Sponsored Links

BBC Finally Launches iPlayer IPTV Service

To be more specific, you'll be able to use it if you're using a PC running windows XP SP2. According to the bbc news website Vista isn't supported yet either!

I'm really not buying into this IPTV thing. The programmes on TV are crap, so having it in another form like this isn't gonna help improve it any.

When a good programme does occasionally come on then i'll stick with my PVR thanks. That way I decide how and when I watch the programme and not the BBC or any other channel for that matter.

Sponsored Links
So linux isnt supported either then i assume :/

the bbc has been for ages pulling all sorts of excuses for not supporting open source technology and use the windows media video format smacks of short sightedness. and to think that institutions nowadays were trying to avoid vendor lock in.

So linux isnt supported either then i assume :/

the bbc has been for ages pulling all sorts of excuses for not supporting open source technology and use the windows media video format smacks of short sightedness. and to think that institutions nowadays were trying to avoid vendor lock in.

Well I don't know about excuses, but if you want a reason look no further than this!

Sponsored Links
for the record (l know its not ur fault bob) but l HATE pages that resize my windows without telling me beforehand LOL too many sites do it and it annoys the hell out of me >_<

While I realise it’s a trial, I have absolutely no intention of buying an iPad just to be able to use iPlayer here in The Netherlands. I hope that at some point in the future the iPlayer will be available on subscription for PCs.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules