Sponsored

Awful First Impression

James B

Top Member
well, after getting HH installed after a long battle :), i decided to give 128k a try and given the positive press, i signed up to NDO today. What a mistake! Whilst signing on ok at 5pm, since 7pm I have been unable to get on - i left my pc re-dialling for an hour, and still did not get connected. Other ISPs work fine. It looks to me like lack of capacity, plain and simple. Called tech support - they said they are also getting busy - they will escalate it for it, and gave me a complaint number (332 868) but nothing seems to being done. My UID is: rbranthwaite.ndo.co.uk if that helps the rep.

Very dissapointed :crap:

James

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello

We are not currently at capacity nor have we been for the evening so the problem is not with NDO or our port allocation.

Since like all ISPs we buy our ports in bulk from a telco - it may be that the telco is having capacity problems in your local area. Based on your CLI on records for your username we have escalated based on this assumption for your area.

I have also sent you a PM with an alternative number you may wish to try dialling in on.

I am sorry for this "first impression" of NDO - we do not normally have unavailability issues as we always aim to have spare capacity.

I will send you an update when I have one from our telco.

Best wishes,
Doug.

James B

Top Member
Update for any-one watching the thread. The alternative number works fine at 64k, but many errors occur when bonded at 128k. Nice to see such prompt replies too - help to calm any fears - other ISPs (S*********D) could learn alot from NDO. The other number as of 9.30 has begun to work too - prob peak time capacity probs with local telco im guessing and suffers from same errors at 128k. Then again, other ISPs have this prob too, but not all. (eg Firefly 128k PAYG has loads of erros, NDO 128k PAYG doesn't - wierd eh)

James

James B

Top Member
well, tonight I didn't need any backup numbers - the main number is working OK atm, apart from the uncorrected errors when bonded to 128k, which NDO know about and are working on. Full marks for the tech support - lets hope the error prob is fixed. What happens is when bonded to 128k, in the DUN screen, under errors, there are A LOT of errors. Some other PAYG Isps are the same, but the NDO PAYG is perfect, so it must be a prob with ISPs in general. Any ideas?

james

wooosh

I found the NDO 128k package a disaster.

Endless problebs with 128k connections.

I hope you have more sucess

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello

A few months ago we did have a lot of issues with ISDN 128k connections on our Unmetered service, however our PAYG 128k ISDN service was unaffected. After a lot of work (lots of reconfiguration and a hefty upgrade to the service) we have resolved these issues with the Unmetered platform for almost every user...

See: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10827

As you can see from the follow-ups - the fixes put inplace as part of that upgrade resolved the 128k problems...

With James B we are looking to see what is the problem in their specific case; it could be their router is not compatable (or needs a minor config change to work) with our end dial equipment or any number of other factors. Currently our Sysad team are working hard to diagnose and fix the problem.

However, for the vast majority of NDO's 128k users all issues such as lag, ping spikes and data errors were resolved back in June...

Regards,
Sam

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £22.50 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2741)
  2. FTTP (2670)
  3. FTTC (1768)
  4. Building Digital UK (1723)
  5. Politics (1631)
  6. Openreach (1592)
  7. Business (1403)
  8. FTTH (1330)
  9. Statistics (1223)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1195)
  11. Fibre Optic (1048)
  12. 4G (1027)
  13. Wireless Internet (1009)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1004)
  15. Virgin Media (992)
  16. EE (678)
  17. Sky Broadband (662)
  18. TalkTalk (653)
  19. Vodafone (651)
  20. 5G (487)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules