Sponsored Links

Available FTTP service providers?

I had FTTP installed at my premise 6 months ago by Openreach, from a BT Superfast Fibre 1 package, but am unhappy with the service from BT for whatever reason.

I'm looking to switch provider, however when I use any of the broadband comparison tools such as Uswitch or CompareTheMarket, none of them come up with any FTTP results. The options max out at 55mb fibre, when I know my line is capable of 300MB at the very least.

Can someone please advise if there is any other way to determine the service providers who are able to service my FTTP connection (in London). I'd happily go around and compare the prices manually, but right now I don't even know how to determine which ISPs are able to service it.

The only alternative to BT I have found so far is Zen Internet.

Any guidance to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Generally I'd point you to Zen, iDNET and Cerberus Networks. AAISP also do it but you might find them to be a bit expensive. Sadly Openreach's FTTP isn't widely adopted among mainstream providers, yet (partly because many of them are building their own FTTP networks).

Plusnet do have FTTP too but only as a trial programme and I think they just closed that. We might see an FTTP service launch from them soon, although they're owned by BT.

Sponsored Links
I am in the same situation myself (in far west of Cornwall), BT is increasing the cost of FTTP for my connection as it seems to have a complete monopoly (again) on connections in this part of the world, so it seems the the only option I have at the moment is pay through the nose to BT, or else downgrade to a slower snail connection. So much for super-fast Britain, but rip off Britain is alive and well (and seems to be prospering).

I am in the same situation myself (in far west of Cornwall), BT is increasing the cost of FTTP for my connection as it seems to have a complete monopoly (again) on connections in this part of the world, so it seems the the only option I have at the moment is pay through the nose to BT, or else downgrade to a slower snail connection. So much for super-fast Britain, but rip off Britain is alive and well (and seems to be prospering).

Any ISP that uses Openrach and have FTTP package can supply you with a connection, Andrews and Arnold have FTTP packages, Zen internet have FTTp packages Iknow there are not many but it is worth speaking to them.

Thanks for letting us know Freeola, I'll make a mention of that and get the listings updated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is there a definitive list of ISP's who offer FTTP over Openreach? Can you share a link to the specific listings please?

Strictly speaking the providers I've listed above have pricing that is more consumer orientated, while others tend to be business ISPs that would be much more expensive. At present there simply aren't a lot of Openreach based FTTP providers.

Our community fibre scheme completed on the 10th while we were away, I've ordered from Freeola just now. Engineer booked for the 31st, it'd going to be a long two weeks...

Sponsored Links
Been up and running for a couple of weeks, rock solid, speeds to the max possible, turned on the Ubiquiti QOS features and everyone can be streaming and browsing and downloading while I work without issue ��

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules