Sponsored

Biscit & Breathe!

BreatheCEO

Greetings all,

In response to the various rumours, I can confirm that my company has reached an agreement with the Administrator of Biscit Internet Limited for the continued provision of services to their customers.

The final proposed plan is subject to the approval of BT, but all involved are confident that it will be initiated on Monday morning.

At this stage, there are no plans to switch the customers off, and our expectation is that they will undergo a seamless migration to our network without having to change their username, password or realm details.

There have clearly been many interesting developments today, but our main concern - and that of Ofcom - is to ensure that there is no further disruption to Biscit customers!

I will post more when I am able to and we are establishing a migration line to take calls from Biscit customers who are worried about the migration.

Basic information is available from the following page which will be updated on a regular basis: http://www.breatheinternet.com/biscit

Yours,

M.

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Looking on your website you have slower connections for home users like 512K and 1MB most of biscit customers are on the 8MB adls max are you able to provide this?

MAC Codes

As Breathe still owe me money from a previous incarnation (I will get the princely sum of 70p for the £50 you owe me) you will understand that there is no way that I will use Breathe!

I have an outstanding request with Nathan Relevy for a Mac code going back to 5th March - how long will it take for you to provide the MAC code?

Also, why do you publish a contact number but have staff that have no knowledge of the deal?

BreatheCEO

Looking on your website you have slower connections for home users like 512K and 1MB most of biscit customers are on the 8MB adls max are you able to provide this?

Hi Kits.

Our team is attempting to map customers from the package that they are on currently to one with similar line speed and price point.

Biscit had over 350 active packages, so that process will take a while.

However, we offer a range of services and those customers currently on 8Mb products will be able to move a package at the same speed as part of this migration.

BreatheCEO

As Breathe still owe me money from a previous incarnation (I will get the princely sum of 70p for the £50 you owe me) you will understand that there is no way that I will use Breathe!

I have an outstanding request with Nathan Relevy for a Mac code going back to 5th March - how long will it take for you to provide the MAC code?

Also, why do you publish a contact number but have staff that have no knowledge of the deal?

Hello,

As soon as the migration is complete, we will be able to arrange for you to get your MAC code.

Our staff are not allowed to talk about the deal until we have signed and initiated a plan with the Administrator of Biscit Internet Limited - the final plan needs to be approved by BT.

Hope that helps!

BreatheCEO

They're offering upto 8mbps on their business package http://breatheinternet.com/business_broadband

£24.99 a month (I assume that is ex-vat and subject to a 12 month contract?)

Hello.

That is including VAT, but the packages made available to Biscit customers will be tailored to mirror as closely as possible the Biscit packages - that includes prices and contract terms.

We're aiming for minimal disruption from a technical and commercial perspective ;)

jertzy

so i'm an ex-v21 customer who thought he was a biscit but now finds he can't even breathe & definitely can't get a (big) MAC.... So when will my connection cease...anyone know?

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
so i'm an ex-v21 customer who thought he was a biscit but now finds he can't even breathe & definitely can't get a (big) MAC.... So when will my connection cease...anyone know?

contact breathe sometime next week and you might get a mac but they only come in one size so sorry it will not be a big one

BreatheCEO

You're connection will not cease - some time early next week you will have an opportunity to get MAC or to continue with a new contract. We'll even ask you if you want fries with it if it will make you happy :)

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
err.. compleately off-topic.. but just wondered how you would deliver a Big Mac and Fries :D and do l have to stick my credit card in the floppy drive to pay for them :D

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Hello.

That is including VAT, but the packages made available to Biscit customers will be tailored to mirror as closely as possible the Biscit packages - that includes prices and contract terms.

We're aiming for minimal disruption from a technical and commercial perspective ;)

You are buying a database of customers some who have been through hell with the previous supplier hope you are all ready for the mistrust and frustration that these people need to let out.

BreatheCEO

You are buying a database of customers some who have been through hell with the previous supplier hope you are all ready for the mistrust and frustration that these people need to let out.

Yes, Kits - we're are as prepared as we can be, but we're conscious that this will be a difficult time for all concerned.

Since entering the ISP-industry, I've been quite amazed at how often companies cease to trade without making preparations for the orderly transfer of their customers...

At least in this case the founder of Biscit has been working around the clock with us to do as much as he can, although I guess that's not much consolation for those who have experienced disruption in the past.

Overall, I think that our industry has to get a lot better at customer service and customer care, but now that things like ASDLMax and MAC code procedures have settled down (!) I expect things to be a lot more peaceful for ISP customers in the future.

If the Biscit in-box that we have set-up is anything to go by, most customers are just concerned about losing their connection and I'm pretty confident that we'll start building a relationship with them by keeping them online!

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Thank you for the reply i know its late ( :D well early morning ) and most sane people are in bed. I have to complement you so far on your replies you have given the posts a lot of thought and replied in what i have to say is a very honest way. I do have some reservations still partly due to the sudden change over a week of the situation and Bicits constant denial that there was no problems.

Lets juist take a look at whats on offer with your company I notice the tech support is a 60p a min 0901 number is this outsorced to India or UK based?
Do you have a FUP policy and what are the limits?
What is the length of contract these people are going to sign upto?
Is there a charge to leave your ISP if they are not happy?

It is good to see a CEO on the forums and actively replying to posts at such an hour, from people who are soon to be a customer and others who will perhaps never be a customer.

You say you have bought the customer base but not the company thinking on how the V21 customers seem to have brought down Biscit have you enough staff in place to cover the extra workload this will bring to your company or will these people see longer queues on the phones and days or weeks to get an email answered?
And then I think we should all get some sleep ;)

jack8

Pro Member
Well thank you for posting. I hope the change over will be good I for one loved biscit and hope you can previde the same of high class service they did for the last 3 years.

Hello my name is jack by the way

john67

Hi
Like you Jack I was quiet happy with biscit and apart from the occasional disruption it was fine. I just hope that Breathe can offer a similar or better service

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
Visp

Marcus
We are pleased that you are working hard with Nathan to maintain a seamless transition for our customers.

But I or should I we , the Visp's of V21 then Biscit ( I hope the others don't mind being included in this post) have a question for you.

Whilst most of us appreciate that any unpaid commision, of which Naims are not badly affected,will be the responsibilty of Biscit or the administrators.
Will you honour our claim to the customers we worked hard to bring to V21 and Biscit,worked as hard as we were able, to keep these customers happy over the last few months and therefore pay VISPs commision for these customers in the future or will you just say, Breathe have bought these customers from Biscit and they are now ours ? and destroy several companies
in the process.

We ask this question as for VISP's to find out who is taking over your customers connections,(we have checked all the mail this morning) via a forum instead of direct communication is not a good start.

Also

For those of a nervous disposition , who is your wholesaler ? BT wholesale, Thus, Eurisp etc etc, We have all learnt that this is as important to confidence of any VISP's as it is the public.

One other thing ..
Who should the public contact for technical support now that Biscit tech department seem to have all gone home ? We have a few outstanding tech support issues.

We look forward to a positive response

Regards

Naims.co.uk

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules