Sponsored

Biscit/Eurisp/Breathe

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
This is to try and get the information in one thread please do not reply unless you are one of our members affected with the present problem.

If you are a customer who requested a MAC code from Breathe and have either lost connection since, found out BT have a cease on your line you didn't request or still waiting for a MAC with internet or without.

Please reply stating the date you requested the MAC if you had a reply email, the date you recieved your MAC. I am also intersted in those who have used the MACs then hit problems accessing their new ISP?

You all need to monitor your line using the checker posted by Mel
If your phone is back with BT you may be able to track the order on BT's site:- http://pathogenrush.blogspot.com/200...rades-and.html
This is to help me get to the right people to get some help.

kai_soze

i have requested a MAC code from Breathe and have lost connection since

request Mac on 22nd March and recieved an auto reply from Breathe on
Sent : 23 March 2007 09:25:58

No sign on a Mac Code as of yet, and internet is still down (thankgod for uni internet that i am able to use during the day to check things like this)

Robg

Casual Member
Hello

I requested a MAC code from Breathe on 24/03/07.
Received an auto reply from macrequest@breathe.net on Monday 26/03/07.
No messages since, BB was ok this morning.
Point of interest - their message states "We have requested your MAC and will confirm details to your email account" - Now where does the OFCOM
'5 day rule' fit in. Is it from when I request the MAC code (obviously not counting the weekend) or from when they request it, if they are the people 'requesting' it, do they have to complain to OFCOM. Is there a legal problem if a third party is involved?. Who are they requesting it from and why can't we approach them direct?
Rob

videoteach

BREATH MAC codes

I applied for my MAC on Mar 21, received it on the 23 and used it to go for BT connection on the same day. Lost maxsurf connectivity on the 26 and BT cancelled my order on the 27th due to an INVALID MAC. :mad:

If this is the sort of company Breathe is I was right in my choice to leave rather than migrate.

ptanser

Requested Macs on the 22nd recieved both macs on the 23

signed up with new ISP

1 mac they have told me there is a cease on my line so they cannot migrate me and will charge me an activation charge (can I claim back from breath and also compensation for downtime whislt line is reactivated ??????)

2nd code was taol I would migrate on the 29th however Breathe has cut me off today (28)

sssikuk

Hi Kits

I requested my MAC on 23 March.
I recieved it on 26 March.
I had no Internet access from 26 March up to this morning
I placed an order to migrate to a new ISP yesterday evening.

BT website order details states as of today:
Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
CEASE (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 500 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
( it states this oder was placed on & completed 18th Feb 2007?. I've also never had or ordered BT Home 500?)

Prodigy website states as of today:
Line status
This line has ADSL fully installed on it. There are no open orders currently on this line.

My chosen ISP ADSL order progress states: On Hold.

Does this mean I have a Cease on my line and cannot migrate?

Your link above never worked?
I used the one that Mel had posted earlier:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=23666&page=2

Thanks again for your's and everyone elses support.

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sorry I copied and pasted Mels links.

The cease is worrying if it says ADSL on hold contact your chosen ISP and ask if all is going through alright see if they have had an reply from BT.

sssikuk

Sorry I copied and pasted Mels links.

The cease is worrying if it says ADSL on hold contact your chosen ISP and ask if all is going through alright see if they have had an reply from BT.
Contacted my chosen ISP and they told me I was up and running with them already!

Input my new username and p-word into the modem...rebooted and I'm another new Fast 4 customer!
Very quick service and customer response.

Thankyou to all.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sorry trying to split out the posts that were off topic and not what I asked to be posted in this thread I lost them.
Can we please not chat in this thread post in another thread with a copy and paste of the post you are replying to and a link to it.

I want to keep this to thread to those who requested MAC codes and whats happened since with their connection. Trying to get some help for them and need this thread to be just info.

Again sorry about the lost posts :crap:

max69

Casual Member
Max code

Hi,
Requested my Mac code last friday and still have not received anything. Waiting to switch to UKFSN. I think I will try to call them tonight. I received the automated reply last friday.

jertzy

Requested MAC from breathe 22 March
Received MAC from breathe 23 March
Requested migration to Sky 23 March
received written confirmation of order/email addy etc today
nothing on the BT monitor tracker thingy as yet ETA is 15 days after order

lost connection 25 Mar til 28 Mar (ish)

max69

Casual Member
Requested Mac 0n 23 March
Received it on the 29 March 9:30pm
Requested migration to UKFSN on the 29 March
Still connected with Breathe

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
MAC requested on Saturday 24th at 1.35pm
Confirmation mail received on Monday 26th at 2:24pm

Nothing since

Connection was still up last time I tried on Friday at around 2pm. I'm away for the weekend but I don't hold out much hope of it still being there when I get back home...... :(

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It was only gurenteed until the 1st april if you are not back until the 1st then it should be down.

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
Well, my connection is still up, so thanks to Breathe for that; but really, all I want is my MAC so that I can stop wasting endless hours on this topic and get on with the more important things in life :eek:

Maybe tomorrow..... In the meantime. I just wanted to say thanks to you Kits for all your hard work and support over the past few weeks. Maybe you could get OFCOMedy to give you a highly-paid job :laugh: they could uses someone with a bit of intelligence and enthusiasm for the job :cool:

I expect I'll be cut off tomorrow, so this is farewell................................. :-(

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
MAC requested on Saturday 24th at 1.35pm
Confirmation mail received on Monday 26th at 2:24pm

Nothing since

Connection was still up last time I tried on Friday at around 2pm. I'm away for the weekend but I don't hold out much hope of it still being there when I get back home......
You should have had your MAC by now within 5 working days someone has slipped up somewhere.
They replied to your request monday so Friday was your deadline. Feel free to go to OFCOM now requesting that you have your MAC give tehm the dates requested and date of their email back to you.

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah:D :laugh: :D

Sent them an e-mail chaser last night and got my MAC this morning.

Thank you Breathe ;)

Robg

Casual Member
Hello
As I posted on 28/03/07, requested a MAC code from Breathe on 24/03/07.
Received an auto reply from macrequest@breathe.net on Monday 26/03/07.
Received MAC code on 01/04/07

Point of interest - I then decided to join up with Breathe, half tempted by their statement that Ex Maxsurf customers would just have to register and that the connection would be maintained. This isn't so, they will set up the line after approx. 14days and the router needs to be re-configured. This is bad news for me because (a) they state their continued provision of a free connection will end in 7 days time (10April) and (b) I'm a bit thick about how to configure my router (they suggest I get my router supplier to set it up)

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
If you post on here your make and model of the router I am sure someone like man of means will help you.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2513)
  2. FTTP (2208)
  3. FTTC (1660)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1429)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1240)
  8. Statistics (1100)
  9. FTTH (1077)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1040)
  11. Fibre Optic (970)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (910)
  14. 4G (901)
  15. Virgin Media (859)
  16. Sky Broadband (596)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (581)
  19. Vodafone (520)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules