Sponsored

Biscit looses director

timetogo

After everyone’s concerns about Biscit and their abilities to even honour a simple cheque, I have done a search at Companies House. I found a couple of interesting things.

It seems that there are 3 separate Biscit companies:

Biscit CSP (old v21)
Biscit Internet
Biscit PLC

And more interestingly; It seems that as of yesterday my pal Hugh has resigned (or maybe fell, after being pushed:laugh: ) as director of all 3 of these companies.

So what is happening?

Are they finally going to stand up and take responsibility for the complete debacle that has happened?

Does this spell the beginning of the end for Biscit?

Will they be reduced to crumbs or is it just Hugh in for a dunking!

I welcome your thoughts …….

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Er - but Hughie was such a nice fellow to me: what could happen to V21 customers now?

...Well, thats before I was 'constructively' pushed out of a job when V21 was taken over...

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
I wonder if his replacement will feature on Mondays You and Yours whoever that is.

Lets hope that thinks will only get better.

timetogo

I do hope so

but in fairness whoever replaces him can't really do a worse job.

MrJ

Pro Member
Funny, I spoke to Hugh yesterday morning - maybe he has just stepped down from being a director

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
If you're interested in Biscit's status, you can get a free credit report from Graydon
http://www.graydon.co.uk/UKPublic/UKPublicHTMLPages/index.html

The link below shows a change on the 30-01-2007 - although it could just be an address. They've also just acquired a CCJ - 6/2/2007 would presumably be too recent for CT's?

https://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/viewCompanyDetails.do?companyId=04309413&full=1

Biscit internet

Recent Changes:
06/02/2007 CCJ event

30-01-2007 Notice of change of directors or secretaries or in their particulars.

Biscit CSP

30-01-2007 Notice of change of directors or secretaries or in their particulars.
21-12-2006 Auditor’s letter of resignation.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Mmmm. Its easier to resign than stay in when its all going bad, and possibly facing court action...

timetogo

Looking at the information from Companies House Now Hugh has gone, Biscit CSP only has one director and no company secretary.

Is this legal. I thought a company had to have at least 2 directors and a secretary

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
But Hugh remains the CEO even though he's no longer a director

Why did he get rid of his shares?

Jumping ship before it's too late??????

JeffShepherd

Pro Member
The question is, how can you not be a director but still be the CEO? Directors don't have to have shares in the company. I reckon he is just working his notice period.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Looking at the information from Companies House Now Hugh has gone, Biscit CSP only has one director and no company secretary.

Is this legal. I thought a company had to have at least 2 directors and a secretary

They can have one director but the sole director cannot be the secretary aswell

timetogo

Thanks Kits

Yeah you're right they need one Director and one Secretary

Anyway doesn't anyone find it strange that there's no news from Biscit about this. I mean if it's been noticed then surely they should have some sort of statement on the matter?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Thanks Kits

Yeah you're right they need one Director and one Secretary

Anyway doesn't anyone find it strange that there's no news from Biscit about this. I mean if it's been noticed then surely they should have some sort of statement on the matter?
Seems biscit has been very quiet for a while

tracker

ULTIMATE Member
Whatever the legalities of HP resigning (or being required to so do) ...who cares? Being a Director often means you have a contractual 'GOLDEN PARACHUTE' standing by in case you get 'turfed out' so he'll be sitting pretty now.and I for one really don't give two hoots whether he jumped or was pushed. Biscit being Biscit have (AFAIK) neither confirmed nor denied these 'bombshells' regarding HP's alleged demise, all it seems we have to go on, is the result of a search on the Companies House website...(and 'hearsay' on another forum from a disgruntled and now ex-employee)

What I am more concerned about is whether Biscit (et-al) is going to be around for much longer and if indeed they are going under...what impact their demise will have on those customers who (rightly or wrongly) chose to stick by them during all the fuss of late. Hugh Paterson can go boil his head
:)

thecaretaker

Top Member
You are right, things don't add up. When ispreview ran the story about the bouncing cheque, Biscit instantly replied using ZD Net to issue a news statement. They also published the story about the director leaving and nothing - not a peep.

I also wonder (and this is pure speculation on my part) if there is any connection between the Director & auditor leaving and the fact that their HSBC bank account was cleared. YES, cleared, not closed. If it had been closed, the HSBC would not have put 'please represent' on the back of the cheque 7 times.

There is more to this than meets the eye and Biscit are being exceptional silent in this matter.

I could hazard a guess where the auditor and Mr HP are right at this moment in time and with what :), but I'd better not put it in so many words. Time will tell, it will all come out in the wash!!! Mark my words!!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Onestream £19.99 (*27.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*36.52)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • NOW TV £22.00 (*40.00)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (2899)
  2. BT (2824)
  3. FTTC (1811)
  4. Building Digital UK (1771)
  5. Politics (1709)
  6. Openreach (1665)
  7. Business (1490)
  8. FTTH (1343)
  9. Mobile Broadband (1280)
  10. Statistics (1272)
  11. 4G (1104)
  12. Fibre Optic (1085)
  13. Wireless Internet (1047)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1042)
  15. Virgin Media (1034)
  16. EE (729)
  17. Vodafone (707)
  18. TalkTalk (690)
  19. Sky Broadband (685)
  20. 5G (569)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules