Sponsored

Biscit and the Bailifs

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
I agree with a lot of them if not all Dude, btw limewire ERD commander iso file will recover any deleted file given enough time also some other useful things.

Depends where you really see V21 now are they seperate or are they the same as biscit now? (old) V21 directors reclaiming money through their (Old) equipment obviously they will be told where they will be sold as the creditors, maybe the (ex) directors will see good faith and demand the HD's are distroyed and have them replaced with clean ones no OS etc if necessary.

Hmmmm fast4 I think thats a chapter to come in the story.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
All i want to know is, is my contract now null and although we've been transfered to Breathe can i get a mac code without entering into a contract and having to pay termination fee's

and if not, why the hell not.

If you want a MAC code then they must supply it now unless your on a LLU provider and then recover any money later but if you are moving forcefully to a new ISP and the new company isnt able to give you the package you was contracted to then I dont see how you can be held in to a contract any longer.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
V21? Hmm. Well we know Steve Kaye is runnng fast 4 now, apperently hes the only one, tho i get the impresion there might be some other minions gone over too.

I wonder what the others are doing. And I wonder if they go back into the ISP market.

As for a MAC code, I cant see that if they get moved to breathe it will start a new contract, but things like this have been tried in the past.

dogcatcher

I don't think it works that way, Kits: the equipment confiscated by the bailiffs would normally be auctioned off and the proceeds of this going to the person who requested the courts intervene in the first place - .

Paul is right. The bailiffs will execute a warrant for distraint of goods to satisfy a judgment debt granted by the court. They take what they can find that belongs to the defendant and have it auctioned. They take their fee, if there is enough to cover the judgment and costs (usually there isn't) that goes to the plaintiff. The plaintiff can accompany the bailiffs to assist them but he doesn't get his hands on the goods.
Computers are seized on an almost daily basis by bailiffs to satisfy debts; they don't give a damn what's in them, the auctioneer doesn't and the purchaser probably can't be bothered and deletes the lot. If anyone wants to buy the computers then I suggest they contact the bailiffs and find out which auction the goods will be in.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
As you say it was more than one bill so as the termination was almost instant once Biscit took over the debt was infact yours.

Covers the period from December 2005 according to zdnet, who also made clear that Biscit was made aware of this particular debt. Perhaps it was a reason for v21 going ahead with the sale inspite of saying it "was not in the best interests of its shareholders, customers or indeed staff.":- http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEVAFVZuEAwdIiUocb

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39284979-1,00.htm
Biscit's chief executive, Hugh Paterson, told ZDNet UK on Monday that he had been contacted by NetServices during the period of "due diligence" that occurred as part of Biscit's acquisition of V21, to say that Biscit could expect a "burst bandwidth" invoice for more than £200k of unpaid charges. Paterson claims that he had agreed on the condition that it was a "proper invoice".

However, after the sale went through and Biscit received NetServices' invoice — which covered the period back to December 2005 — Paterson claims the ex-directors of V21 informed him that NetServices had not had the technology to measure "burst bandwidth" until July 2006, suggesting that the invoice had been an estimation. "Quite clearly you just reject [such an] invoice," Paterson said.

EDIT: this confirms Netservices were owed "significantly more" than the £20k invoice...

As well as describing "outstanding bills for tails and central pipe rentals" as amounting to "significantly more than this burst bandwidth invoice", NetServices claimed Biscit had not honoured an agreement to repay £50k per week and had been "unwilling or unable to provide any financial information to support an application for further credit".

Hmm, £200,000/9,500 customers was only about £21 a head, Pathogen probably could have sold them to another ISP for more and I'd bet many of the 9,500 customers would have paid £21 to get their mac and avoid being sleezed.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

If you want a MAC code then they must supply it now unless your on a LLU provider and then recover any money later but if you are moving forcefully to a new ISP and the new company isnt able to give you the package you was contracted to then I dont see how you can be held in to a contract any longer.

Tell me, how do i get a MAC code from a company that is under adminsitration, has no equipment in its head office, and no staff to give it to me ?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
let me know what the domain is for your ADSL log on and i will see if i can find out

As you might have but until someone who was there today ( you wasn't ) answers the questions there is no proof they was V21 computers and desks/chairs.

I was there today and now am an exbiscit employee, as soon as everything has gone through i'll post my side of the story in the coming days/weeks... stay tuned! Theres a few little personal things i am waiting for that i would not want to jeopardize so i'll only post once i have been sorted.

Paulplex

ISP Rep
I was there today and now am an exbiscit employee, as soon as everything has gone through i'll post my side of the story in the coming days/weeks... stay tuned! Theres a few little personal things i am waiting for that i would not want to jeopardize so i'll only post once i have been sorted.
...like getting redundancy pay? Biscit never did give me my full entitlement and gave it late -so I wish you luck...

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
exbiscemployee

I understand your position well, it will be interesting to hear what you guys have to say. As I said when I was there yesterday I think the staff did the best they could under the circumstances. To think that a small handfull of staff can do the same job as the 25 we had is completely beyond me. It's no wonder the phones couldn't get answered quick enough.

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
but Fast 4 has very likely stolen the customer details already (see the spam thread in Fast 4 part of this forum). They obviously took the data with them. Apperently, only Steve Kaye is part of Fast 4 from V21 lot, so if it was him I dont know.

FAST4, a company that was in existance and associated with V21 as a VISP before V21 sold out to Biscit. A company that was offering unrealistic unmetered dial up packages (which we as a VISP of V21 could not get from V21 )to attract as many customers as possible, a few months before V21 were sold.
Perhaps the database is already out there, perhaps the knowledge of this was the cause of a cancelled cheque.

By the way Steve Kayes brother,Jonathan Kaye aka Jonathan Leonard is also with Fast4.

Paulplex ,were do you work now ?

Paulplex

ISP Rep
I work for a small company, designing websites and maintaining databases. Kinda geeky I guess but its not an ISP and although I was offered a job at Fast4 as tech support, I'm enjoying doing something a little different than I was before.

I still speak with the ex-directors and employees quite a lot which is why I know whats going on and have an interest in it - however, I have no commitment or ties to Fast4, beyond as a customer on dialup a couple of months back...

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
...like getting redundancy pay? Biscit never did give me my full entitlement and gave it late -so I wish you luck...

I would speak to the administrator ASAP if you haven't done so already, as I recall money owed to employees takes priority even over the administrator's fees.

klasing

well.... they timed it perfectly for me... 2 weeks later and i'd have worked at v21 2 years meaning i'd get stat redundancy, but the terminated me just in the nick of time....

:mad:

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
:mad: Nothing new there i'm afraid, they seem to have been trying to get out of any payments where ever possible.

Like I said the other day, when I was there I have never seen so many court case, there were piles of them all over the place.

On another note What are you doing with yourself now anyway ?

klasing

im working for a company called touch, i was the first out of the cs crew to get back into work, will have been there 6 months at the end of this month :eek:

i have to organise and manage a team of remote engineers, not a bad job, pays the bills :laugh:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules