Sponsored

***beware Of Downgarde***

jon

Casual Member
***Beware Of Downgrade***

When we first got the conneciton a year ago the rep told me that we could upgrade/downgrade as required. We recently try to downgrade from an arc2000 to an arc1000 or arc500 and are told 'Our company does not allow downgrades'

How can this be?

Last edited:

nathans

Top Member
I bet they dont mind you upgrading though, hope you got the reps name. If so contact head office and report him for misselling their service, you may also be able to report them to the advertising standards council, and trading standards.

jon

Casual Member
Indeed, we started off with the 500 then to the 1000 and finally the 2000, upgrading was soooo easy.

Initially we tried to cancel the contract because we are moving building and are not allowed the dish up (stroppy landlord). Aramiska said unlucky, you have a 19 month contract, 'nothing we can do' - even though we paid top dollar for installation and had a pefectly good reason for needing to cancel.

So as a compromise I suggest we reduce the service to an arc500 and pay the remaiing months at £150.

Not interested.

Last edited:

nathans

Top Member
Sounds especially unfair as thats the package you started on, and i though aramiska were marketing themselves as a different satellite isp and not money grabbing like the others.

ProfPete

ISP Rep
Hopefully one of the two aramiska reps will be around soon to clear this one up... ;)

Fudskie

Pro Member
Hello,
Firstly i am not sales so nooooo sales snigger :) secondly yes the contract is a contract so this is a legal thing any company issues & the party agrees or doesnt if they dont like the details inside. I dont know about you situation in detail i have just read the forum.......The company does not do downgrades & i agree if this was told to you at the point of sale then this needs to be checked to see if this was available at the time & also if this was indeed a mis-sale by the rep. I do not wish the reps name to be published on here (privacy is something we all respect) but feel this should be mentioned to the ASM direct Manager. You can PM/mail me the details if you wish & i will contact the RSM to contact you directly.

Fudskie

Pro Member
Pm?

no message yet received? i believe you tried to talk to our Kent office i was there (still am) telesales rep mentioned it to me & i tried to intervene but the call had gone, can you send me your details etc as i need to know this to help.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2512)
  2. FTTP (2204)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1239)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1076)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (969)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (909)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules