Sponsored

Biscit & Breathe!

Cynic

Casual Member
As others have said, Marcus deserves credit for appearing here. I appreciate that.
I see now, that Breathe is not mentioned on the ISPA members list, but Net Access is.
Clicking on the link www.netaccessgroup.com leads to the www.breathe.net site.
Membership of ISPA should enable recourse to CISAS (if required).
Is this correct ?

Last edited:

boxman

Casual Member
Kits

Maybe you could also dig out your Vital-Data file, who were and maybe still are connected to Breathe.
A few years back there was no end of problems wtih these two.
Going bust and reforming every other week.
Breathe did at one time offer "Free internet connection for LIFE" for a one off £50 fee.
Needless to say they went bust but soon sprung back to life under another disguise.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
As others have said, Marcus deserves credit for appearing here. I appreciate that.
I see now, that Breathe is not mentioned on the ISPA members list, but Net Access is.
Clicking on the link www.netaccessgroup.com leads to the www.breathe.net site.
Membership of ISPA should enable recourse to CISAS (if required).
Is this correct ?

Membership of ISPA entitles the member to free CISAS membership although I guess theres nothing to stop a member not taking it up and joining Otelo instead, but I think we can safely assume they're a CISAS member :)

Skip_intro

My connection went down sometime on Sunday night / Monday morning as was not up as at 08:00 Monday. According to the e-mail I have from Breathe, this is just coincidental: "Biscit/BT assure us that the current issues are due to network problems." If Biscit have neither staff nor kit, who's monitoring the network for these problems and who's going to resolve them?

I also have a MAC request with Breathe, placed on Friday and have an assurance from Marcus via e-mail that:

"At this moment in mind (sic), BT and Ofcom are working with us to migrate the realms to our network.

When that happens, you can choose to accept the offers that we will put to
you and continue using your Broadband without further disruption, or you can
get a MAC within the five-day period required by Ofcom."

The offers are outlined already on the Breathe page http://www.breatheinternet.com/biscit i.e.

* Biscit: Up to 2Mbps. No set-up fee. £16.49 per month. 12 month contract.
* Bronze: Up to 8Mbps. £69.99 set-up fee. £9.99 per month. NO CONTRACT.
* Silver: Up to 8Mbps. No set-up fee. £17.99 per month. 12 month contract.
* Gold: Up to 8Mbps - 20:1 contention. No set-up fee. £29.99 per month. 12 month contract.
* Platinum: There will be a further package that includes FREE calls - details to follow soon!

I don't want any of them and don't want to be placed as a Breathe customer and attract a possible termination fee. Any ETA on the handover start date so I can start the 5 day clock ticking?

curtis

Top Member
Hi skip_intro

Like you my service went down last night they changed servers which added to the problem. I was in the middle of a transaction with parcel force and it just went I had a B.T. Wholesale window up for over 15 minutes + before it came back on and the speed drop from 1.9mbps to 600kbps. I have request a MAC from them as I am not prepared to fork out yet £70 in charges for migration. I think it is about time that ofcom enforced rules on these providers who are breaking them full stop:eek:

jonnylew

Just wondering what the hell all this is about on the Breathe website ...

T&C's

9.1.1 Your Internet connection will be automatically disconnected if no activity is monitored on your connection for 10 minutes and after 2 hours of continuous connection regardless of activity. If you use software of other methods to counteract cut-off measures we reserve the right to terminate your subscription.

9.1.2 This product is designed to allow access to the Internet for up to 150 hours per month. If you exceed this amount we may suspend or terminate your account without notice or liability.

Am I reading this right??? If I go with Breathe, my internet connection will be disconnected every 2 hours regardless of what I'm up to? If that's true it's a right pile of crap!

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Hi Jonneylew

I think you will find there is only one Terms and Conditions on Breathe and it looks to me like it was written for Dial-up and never adapted for ADSL. Suppose if you agree to it then they can do it. You need to get it confirmed by Breathe as to what your Terms and Conditions will be and read them carefully print them off and keep a copy incase you need to recheck anything.

ziggycat

Pro Member
Just wondering what the hell all this is about on the Breathe website ...

T&C's

9.1.1 Your Internet connection will be automatically disconnected if no activity is monitored on your connection for 10 minutes and after 2 hours of continuous connection regardless of activity. If you use software of other methods to counteract cut-off measures we reserve the right to terminate your subscription.

9.1.2 This product is designed to allow access to the Internet for up to 150 hours per month. If you exceed this amount we may suspend or terminate your account without notice or liability.

Am I reading this right??? If I go with Breathe, my internet connection will be disconnected every 2 hours regardless of what I'm up to? If that's true it's a right pile of crap!

I think you will find thats for dial up customers its quite normal to have the 10 min / 2hr rule with Dial up V21 had it when I was on dial up with them (at one time it was 1 hr).

I used to have my email set to check for new messages every 9 mins to solve that one. :rolleyes:

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Ahhh, Ok. Thank gawd for that!

Note to self... read ALL the T&C's, not just part of them!

Something people often forget to do and then endup struggling to sort out issues. Its a must to read the small print for anything not just the internet.

LightningMk6

Casual Member
My connection went down sometime on Sunday night / Monday morning as was not up as at 08:00 Monday. According to the e-mail I have from Breathe, this is just coincidental: "Biscit/BT assure us that the current issues are due to network problems." If Biscit have neither staff nor kit, who's monitoring the network for these problems and who's going to resolve them?

I also have a MAC request with Breathe, placed on Friday and have an assurance from Marcus via e-mail that:

"At this moment in mind (sic), BT and Ofcom are working with us to migrate the realms to our network.

When that happens, you can choose to accept the offers that we will put to
you and continue using your Broadband without further disruption, or you can
get a MAC within the five-day period required by Ofcom."

The offers are outlined already on the Breathe page http://www.breatheinternet.com/biscit i.e.

* Biscit: Up to 2Mbps. No set-up fee. £16.49 per month. 12 month contract.
* Bronze: Up to 8Mbps. £69.99 set-up fee. £9.99 per month. NO CONTRACT.
* Silver: Up to 8Mbps. No set-up fee. £17.99 per month. 12 month contract.
* Gold: Up to 8Mbps - 20:1 contention. No set-up fee. £29.99 per month. 12 month contract.
* Platinum: There will be a further package that includes FREE calls - details to follow soon!

I don't want any of them and don't want to be placed as a Breathe customer and attract a possible termination fee. Any ETA on the handover start date so I can start the 5 day clock ticking?

I agree with your comments, and would like to know if there are going to be any termination/cancellation charges. and if so how much.

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
Naims email down

It seems that the situation has lead to the Naims email and we suspect V21 email being down. We have spoken to Nathan at Biscit who confirmed Breathe are now in control of the email servers. We haven't heard from Breathe and certainly haven't received any warning that this might happen so soon. If Marcus could confirm when the email will be up again , we would appreciate it.

Any one wishing to contact us please use the form on our website
http://www.naims.net

Naims.co.uk

Last edited:

bobfat

Hello, BreatheCEO

I also had the http://194.74.65.98\info.html error since yesterday afternoon, since I rebooted my router. It was out all night, and I tried this morning at 8:30 and it was still down.

I have had to come to work today to find this thread and the news biscit are dead.

Has the BT wholesale problem now been resolved?

Many Thanks
bob

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Hi skip_intro

I have request a MAC from them as I am not prepared to fork out yet £70 in charges for migration.

You what?

Does it cost £70 to migrate from breathe?

At the very least, it should be a free cease, as you are out of contract, seeing as the ISP went bust.

Unless breathe has actually bought the contracts of customers?

And Im right in thinking they cannot force people onto new ones without giving them a free option to cancel?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
You what?

Does it cost £70 to migrate from breathe?

No, they have stated they will provide MACs for people who are not interested in their packages for free as of course (thanks to the new Migration regulations) all ISPs other than fully unbundled (FMPF) services are required to.

The £70 (well £69.99) fee is for ex-biscit/v21 customers who take up the Breathe £9.99 per month no contract package.

Other packages with no 'set-up' fee are also on offer at higher prices and with a 12 month contract.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules