Sponsored Links

Big Blue Internet - Help

I've been trying to contact Big Blue to advise of new payment tool. The link on the website takes me to a list of related sites to do with computers/services and the phone number given for customer services is constantly engaged. I've been trying to contact them since last week. This morning I've had the 'problems with payment' email stating that I need to contact them within 10 days. I've hit a brick wall. Ofcom have advised me to write to what appears to be the parent company 'Hauka UK Ltd' but send no money. Does anyone know how to access their customer website. I'm getting a little worried now.

Thanks

I forgot to say that it's because my usual mode of payment has been used fraudulently by a third party and therefore cancelled, that I need to give new details!

Did the payment details show up on your statement as "ISP SUB NET"

I think V21 may have taken some ex-BBI customers over because as I recall last year they had a Bigblue sign-up page on their ISPserve server => https://secure.ispserve.co.uk/sec/_...nup/package_detail&a_code=BBI&pre=&smp_id=126

and the name server for their email tech help address points to V21's speed-mail.co.uk nameservers (see http://web.archive.org/web/20050404061859/www.bigblueinternet.com/contact.htm )
Domain name:
bbiemail.co.uk

Registrant:
Big Blue Internet

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
Big Blue House
Second Floor
101 Westend Street
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
OL9 6AL
GB

Registrant's agent:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 07-Oct-2004
Renewal date: 07-Oct-2006

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers:
ns0.speed-mail.co.uk
ns1.speed-mail.co.uk

I suggest you do a whois on the Received: from IP address in the email they sent you and your own IP address.

Sponsored Links
Thanks

I have contacted another account company as recommended by another user. No joy. The reference on the cc bill is ISP Sub Net.
I've tried looking at V21 but they seem to have gone out of business.
How can I check who is on yahoo mail?

Thanks

Provided you can still connect using Bigblue internet, you can find out who you IP address is registered with by visiting here http://www.whatsmyip.org/more/

I guess you could just look up the From domain (and/or the IP address in the received: from line if you can figure out how to view the email headers) here:- http://www.whois.sc/

However it would appear you are a V21/biscit customer. Your bank ought to be able to check the company collecting payment, but as far as I recall that is what the CC statement showed when I was with another V21 company called Fast4 :crap: :hrmph:

V21 have been taken over by by Biscit (I have seen one person post that his Credit card company said V21 are now in liquidation, however I have no idea if this is true).

The V21 site is up and down like a yo-yo at the moment.

If you are a dial up customer you could also check the number, the most common V21 one is 08089933025

Biscit appears to hold the account. I've been round the houses trying to find this out. I have left several messages on answerphones, emailed and sent the contact forms on the website to no avail. I can't remember/don't know my customer login details so I cannot even access the exisiting customer pages on biscit. I don't know what else to do - perhaps I should write to them and send recorded delivery. It is just a joke. I have logged a complaint with OFCOM about my inability to update payment details using the communications tools provided in the reminder email.

More trouble!

I eventually updated my payment details. Money was taken from my account but I received no acknowledgement for it. A little over a week ago I received an e-receipt for £0.00!

For the last two days I haven't been able to access the Internet from home. I have received no notification that billing is due - payment normally 20 of the month. I have tried accessing the biscit/V21 customer contact page and I only see 'under constrution'. Does anyone know what is going on? I will need to check my bank account today to see if money has been taken already.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've been trying to contact Big Blue to advise of new payment tool. The link on the website takes me to a list of related sites to do with computers/services and the phone number given for customer services is constantly engaged. I've been trying to contact them since last week. This morning I've had the 'problems with payment' email stating that I need to contact them within 10 days. I've hit a brick wall. Ofcom have advised me to write to what appears to be the parent company 'Hauka UK Ltd' but send no money. Does anyone know how to access their customer website. I'm getting a little worried now.

Thanks

OK what i have underlined and put in bold is important, if you search these forums for Gio you will find their other ISP that closed a few years back.

I eventually updated my payment details. Money was taken from my account but I received no acknowledgement for it. A little over a week ago I received an e-receipt for £0.00!

For the last two days I haven't been able to access the Internet from home. I have received no notification that billing is due - payment normally 20 of the month. I have tried accessing the biscit/V21 customer contact page and I only see 'under constrution'. Does anyone know what is going on? I will need to check my bank account today to see if money has been taken already.

Thanks.

I believe somebody said that V21/biscit have changed to a fixed billing date at the start of the month (presumably to simplify the old V21's over complex and unreliable billing system). I believe they also said that they were incorrectly charged for a full month.

I suggest checking your account as some others that have received bills for £0 have actually been charged some amount or other.

I would also recommend checking previous statements for billing errors - in particular payment date creep over at least the last 18 months, several people have complained they have been billed 13 times a year or twice in the same month etc. Where there are errors, Biscit apparently do refund if you can contact them, if you can't get through speak to your card company.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5505)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2258)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1969)
  9. Statistics (1786)
  10. 4G (1661)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1457)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules