Sponsored

Biscit: Good guys never win

jubbo11

I hate to say it but i miss Biscit.

I was so impressed when i first joined. I was with AOL on dial up years ago and decided to stick with them when they launched broadband. Biggest mistake of my life. Biscit were there to rescue me. They helped me get my line cleared quickly and got me up and running. The rare occasions i had problems i'd call them up on the 24/7 0870 number and get the problem sorted. It felt like they were actually trying to give me good customer service.

The problem for me started just before xmas when i moved house. I decided to try my old mates Biscit. I called and called and called and called. Eventually someone took my order and then i waited. And i waited. After three weeks of calling and leaving messages i gave up and called BT to hook up my phone. BT couldn't sort my phone as Biscit were already doing things, trouble was i couldn't get through to anyone to find out what. Eventually i discovered that the only person i could get to was a guy in tech support that logs calls. So i called him 10 times a day until the head of provisioning called me back. Needless to say eventually things got sorted and i was online. A couple of invoice issues as the head of provisioning offered me free connection and a free month rental just before he quit. However my old mate in tech support gave me the name of another chap to speak to and he corrected my account. Everything seemed to be going great. A month ago my man in tech support gave me a call to warn me that ship was beginning to sink.

I fired an e-mail to one of the managers and got the following reply

Hi xxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxxxx did leave the company, yes. Also a few temporary staff who were taken on to help us cope with the V21 takeover finished their contracts and left.
Unfortunately the actions taken by NetServices when we bought V21 lost us many customers and so the staffing had to be reduced accordingly.

It is not true however that BISCit is in trouble - or closing down - we are simply taking the measures needed to run the business successfully.

Kind regards,

xxx xxxxxx

A few weeks past and again, out of the goodness of his heart the lad in Tech support gave me a call to say things really are on the slide and i should get a MAC code while i can. Which is what i did.

Why write this long story? Biscit was full of good intention and i believe they had a great selling point (when they started). SERVICE. They noticed that to the average person broadband is broadband, us consumers just want it hassle free. We want to call up and speak to a person maybe even the same person we spoke to the day before so we don't have to re tell the whole story.

The problem was...greed, the need to expand in a way that goes against what made the company great in the first place. But despite all the problems the people on the front line tried their best to satisfy the customers on the sinking ship.

So to all you ex Biscit employees, i wish you good luck with your futures

J

jack8

Pro Member
Yes I wish all the staff the best as well. I never had a problem in my time at biscit. But I know a lot of people are still trying to get away and I think everyone would simply like to be able to have a clean start.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules