Sponsored

Available FTTP service providers?

lukewd

I had FTTP installed at my premise 6 months ago by Openreach, from a BT Superfast Fibre 1 package, but am unhappy with the service from BT for whatever reason.

I'm looking to switch provider, however when I use any of the broadband comparison tools such as Uswitch or CompareTheMarket, none of them come up with any FTTP results. The options max out at 55mb fibre, when I know my line is capable of 300MB at the very least.

Can someone please advise if there is any other way to determine the service providers who are able to service my FTTP connection (in London). I'd happily go around and compare the prices manually, but right now I don't even know how to determine which ISPs are able to service it.

The only alternative to BT I have found so far is Zen Internet.

Any guidance to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Generally I'd point you to Zen, iDNET and Cerberus Networks. AAISP also do it but you might find them to be a bit expensive. Sadly Openreach's FTTP isn't widely adopted among mainstream providers, yet (partly because many of them are building their own FTTP networks).

Plusnet do have FTTP too but only as a trial programme and I think they just closed that. We might see an FTTP service launch from them soon, although they're owned by BT.

Ejaydee

I am in the same situation myself (in far west of Cornwall), BT is increasing the cost of FTTP for my connection as it seems to have a complete monopoly (again) on connections in this part of the world, so it seems the the only option I have at the moment is pay through the nose to BT, or else downgrade to a slower snail connection. So much for super-fast Britain, but rip off Britain is alive and well (and seems to be prospering).

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I am in the same situation myself (in far west of Cornwall), BT is increasing the cost of FTTP for my connection as it seems to have a complete monopoly (again) on connections in this part of the world, so it seems the the only option I have at the moment is pay through the nose to BT, or else downgrade to a slower snail connection. So much for super-fast Britain, but rip off Britain is alive and well (and seems to be prospering).
Any ISP that uses Openrach and have FTTP package can supply you with a connection, Andrews and Arnold have FTTP packages, Zen internet have FTTp packages Iknow there are not many but it is worth speaking to them.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Thanks for letting us know Freeola, I'll make a mention of that and get the listings updated.

Last edited:

lukewd

Is there a definitive list of ISP's who offer FTTP over Openreach? Can you share a link to the specific listings please?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Strictly speaking the providers I've listed above have pricing that is more consumer orientated, while others tend to be business ISPs that would be much more expensive. At present there simply aren't a lot of Openreach based FTTP providers.

El_MUERkO

Casual Member
Our community fibre scheme completed on the 10th while we were away, I've ordered from Freeola just now. Engineer booked for the 31st, it'd going to be a long two weeks...

El_MUERkO

Casual Member
Been up and running for a couple of weeks, rock solid, speeds to the max possible, turned on the Ubiquiti QOS features and everyone can be streaming and browsing and downloading while I work without issue ��

butler

ULTIMATE Member
Are you going to update your speedtest result ? ;-)

El_MUERkO

Casual Member
Done, though that's not showing the max speed I got before I enabled QOS which was hitting 300Mbps.

butler

ULTIMATE Member
bet yer quite please with that!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2513)
  2. FTTP (2208)
  3. FTTC (1660)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1429)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1240)
  8. Statistics (1100)
  9. FTTH (1077)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1040)
  11. Fibre Optic (970)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (910)
  14. 4G (901)
  15. Virgin Media (859)
  16. Sky Broadband (596)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (581)
  19. Vodafone (520)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules