Sponsored

BBC Finally Launches iPlayer IPTV Service

arundel

Casual Member
To be more specific, you'll be able to use it if you're using a PC running windows XP SP2. According to the bbc news website Vista isn't supported yet either!

metalmonkey

I'm really not buying into this IPTV thing. The programmes on TV are crap, so having it in another form like this isn't gonna help improve it any.

When a good programme does occasionally come on then i'll stick with my PVR thanks. That way I decide how and when I watch the programme and not the BBC or any other channel for that matter.

spy_sat5

Top Member
So linux isnt supported either then i assume :/

the bbc has been for ages pulling all sorts of excuses for not supporting open source technology and use the windows media video format smacks of short sightedness. and to think that institutions nowadays were trying to avoid vendor lock in.

arundel

Casual Member
So linux isnt supported either then i assume :/

the bbc has been for ages pulling all sorts of excuses for not supporting open source technology and use the windows media video format smacks of short sightedness. and to think that institutions nowadays were trying to avoid vendor lock in.
Well I don't know about excuses, but if you want a reason look no further than this!

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
for the record (l know its not ur fault bob) but l HATE pages that resize my windows without telling me beforehand LOL too many sites do it and it annoys the hell out of me >_<

Daabe

While I realise it’s a trial, I have absolutely no intention of buying an iPad just to be able to use iPlayer here in The Netherlands. I hope that at some point in the future the iPlayer will be available on subscription for PCs.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules