Sponsored Links

B535 4G router issues... Can I roll back the update????

Steve-2019

Sadly my B535 router updated a few days ago and I have had nothing but problems...

-Blink System not connecting
-Slow WiFi connections / buffering when streaming
-My old router setup as a Access Point at other end of the house now won't allow WiFi connections only ethernet
-Slow speeds, went from 50mb to 10mb
-Tools like Huactrl etc no longer work.

Aaarrrggghhhh any ideas??? Luckily I have a B525 somewhere so will have to go back to that and disable updates if I can't sort this..

Thanks

Sadly my B535 router updated a few days ago and I have had nothing but problems...

-My old router setup as a Access Point at other end of the house now won't allow WiFi connections only ethernet

Aaarrrggghhhh any ideas??? Luckily I have a B525 somewhere so will have to go back to that and disable updates if I can't sort this..

Thanks
You are not the only one complaining, so this confirms the botched firmware theory. Three are on a bloody roll here!
Best is to get in touch with their support and see if they know anything about it.. you might have to insist.
Couple of weeks back they botched the update for some 5G routers... it's already a known issue, hopefully there won't be much resistance in admitting and trying to help.

You are not the only one complaining, so this confirms the botched firmware theory. Three are on a bloody roll here!
Best is to get in touch with their support and see if they know anything about it.. you might have to insist.
Couple of weeks back they botched the update for some 5G routers... it's already a known issue, hopefully there won't be much resistance in admitting and trying to help.

Contacted 3 and they said to try a hard reset... Will try that tonight but don't think it will help but who knows :)

Sponsored Links

Thanks
Have you had any success? I recently purchased a b535-333 and its causing me issues, it wont let me access gaming services, you cant edit the APN IPV settings and when you try to add a new APN it disconnects from the internet. Loosing my mind

Have you had any success? I recently purchased a b535-333 and its causing me issues, it wont let me access gaming services, you cant edit the APN IPV settings and when you try to add a new APN it disconnects from the internet. Loosing my mind
what network are you using? Since you can't access gaming services, makes me think about CGNAT.

Ok so did the hard reset and still the same...

I checked the error log and saw "LAN side maintenance IP address 192.168.8.1 conflict with Device"

So what I did next was turn all my network / Internet stuff off at the mains and turned all wireless stuff off eg phones, then I turned the router on waited 1 minute and then turned everything back on one at a time.

So far no errors but tonight will be the test when streaming a film

Only thing is I can't change bands as the apps don't seem to work anymore so need to look into that

Ok so did the hard reset and still the same...

I checked the error log and saw "LAN side maintenance IP address 192.168.8.1 conflict with Device"

So what I did next was turn all my network / Internet stuff off at the mains and turned all wireless stuff off eg phones, then I turned the router on waited 1 minute and then turned everything back on one at a time.

So far no errors but tonight will be the test when streaming a film

Only thing is I can't change bands as the apps don't seem to work anymore so need to look into that
Huactrl seems to be blocked in this new update... Not good.

Sponsored Links
It;s with EE this issue is the router wont let me select ipv4 its locked to ipv6 and when i create a new APN with ipv4 it disconnects from the internet.

Have you tried this in the options -

Special Applications
Configure parameters to allow the use of special applications, such as online games, video conferencing, or IP phone over the LAN.

It;s with EE this issue is the router wont let me select ipv4 its locked to ipv6 and when i create a new APN with ipv4 it disconnects from the internet.
The gaming won't be allowed on EE due to CGNAT. sign up to the A&A L2TP service (tenner a month) and that will sort the gaming issue alongside the IPv6 issue

Sponsored Links
A tenner sounds quite expensive to me. I use Ivacy VPN for about £1 a month on a five year term. The absolute bestest price is $80 US for five years but last time I renewed I asked if I could have it for the previous $72 and the guy said ok. The EU servers are quite fast.

A tenner sounds quite expensive to me. I use Ivacy VPN for about £1 a month on a five year term. The absolute bestest price is $80 US for five years but last time I renewed I asked if I could have it for the previous $72 and the guy said ok. The EU servers are quite fast.
I would still use A&A's service as it is UK provided and A&A is an extremely reliable company with good customer support

What speeds do you see over the VPN, the A&A L2TP is limited to 200MB/s and 2TB usage.

What speeds do you see over the VPN, the A&A L2TP is limited to 200MB/s and 2TB usage.
When I was subscribed last year the limit was 100Mbps. It usually worked close to that.

Sponsored Links
I only use it for torrent downloads but I've done a couple of speed tests and got around 160 mb/s from Dutch and German servers. Ivacy do seem to have reduced their server count recently, but considering their prices I'm not that surprised.
They charge extra for port forwarding but I set up several servers manually from Windows and that seems to bypass port blocking. It's a bit odd though. If I run a port test from a website it says the port is blocked but if I run my torrent client it opens the port. While the client is running a port test then shows it's open.
I don't think there are any download or upload usage limits.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules