Sponsored

Beware of V21!!!

wobbler

Just because this V21 forum has been quiet for a while, doesn't mean they aren't still up to their usual tricks. Like the payment date slipping scam, where you pay twice a month, or whenever V21 feel the need to take extra cash from you. Or changing customers to a yearly contract from a monthly one without asking them, while in the meantime charging them £29.99 instead of £9.99 and seeing if the punter notices.

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO V21?

chelsea

I have been a customer of V21's now since September 2005 and i have found them to be very liable the service is speedy and there customer services team is second to none.

I thank them for a brilliant service and wish them all the best with the future

wobbler

chelsea said:
I have been a customer of V21's now since September 2005 and i have found them to be very liable the service is speedy and there customer services team is second to none.

I thank them for a brilliant service and wish them all the best with the future
Liable to help themselves to your credit card more like. :laugh: So don't forget to check your statements on a regular basis. ;)

reset

ULTIMATE Member
Let's hope you never need their C/S for line problems either, you will be singing a different tune then.

chelsea

Why are you so negative?? Have you experienced problems in the past?

wobbler

Egg on face?

Maybe he/she got shafted by V21 and couldn't face us!

wobbler

V21's email was down for several days last week, now their long suffering customers can't connect through ADSL. Anyone fancy migrating to V21? Thought not. :laugh:

wobbler

So you always go for the cheap ISPs then? :D
How long have you been with them, I'd guess since about Sept 2005? You hardly qualify to start making positive comments about them, particularly when you consider their many past indiscretions.

anon

Lets put it this way.
When I left V21 I felt the need to report my credit card lost or stolen as their payemnts were on it.

wobbler

Sounds like a sensible move.

Their penchant for helping themselves to customers finances is well known. Either by extra monthly payments, ever creeping payment dates, £80 fines when the customer gets cute with them, or continuing to take payments after a customer has left.

Then there's the issue of the spam they send out trying to entice old customers back.

drgl

Pro Member
anon said:
Lets put it this way.
When I left V21 I felt the need to report my credit card lost or stolen as their payemnts were on it.
same here-i also advised everyone i had signed up to do the same.V21 idiots.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
With a reputation like the one they have it's amazing they are still in business.

I've never used them, but with all of the horror stories I've heard, I wouldn't even consider them - mind you, the same goes for Tiscali, BT, PlusNet.....

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Its funny, but looking at all of Jeffs posts they have a similar vein to chelsea's.

Just an observation.

PokerPlayer

Top Member
Oh you gotta love 'em. Took me since last December to resolve a dispute regarding my account being "accidentally" downgraded. I was on an Unlimited service and monthly contracts and to be fair, i was downloading 50+ Gb a month just because i could. I got downgraded to a 2Gb capped service, was billed for 80Gb at £2 a Gb and told it was tough - i had to pay it. After mucho arguing, they put me back onto their NEW "unlimited" service (which now had a 40Gb F.U.P.) and a 12 month contract. Obviously i wasn't a happy bunny but they were so bullish and arrogant and it was basically "like it or lump it". I left it a few months then contacted Trading Standards. Also had a very keen "no win, no fee" solicitor who took up the case without hesitation. Don't know what happened but they phoned me immediately and i had a full refund and the contract dropped. SORTED. :)

Since then we've had bills creeping to every 3 weeks and a whole list of cockups because they keep changing backbone providers. Wouldn't be so bad if they pre-warned customers of changes to the service but they don't. Ooooooh, i could rant for hours and hours. And they're not even a cheap ISP.

I'm migrating next month. Still need to choose between Nildram, EntaNet (UKFSN) and XiFos though...
:confused:

Last edited:

wobbler

PokerPlayer, I remember your plight well.
Glad the end is in sight and you can finally rid yourself of these turkeys, and I hope things work out for you at your next ISP, at least it can't get any worse!

Good to hear someone has stood up to these people, I'd love to buy you and your solicitor a pint. :cool:
If their wonky payment system (been a nice little earner there Mr. Kaye! ;) ) was taking payments every five weeks, it would have been fixed immediately, rather than sending out those scripted responses along the lines of 'we're not quite sure why your payment dates have been creeping closer'. Yeah right!

Just think of all those punters who are still being screwed by them, or those that haven't even realised, it's just a shame ISPs aren't featured on Rogue Traders!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1113)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (923)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules