Sponsored Links

Awaiting for service to go live?

Congratulations. I would keep both virgin £21/month + CF £25/month if you WFH and internet is critical as neither are reliable. Especially as CF can offer 6 months free service if you haggle and say you in contract with another ISP.
My wife only works a couple of hours on the weekend at home. Really don’t need two services active.
We got 4 months free and free installation.
As soon as CF is installed on 9th nov I’ll be calling virgin to cancel.

Has anyone ever cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period? Anything I should expect or is it straight forward?

Activate as in you’ve already purchased it and waiting for them to come down and install it in your house? Or for them to activate the service so you can purchase it?
I have mine booked in for 9th November
The service has not yet been activated on the street.

Hi everyone,

CommunityFibre installed the poles in our street in May 2023, but the service has not been activated yet, I could not get a clear answer when I asked. virgin media contract expired, I could not renew it, I am still waiting... address N15 5 area.
Hi All,
After months, today they fixed the boxes on the top of the pole and I will check frequently if the service is active. The boxes have been waiting to be fixed for about 7 months.

Hi All,
After months, today they fixed the boxes on the top of the pole and I will check frequently if the service is active. The boxes have been waiting to be fixed for about 7 months.
Service went live for me at midnight of the day the boxes were fixed at the top of the pole.

Sponsored Links
Had a horrible experience.
Booked an appointment for the 9th of November and they came to install it.
Had no internet for 4 days and was told it’s an issue with the telephone pole.
I called every day during those 4 days and on the 4th day I was told my equipment wasn’t activated. They activated it and I had a live connection for a whole 2 days.
They sent an engineer, I guess they didn’t communicate with the engineer team that it’s been fixed. The engineers disconnected me and I had no internet for another 7 days.
Yesterday another engineer came and fixed the issue the first team created.
Called up today for compensation and they offered me £21. Wasn’t that happy with that so they increased it to £42, still wasn’t happy but accepted it.

Just hope no more engineers come due to lack of communication between teams/ departments.

Other than that the speed is amazing and price is great too

Hi all,

We’ve had community fibre boxes installed on our telephone poles all wired in. It’s been like that for 3 weeks now.
Where abouts do you live? It'd be handy to know.

Someone living in Haringey mentioned they were waiting too. I suspect that they're going to wait for the whole of Enfield and Haringey to be finished before they go live although someone here dismissed that. They could even wait until they've done other parts of London like the rest of Barnet

I don't think signing up to a new contract was a good idea, if I'm not mistaken you're committed for the length of the contract unless you pay an early exit fee. At the end of your contract you can just continue as a customer but not be out of contract. My contract ended at the end of Oct and I haven't renewed because I'm hoping to get CF, it's costing me a few quid extra each month but that's a lot easier than waiting another 12-18month to cancel.

Someone living in Haringey mentioned they were waiting too. I suspect that they're going to wait for the whole of Enfield and Haringey to be finished before they go live although someone here dismissed that. They could even wait until they've done other parts of London like the rest of Barnet
Based on today's news that CF is pausing all build projects and only going to complete ones that are close to already being finished .. might actually never happen in these areas if you've not seen them lay fibre under the pavement in your street already.

Real shame and a kick in the teeth for people who've been waiting.

Based on today's news that CF is pausing all build projects and only going to complete ones that are close to already being finished .. might actually never happen in these areas if you've not seen them lay fibre under the pavement in your street already.

I hope my area is considered close enough. They've cabled the local main road but I don't know how much it'd take to do a side street. It's a double shame because Openreach around here is very poor, Samknows claims we get FTTC but we're limited to 60mb/s, so I imagine they'd have a lot of customers who want decent speeds but not at VM prices

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

CommunityFibre installed the poles in our street in May 2023, but the service has not been activated yet, I could not get a clear answer when I asked. virgin media contract expired, I could not renew it, I am still waiting... address N15 5 area.
and the winner was openreach. CF failed to activate the service as promised and still hasn't done so. This morning I received an email from openreach that the full fibre line on my street is active, I immediately ordered 910mbps/105mbps from vodafone for £33 per month and the service will be active on 10 January.

Sponsored Links
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5385)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2221)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1589)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1375)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (914)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules