my Draytek had.

I applied these fixes and my periods of no access to the router stopped.

I’m guessing your other house mates are connecting to the same router and their equipment is okay.

I assume all your other equipment is working okay too and it is solely just this device that’s experiencing problems?

If so I’d personally try to get another Wi-Fi adapter on the PC and disable the one you’re currently using and test again, could be that your Wi-Fi card is on its way out.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried distance from the router? ie is it happening when you are in the same room as the router? 5Ghz does not travel well, especially in old farm house with 1m thick walls and even modern homes with reinforced concrete floors/walls.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules