Sponsored

Biscit Update!

BreatheCEO

Hello everyone,

Here is an update on the latest discussions regarding Biscit/V21.

1. BT has not yet agreed to start the migration of Biscit/V21's customers to our network, and so there are ongoing discussions that will run into tomorrow.

2. Because of this, we cannot take over the provision of services yet.

3. We have made BT and Biscit management aware of a number of network issues related to connectivity / mail services, and they are 'dealing' with them.

4. Unfortunately, as we still do not have direct control of the customers or services, we cannot take any action and must wait to be updated by BT and Biscit on those.

As soon as I learn more, I will post the information here and on our website.

Thank you.

ellison

Hello....
Any reason why you couldn't have informed Naims of this earlier? ,or are you suggesting that the current mail problem is Biscits responsibility and not Breathes.After all, as a Naims customer, its where I (and im sure many others who don't know about this forum) would go to check system status ,in the event of any network problems ,such as the continuing mail failure.
Thanks in advance
ellison

Paulplex

ISP Rep
Hello....
Any reason why you couldn't have informed Naims of this earlier? ,or are you suggesting that the current mail problem is Biscits responsibility and not Breathes.After all, as a Naims customer, its where I (and im sure many others who don't know about this forum) would go to check system status ,in the event of any network problems ,such as the continuing mail failure.
Thanks in advance
ellison
In fairness to Breathe, if the network infrastructure is still in the care of Biscit and not yet transferred to themselves, there won't be a lot Breathe can do for connections until the transfer takes place - so any issues may not be problems that they can resolve.

Its fair to say this sort of update would be better placed on the Biscit / V21 website as well as this forum, but considering how few a number of days ago it was that Breathe announced they were taking over Biscit's customers, its likely that Breathe don't have full access or knowledge of Biscits existing reporting systems to customers.

Any reason why you couldn't have informed Naims of this earlier?

NAIMS - like Flexisurf, Caultex and a number of others - is a VISP of V21 and now 'belongs' to Biscit: however when Biscit took over, I don't think they fully understood what the VISP's were and how to contact them - so if Biscit didn't know, its quite likely that neither did Breathe.

I'd say its great that Breathe have found a way to keep customers updated in leiu of being able to do so via the V21 and Biscit sites - and at least they are keeping people updated (not like Biscit who announce a problem one day then scratch it from the records the next and pretend it never happened!)

Cold Fusion

Its in BT's interest to get this sorted as soon as possible as im sure they are losing money over this. I just hope they can reach agreement today.

JamesNRS

I work for a Biscit reseller and we are already having problems with loss of connectivity with one of our customers.

This migration needs to be done sooner, rather than later.

Anyone with Breathe originally? what is there cusomer support like? Biscits was abysmal.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
This just from Breathe's Biscit update page.

Breathe Networks is still in discussions with the Administrator of Biscit Internet Limited and its creditors regarding a transfer of those customers to 'breathe'. At this stage, a range of legal and commercial issues between Biscit and its creditors are preventing any migration from taking place.

Breathe Networks is still working to effect a migration, and we will inform all customers if we are succesful in concluding that.

jonnylew

The language is changing a bit isn't it? Now Breathe are saying that they will inform all customers IF they are successful in effecting a migration.

Please forgive me if I'm sounding a bit pessimistic about the whole thing.

timetogo

Breathe Networks is still working to effect a migration, and we will inform all customers if we are succesful in concluding that.

So what happens if .....

do customers end up being ceased, or is there another ISP ready to step in?

Skip_intro

This just from Breathe's Biscit update page.

Breathe Networks is still in discussions with the Administrator of Biscit Internet Limited and its creditors regarding a transfer of those customers to 'breathe'. At this stage, a range of legal and commercial issues between Biscit and its creditors are preventing any migration from taking place.

Right, so at this point, I have a service which is unsupported as my ISP has neither staff nor kit due to V21's smash and grab, can go off for hours at a time without warning and there's no way of getting out of the 'contract' as no-one can take responsibilty.

If Biscit still retain the customer base and most of the rights it seems, why can't they issue a MAC? Lack of staff or kit? How difficult is it to do, in actuality?

If I were a less enlightened sort of bloke, I'd be caning my connection from morning to night just for the sheer hell of it... :rolleyes:

furry_gizmo

Errrrrrr ....... another update on the Breathe/Biscit page

Breathe Networks Limited has been unable to reach an agreement regarding the migration of Biscit/V21's customers to breathe due to a range of commercial and legal issues revolving around Biscit and V21 customers.

As such, Breathe Networks will not be able to take over the provision of services customers.

Now what happens?????????????

Paulplex

ISP Rep
From the Breathe 'Biscit' page (http://www.breathe.co.uk/biscit):
Whilst 'breathe' would still be delighted to provide services to those customers, we are prohibited from contacting them directly, and cannot migrate them to our services, although we will be delighted to provide any assistance that we can to anyone who contacts us.
Well, based solely on Breathes comments on this forum about their hopes to purchase Biscit users and the updates and comments from the Breathe CEO, I'd say anyone wanting to jump ship from Biscit could do worse than Breathe. I've never used their service but I've friends that have without problems.

I hope another buyer steps in though: I'm not affected by this anymore but I can certainly imagine how much of a headache service problems with no support contacts must be...

Last edited:

BreatheCEO

Another Update!

Dear ISP Reviewers,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you with another response - I know that this is a very stressful time for Biscit/V21 customers as I've personally chatted to many of you and responded to many of your emails over the last 48 hours.

I will tell you what I can, bearing in mind that there are on-going legal and commercial discussions that I do not want to compromise.

Although my company was able to reach an agreement with Administrator of Biscit to acquire the customers, we have not been able to execute that agreement because of legal and commercial issues beyond our control.

For obvious reasons I cannot go into too much detail, but they involve both the liability for debts incurred through the migration of the this customer base, and questions regarding which company legally owns the customers.

Having spoken to many of you, I am conscious that the people who will suffer most as a result of these protracted legal and commercial issues are the customers, but our hands are tied.

We will continue to update our web site with any new information that comes to light, although the 'official' channel for updated is through the Administrator of Biscit Internet Limited and BT, although we are prohibited from contacting Biscit's customers directly.

jonnylew

Yep, I think we're well & truly up s**t creek without a paddle.

Nobody (Biscit/V21, Breathe, BT, Ofcom, the Administrator) gives a flying **** about what happens to us. No real surprise there though is it?

My guess is that we'll just lose our broadband connections fairly soon, but there'll be no cease on our line, no MAC's issued, and then we'll have to wait for an age for BT to cease the ADSL tag on our lines (obviously after a lot of legal wrangling about cost, etc).

You've got to laugh or you'd cry!

MrJ

Pro Member
seems that we have gone back to who the customers are owned by... it's either V21 or Biscit - not both... V21 isn't in administration, Biscit is... please can someone make up their mind...

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Not really I am going to send one email out and see if we can get you some help.

Can't promise anything but suppose saying all contact OFCOM and show your displeasure and request MACs as your ISP is not contactable might be a way forward.

Cold Fusion

Yep, I think we're well & truly up s**t creek without a paddle.

Nobody (Biscit/V21, Breathe, BT, Ofcom, the Administrator) gives a flying **** about what happens to us. No real surprise there though is it?

My guess is that we'll just lose our broadband connections fairly soon, but there'll be no cease on our line, no MAC's issued, and then we'll have to wait for an age for BT to cease the ADSL tag on our lines (obviously after a lot of legal wrangling about cost, etc).

You've got to laugh or you'd cry!

My Sentiment exactly. Im sure Marcus is just as disappointed, but it doesnt help us. I wouldnt expect to get anything from the Administrator, hes got enough of a mess to sort out by the sounds of it with the Links between Biscit and V21 causing alot of headaches. The administrator hasnt made any effort to contact us and no one else involved can say anything because of contractual and legal issues.

In the end its the customer who pays the cash, the customer whos kept in the dark and the customer who suffers until everything is sorted out.

God help us all.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
I would just like to say thanks (although Im not affected) to the Breathe CEO for taking the time out to post in here.

So where are people now? Stuck in limbo again.

There is a few options:

If you have a connection, wait it out and see who buys it, and what they say.

Ask BT for a cease. You will be without broadband for a while, but it could save you hassle in the long run.

If BT wont give a cease, I think you can change something to do with the BT bill that automatically releases it from ADSL. I think Kits knows more.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I agree with kits, make a complaint to Ofcom. Ofcom seems to take an interest when their switchboard gets overloaded, maybe they'll bang some heads together.

One thing this situation demonstrates is that consumers need an alternate source to obtain their mac code (ie the wholesale provider).

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules