Sponsored

Biscit & Breathe!

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I kow you all have been through a lot but after reading what was on Breathe website which has since been removed I am not sure if its going to end easy for most. Mel pasted it on the forums before it was removed

All I can say is think carefully before you decide check everything and read the small print, anything you don't understand post it and lets discuss it or maybe teh Breathe CEO will explain it better once its posted.

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
I have no connection either and the same BT message.

When the bloody hell will this big mess ever end, this has been mobths of never ending hassle and I have had as much as I can take...

On bloody dial up again, second time my service has been cut off in 6 months.

http://194.74.65.98/info.html

We are wondering if B.T. have done their part but Breathe haven't got
their servers loaded with the usernames and password ?

This looks like the first big test ,even with all the effort Marcus has put in this weekend, the longer people are with out broadband the more likely they are to migrate away when they get the chance. We certainly have some very unhappy customers. Lets hope it's back before the morning or our business connections will looking to leave asap.

Naims.co.uk

ziggycat

Pro Member
When I log into BT and check my orders HERE, there is a new (and strange) line there that was not there last week & has no order number:

Order ref --- Placed --- Description --- We can do this on: --- We agreed to deliver by:
--------- No date yet ------------------ No date yet ------------ No date yet ------------- View detail

when you click view detail you just get:

We weren't able to retrieve your order information. This could be a temporary system issue, please try again later.

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
When you get any form of bulk migration ( in this case a realm migration) then BT can take anything up to a couple of weeks to fully show this correctly. I wouldn't read anything into what the BT checker shows for a few more days at least.
The only thing you can go by is the state of your line / connection.

If you try to connect using : bt_test_user@startup_domain and you get issued an IP address this means the ADSL circuit itself is working fine.
Then if you try bt_test_user@v21.co.uk ( or whichever realm you normally connect on) this then proves both the circuit and the realm.

If you connect on both then it means the migration has probably completed and you are just waiting for Breathe to finish the work at their end.

All I would say is just to bear in mind this is a large job to complete in such a short time.

ziggycat

Pro Member
Quick question if anyone knows.

will this migration to Breathe have any effect the the mac code Biscit issued me with, will it still be vaild?

BreatheCEO

BT Update!

Hello everyone,

Nathan Relevy has just told me that he is working with BT to resolve the current network issues which are due to cluster fault.

He assures me that customers have not been switched-off and that he will keep me posted.

I will let you know when I hear more!

h4nym

Casual Member
Marcus

I just tried to sign up for your Bronze service. Went all the way through, and then worried that the system got to the end of the process before asking me anything about me being an ex-V21 customer.

Phoned up your customer service who had absolutely no idea what I was wittering on about. No idea whatsoever - didn't say anything beyond "don't worry - as soon as we get the customer databases over, we'll get everything sorted"
"How will your system make the correlation between this order and me being an ex-Biscit customer?"
"Don't worry - as soon as we get the customer databases over, we'll get everything sorted"
"OK - I'll ask you again - How will your system make the correlation between this order and me being an ex-Biscit customer?"
"Don't worry - as soon as we get the customer databases over, we'll get everything sorted"
"Look - I'm not worried about anything - I just want to know how will your system make the correlation between this order and me being an ex-Biscit customer - I don't want this going through as a new order and BT treating it as a cease and re-provide"

Unimpressive customer service! Is this what I can look forward to?

H

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
Problem solved ?

We are informed that the connection problem has been solved?
Nothing to do with the migration to Breathe
We have received confirmation from one customer that the connection
is back up.

We apologise for assuming the worst

Naims.co.uk

BreatheCEO

Please read the information!

Marcus

I just tried to sign up for your Bronze service. Went all the way through, and then worried that the system got to the end of the process before asking me anything about me being an ex-V21 customer. <snip>

Dear h4nym,

It does say on the site that a migration is going to take place soon and that we will be publishing information for customers:

1. You cannot sign-up for a Breathe package yet because you are still on Biscit's network - we need to migrate customers before we can service you.

2. We haven't released details of the offers for Biscit/V21 customers yet, but will do that as soon as the migration is under way.

I understand it's a stressful time for you, but you will save yourself further disruption if you follow our directions and the information that we are making available for you!

Thanks,

BreatheCEO

BT Update 2!

Can anyone confirm this please

Naims.co.uk

Hi,

Nathan just sent me a text telling me that the issue is resolved so I would be interested to see if your customers are reconnecting now.

Ironically, there is no way for my team to check was we don't have access to your customer data or network status... yet!

Ciao,

ziggycat

Pro Member
Hi,

Nathan just sent me a text telling me that the issue is resolved so I would be interested to see if your customers are reconnecting now.

Ironically, there is no way for my team to check was we don't have access to your customer data or network status... yet!

Ciao,

Hi,

I'm up and working again, thanks.

BreatheCEO

It never rains...

We have received confirmation from one customer that the connection
is back up.

We apologise for assuming the worst

Naims.co.uk

Yes, it was very bad timing!

Once we have more information about the migration we will let everyone know the details.

Cynic

Casual Member
I believe that it is a legal requirement, that ISP's are members of either OTELO ( Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman )
or CISAS ( Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme ).
This is to help resolve disputes, where necessary.
I can find no indication, that Breathe are members of OTELO CISAS or ISPA ( The Internet Services Providers Association (ISPA UK) )

Any comments ?

Last edited:

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I believe that it is a legal requirement, that ISP's are members of either OTELO ( Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman )
or CISAS ( Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme ).
This is to help resolve disputes, where necessary.
I can find no indication, that Breathe are members of OTELO CISAS or ISPA ( The Internet Services Providers Association (ISPA UK) )

Any comments ?

I hadn't looked for that but yes I couldn't find where this is mentioned also did anyone find an address incase they had to post a letter to cease a line or request a MAC.

Cynic

Casual Member
How about these ??
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.breathe.net
(212.227.131.61) 212.227.128.0 - 212.227.143.255
Schlund + Partner AG NCC#1999110113

Schlund NCC Schlund + Partner AG Brauerstrasse 48
D-76135 Karlsruhe Germany
+49 721 91374 50 +49 721 91374 20 abuse@schlund.com
------------------------------------------------------------
www.breathe.com
(213.235.22.231) 213.235.22.0 - 213.235.22.255 NetAccess

Viatel International Network Operations Centre
Viatel
Inbucon House
Wick Road
Egham
TW20 0HR
Great Britain
+44 1784 494100

Paul Hesketh
NetAcquisitions
Wolf House
Ashley Road
Hale
Cheshire, UK
WA15 9NQ
+44-161-929-8776
+44-777-898-2829
OTELO list --- http://www.otelo.org.uk/content.php?pageID=90&PHPSESSID=c5d7f63566735f0790b127427bab5824#B
-----------------------------------------------------------
ISPA list ---- http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/member_list.cgi

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
I knew there was a connection to them still have teh companies house information from the Gio customer base buyout. The website has to have an address visible on the website which I haven't found I kow it slate and i will have a sleep and recheck tomorrow. :) maybe it will be there then.

BreatheCEO

Signing off for a while!

Greetings all,

Tomorrow I will be back in the real world of meetings and office discussions, much of which will revolve around making sure that this migration starts and moves smoothly. As such, I probably won't have a chance to post here tomorrow during the day.

Please email questions to our biscit@breathe.net mail ID instead of posting them here so that our team can respond to them as quickly as possible.

Before going, I just wanted to confirm the price points that there will be for Biscit broadband customers, because I've seen a lot of incorrect information in other threads - and a little knowledge is a dangerous thing! :)

Proposed Pricing Structure for Biscit/V21 customers migrating to Breathe

Biscit: Up to 2Mbps. No set-up fee. £16.49 per month. 12 month contract.

Bronze: Up to 8Mbps. £69.99 set-up fee. £9.99 per month. NO CONTRACT.
Silver: Up to 8Mbps. No set-up fee. £17.99 per month. 12 month contract.
Gold: Up to 8Mbps - 20:1 contention. No set-up fee. £29.99 per month. 12 month contract.
Platinum: There will be a further package that includes FREE calls - details to follow soon!

For the avoidance of doubt, because I know that the people on this forum are a very cynical and suspicious lot:

a. Mbps means Megabits per second which is a measure of data transfer speed - some other posts I have seen seem to be confusing their MB with their Mb. MB (or Megabyte) is a measure of data volume or capacity, not transfer speed :)

b. 8Mbps speed is subject to various factors including local availability, distance from exchange and a line test - if your line won't support up to 8Mb, we'll offer the best speed available on your area and telephone line.

c. There are no download limits or restrictions on our packages we find that customer usage balances out across our network.

d. Biscit/V21 customers cannot sign-up to these packages until the migration is done because Biscit and BT still have control of your line. You will be able to choose a package once your line has been migrated.

e. All prices are inclusive of (i.e. they include) Value Added Tax (VAT).

f. Breathe is a member of ISPA, IWF and several other industry bodies.

I hope that this is enough information to stop unfounded rumours.

Now I would encourage people to visit http://www.breathe.com/biscit for the latest updates on how the migration is proceeding, or to email us with specific questions about your account / connection.

Bye for now,

Last edited:

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Before going, I just wanted to confirm the price points that there will be for Biscit broadband customers, because I've seen a lot of incorrect information in other threads - and a little knowledge is a dangerous thing! :)

Proposed Pricing Structure for Biscit/V21 customers migrating to Breathe

Biscit: Up to 2Mbps. No set-up fee. £16.49 per month. 12 month contract.

Bronze: Up to 8Mbps. £69.99 set-up fee. £9.99 per month. NO CONTRACT.
Silver: Up to 8Mbps. No set-up fee. £17.99 per month. 12 month contract.
Gold: Up to 8Mbps - 20:1 contention. No set-up fee. £29.99 per month. 12 month contract.
Platinum: There will be a further package that includes FREE calls - details to follow soon!

Incorrect the prices Mel posted are>>>>>
But as already mentioned if you check the site theyve revised the packages - I'd guess the site was originally put up in a rush http://breatheinternet.com/broadband

8mbps from 9.99 with a £69.99 set-up fee

& 17.99 & 29.99 with a 12 month contract but no migration fee.

If I was a biscit/v21 ADSL customer (which quite frankly never would have happened as I've read v21/Biscit's T&C's) I think I'd take the free mac.
posted here

Edited to ask Just what name have you registered with the ISPA as in this list from the link posted by cynic there is no mention of Breathe.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules