Sponsored

BE wireless router ownership

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
I notice that I get a wireless modem from Be when I ordered. I haven't received it yet, but do I own it, or am I simply leasing it from Be for the length I have their service?

If I don't own it outright i would prefer to return it now and use my own wireless router.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
This is what they say:

Be will provide you with a welcome pack, including a Be Box modem, adaptor, cables and filter(s) and a CD and booklet (the 'Equipment'). Be agrees to lease the Equipment to you for as long as you continue to receive the Services under these Terms. The Equipment remains the property of Be and you will need to take good care of the Equipment while it is leased to you.
That could mean you will own it AFTER the initial contract term expires or that it will remain leased so long as you continue to agree with their Terms and Conditions. Hard to say.

hoggypotter

Casual Member
BE Router

The router belongs to BE, even if you have been with them past the initial contract period. When you leave BE they will ask for the router to be returned or will charge £100.00 if they don't receive the router within a set number of days, which I think is 30.

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
As hoggypotter said, you lease it, but contact them before they send it telling them you have an alternate router to use and would rather use that, in saying that, they will tell you that they use it for tech support and that other routers are not supported.

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks. I may drop them an email to verify whether I need to use their router. I don't want to keep it, and have it accidentally break during my time with Be leaving me with a big charge.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2091)
  3. FTTC (1630)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1206)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1004)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (873)
  15. Virgin Media (842)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (575)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules