Sponsored

Biscit and the Bailifs

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
As has been mentioned several times already V Two One had a visit from the High Court Sheriff today. This was connected with one of a number of court cases we have been involved with while pursuing Biscit for various areas of breach of contractual obligations and general non payment.

This particular case is because Biscit cancelled a cheque that was to be used to pay off a loan that was in our personal names. This is one of several personal liabilities that Biscit were supposed to relieve us of on completion of the sale. In the scheme of things it was only a small amount however we were being pursued by the bank to repay this and therefore it needed to be dealt with.

As has been common knowledge for at least a few days now, Biscit / V Two One were closing their offices today and laying off all staff. This was of course the best time to do this because it would cause the most minimal disruption to both the staff and the users. We weren't prepared to wait until all V Two Ones assets were sold of as this would leave us with nothing to pay the bank with.

All the items seized today were the office equipment including PC's etc used for the support staff who were already leaving. None of the equipment taken was connected to the network controlling the users. Therefore we were fully aware that this would not have any affect on your connection.

In terms of what will now happen to Biscit and V Two one customers, this I'm not entirely sure of. I know as per the news article that Biscit users ( this includes V Two One dial users ) have indeed been sold; and I would expect you will see more news on this in the coming days. However I have no real information I can give you on this as we are not party to any of these transactions.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
A few questions and yes i am sceptical of this whole thing.

1. How can you prove the equipment taken was V21 and not Biscits?
2. Can you say you have definitely not taken computers that hold the database for Biscit customers?

Paulplex

ISP Rep
...I'd written my name on my office PC: can I have it back? ;)

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
...I'd written my name on my office PC: can I have it back? ;)

As you might have but until someone who was there today ( you wasn't ) answers the questions there is no proof they was V21 computers and desks/chairs.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
On another note

My opinion of what has occurred so far since the sale of V Two One is as follows:

Pre acquisition, V Two One was running a reasonably good network and most customers were reasonably happy. I'm not saying we didn't have our problems but then there is no ISP without issues somewhere. There were some debts as there always is with any business of this size, however we always kept this under control; and more importantlyWe kept paying the creditors. From what I can see the same can be said for Biscit, before taking V Two One they also ran a reasonable ship.

However once the purchase of V Two One went ahead they made the biggest mistake anyone can make when buying any company. They got rid of all the people that had spent years of their lives building it up. We knew how everything worked and yet they couldn't wait to get us out of the door.

I have read several posts giving various reasons for the many disruptions that occurred post acquisition. The reasons are very simple the network was changed in so many ways far too quickly and with no consultation with us. So therefore Biscit spent their time blaming us for messing up a network that we had no access to.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
A few questions and yes i am sceptical of this whole thing.

1. How can you prove the equipment taken was V21 and not Biscits?
2. Can you say you have definitely not taken computers that hold the database for Biscit customers?

Kits

The first point to be fair is more for the sheriff and V Two One / Biscit to decide, however we did point out all the V Two One equipment.

However on the second point we have not taken any databases of any users, the databases are not an asset for us to take.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
You say you didn't take it but did you actually chyeck what was on the computers you took? If not there reasonable doubt.

I know many had CCJs in for one reason or another these same people woudn't have been in this position. It was V21 selling out that placed them in Biscits contol now again they are left with no chance of getting their oney as V21 have already cleaned out the office so to speak. Sorry but Pauls method of advertising your cleanout didnt give a thought to the others who are trapped with debt thanks to biscit and no chance to get theirs back.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
You say you didn't take it but did you actually chyeck what was on the computers you took? If not there reasonable doubt.
I don't think it works that way, Kits: the equipment confiscated by the bailiffs would normally be auctioned off and the proceeds of this going to the person who requested the courts intervene in the first place - I don't imagine anything that was taken today is going to be sitting on a Fast4 desk (or any affiliation with ex V21 directors for that matter) anytime soon...

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I don't think it works that way, Kits: the equipment confiscated by the bailiffs would normally be auctioned off and the proceeds of this going to the person who requested the courts intervene in the first place - I don't imagine anything that was taken today is going to be sitting on a Fast4 desk (or any affiliation with ex V21 directors for that matter) anytime soon...

They removed computers, if they are auctioned off and do contain the database for Biscit customers just think of the breach in Data protection this action has caused.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
If im reading all this right biscuit bought V21 right and your a ex director or what ever of V21 and you have sent in bailifs to take your old equipment that now belongs to biscuit?

If that is true who says you know something is on them computers I know if i was running a dodgy ISP and yes I used to work for one and know the ways of how a database can be ripped off ( I used to help with this as well) and I know how to store a file so its hidden, or if any employee used notepad or what ever to store notes there can be all sorts of data that is on them.

I am with kits on this something stinks to high heven on this and if I was a director of a company just gone bust I wouldnt be on a forum about it, theres some evil plan at the end of this and I hope that it comes to light.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
I think once again this is for the sheriff and not us. We didn't ask to take certain items we simply called in the bailiffs to recover goods as V21 had not paid a legitimate debt. What they recovered is up to them, as far as I'm aware all PC's that get seized in this type of raid do get formatted however don't quote me on it.

As you have said "something stinks" and the thing that stinks is the fact that a company like this can put so many people through absolute turmoil and get away with it. So far their actions have caused nothing but problems, they have caused both mental and financial heartache to thousands of people.

While I was there I was amazed to hear stories about court case after court case, they seemed to think they are above everyone else therefore they don't need to pay ANY creditors.

I'm not just talking about ourselves, we get regularly get calls from creditors of V Two One asking if we know any way to get paid. I know of at least 10 who are either in the throws or have already begun legal action. I'm sure there will be more as things progress. At the end of the day the Netservices fiasco was down to the same thing they didn't pay them.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
I think your both reading too much into this. Yes, there is issues with the DPA, but Fast 4 has very likely stolen the customer details already (see the spam thread in Fast 4 part of this forum). They obviously took the data with them. Apperently, only Steve Kaye is part of Fast 4 from V21 lot, so if it was him I dont know.

But as they had access to the details before they left, if they were going to take it, they would have (and someone did).

Of course, if the computers are on sale to joe public via auction, I should hope they are killdisked first.

I doubt the workstations contained the databases, but they would have at least accessed them. Regardless, they should definatly be PROPERLY wiped. Obviously, thats a case for whoever took them. Somehow I doubt it happens properly.

Otherwise you might be seeing a few more CDs full of email addresses (and god knows what else) on ebay.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
. At the end of the day the Netservices fiasco was down to the same thing they didn't pay them.

Was the debt to NS just the overusage from the unworkable no limits or was there more unpaid bills besides?

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
if I was a director of a company just gone bust I wouldnt be on a forum about it,

I'm not a director of a company that went bust.

I'm only posting information that I am aware of to let customers know what is going on. After all if we waited for Biscit to say something we might be in for a long long wait, and even then I can't imagine it would have much substance to it.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
All I can say is that the termination wasn't simply down to one invoice they didn't pay.

As you say it was more than one bill so as the termination was almost instant once Biscit took over the debt was infact yours.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
...on a previous subject on formatting a system data can be recovered... in order to cleanly get rid of data is time consuming since it would require zero filling, hence it would be easy to recover data since l dont think the bailiffs would go through it with that much of a fine tooth comb

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
True Dude I might be over reacting but I have been in this situalation personally with Gio Activeware Hauka etc and we ripped the database off through the support control panel over a dial up connection (took us 2-3 months thou) and i have related to alot of the ex Gio customers on here in the past and I can see it happening again.

As to the computers anything could happen its like what the start of stingray was when they go on aution and bought by some one, "Anything can happen in the next half hour" till any temp files or what ever are recovered.

My one sad feeling over all this is the customers that will suffer for a while to come, who of which shouldnt get debt collectors letters at christmas time for once!

This is purely at the ex directors of V21 from what I have read on how some of your (ex)customers? have been treated in the past I dont see many them saying that how they was treated better before you sold them to biscit.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
I didnt mean about the whole thing, I just meant about the guys of V21 taking the details. Thats not to worry about now, because like I said someone already did by the looks of things.

And oddly enough, not a single person from V21 has even whispered anything about it, yet I have made sure its about as much as possible.

Obviously V21 had incredibly lax security, considering the email addresses of customers were stolen.

Fast 4 support guy even blamed it on biscit :laugh: :laugh: !! (Which means biscit sold it to someone dodgy, and fast 4 bought it from them and spammed them! Very likely that eh?)

And timeless, yes your right. thats why i said they should be killdisked (wipes over each sector continually, the longer you leave it, the better).

I have gotten back anything I wanted from a formatted drive, using very cheap software.

I really dont think V21 can take the heat for the systems that were seized, as they usually just get passed on to be auctioned.

However, it is concerning to see some of the comments.

We all know that when they were taken over, Biscit claimed the bills they had to pay were way over. Now I dont suppose we will ever know exactly what happened with that.

It does concern me, that Fast 4 was started right after.Why would it be, if V21 was running well?

Cold Fusion

and yet we still dont really know whats going to happen to us, We've been sold to Breathe internet but according to thier website the fastest connection they offer is 1mb! All i want to know is, is my contract now null and although we've been transfered to Breathe can i get a mac code without entering into a contract and having to pay termination fee's

and if not, why the hell not.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules