Sponsored

Be's Network Expansion Stalled?

tghe-retford

Top Member
I am keeping an eye on whether my exchange has been enabled for Be Broadband. It's due this month and I have signed up so once it is enabled, I will get an email. But what I have noticed keeping an eye on the Be website is that things have stopped. There hasn't been any exchanges enabled for a week, and the samknows website shows quite a few exchanges which should have been enabled in March still haven't been done.

Is Be/O2 still pressing ahead with the network expansion? Because if they are not, I will have to find another ISP to move to. I'm waiting for Be to arrive at my exchange before I switch from my ISP.

I don't want to be disappointed again:

Samknows Broadband said:
01/02/2007 Be Unlimited is no longer reporting an enablement date for the Retford exchange

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I can't see why they would want to halt their planned expansion as the service appears to be seeing reasonably strong growth via both O2 and Be. Sadly our PR contacts with Be aren't excellent in that they rarely respond to us but I'll see if we can find something out.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Mine was actually enabled early.

It was due to be enable 31st March, but was actually enabled on the 19th.

I'm still undecided wether i'm signing up or not, this expansion could see things start going downhill on Be, so I might just wait a couple of months and see how things go... :cool:

Be changed their mind about my exchange last year as well, but they came through this time. The Retford exchange still seems to have a date (30/04/2008), so just wait and see. :shrug:

tghe-retford

Top Member
I can't see why they would want to halt their planned expansion as the service appears to be seeing reasonably strong growth via both O2 and Be. Sadly our PR contacts with Be aren't excellent in that they rarely respond to us but I'll see if we can find something out.
Thanks for your help. :)

tghe-retford

Top Member
Just checked on the Be* website, and the enablement date for my exchange has been delayed to May. Just a case now of twiddling thumbs and waiting.

quishuk

The exchange I'm connected to (frodsham) has had an enablement date of the 31st March 08, I have emailed them on two occasions asking them if they can tell me what is happening or at least update their website and although they do respond to emails they appear to have no clue as to what is going on, bit of a poor show really :(

quishuk

Thanks, tried that but got the "please check our website" lol, which means they have no clue:hrmph:

quishuk

thanks for that I'll give it a go on Monday and see if I can get an answer, or even get them to update their website;)

quishuk

not been able to get any more info as yet, the website is still showing March 08.....I give, up it will be done when it's done I suppose :(

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2092)
  3. FTTC (1631)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1207)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1006)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (874)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules