Sponsored

Biscit Update!

Skip_intro

you used quotes from ISPreview and didnt even give ISPreview any credit for being here and helping gather the information. :O

Hem, hem. I actually did forward ISPReview's address to them along with my e-mail correspondence from Breathe along with a link to Breathe's Biscit info page. The quotes I was referring to were those around the 'one Reg reader complained' tag, rather than any others in quote marks in the article, of course.

jack8

Pro Member
Well I appreciate what you have done. I think the more info passed around can only be for the good.

Thanks to Biscit i am now a regular member on here not just a member.:laugh:

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
I see breathe have temporarily suspended new broadband subscriptions until tomorrow ,due to overwhelming demand.

http://breatheinternet.com/broadband

This saga gets more bizzare by the minute.
ellison

That is weird :crap:

Why would Breathe be experiencing unprecedented demand if nobody is able to migrate to them? There can't be that many Biscit customers who already had a MAC code, hadn't done anything with it, and have now decided to move to Breathe

koolkenny

Casual Member
Hi I only found out what is going on with Biscit today
my v21 E mail.is still working what do we do about getting a mac code?
can some please help me im new here thanks

BreatheCEO

MAC Policy for Insolvent Companies?

Good evening,

This situation is almost as bizarre as the last ever episode of Stargate SG-1!

It clearly highlights a problem regarding how our industry is structured and how it deals with customers.

I think that a simple solution would be something like this:

1. When an ISP goes into Administration, there should be a five-day period during which the Administrator of that company can look for a new owner.

2. After five days, if there are no takers, the Administrator should, working with Ofcom and the Wholesaler automatically issue MAC codes to all of that ISP's customers.

3. Once in receipt of those MACs, the customers could make alternative arrangements if they so desire, or hang on in the hope of rescue.

This system would have the benefit of forcing Administrators to move quickly and to 'pre-package' deals before putting companies into Administration, whilst freeing customers from the limbo in which Biscit/V21 customers currently find themselves.

The reality is that with over 300 ISPs in the UK and the rapid consolidation that needs to take place, this situation is likely to happen time and time again and Ofcom need to have a proper solution in place.

I intend to propose this to Ofcom tomorrow.

Ciao,

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
Good evening,

This situation is almost as bizarre as the last ever episode of Stargate SG-1!

It clearly highlights a problem regarding how our industry is structured and how it deals with customers.

I think that a simple solution would be something like this:

>< snip ><

Ciao,

Absolutely on the button :nod:

I don't think you'll find a shortage of people on here who will agree with you.

Good luck with OF-CON :rolleyes:

Thanks for your efforts up to now.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
you used quotes from ISPreview and didnt even give ISPreview any credit for being here and helping gather the information. :O

If it's any consolation, Zdnet included a link to ISPR in their coverage

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39286287,00.htm?r=3

Such a shame Zdnet keep harping on about Biscit winning their "legal battle" against Netservices when all they actually 'won' was their BT realm names back :- http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=22791&highlight=authentication realms (I might have been more impressed if Biscit had taken that action in time to defeat the Netservices garden wall, but of course they didn't :rolleyes: )

koolkenny

Casual Member
thanks for the help but when are we going to get cut off if we dont join up
with Breathe ? and who sends the mac code ????

jonnylew

Kenny,

We're not going to be connected with Breathe, unfortunately the deal has fallen through :( As for the provisioning of MAC codes, well, nobody knows what's going to happen or who is going to provide them.

If you log on using the @maxsurf domain than take a look at my thread titled 'Provisioning of MAC codes from wholesalers' for some almost good news.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
Last edited:

PeeJay

Top Member
I gave up on Net4Nowt when it became Net4Now. Even their user reviews were well out of date.

MrJ

Pro Member
... Net4Now's front page has always given me an error 500 since the re-brand - yet the rest of the site works perfectly

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Please disregarde the net4now news I have been intouch with Breathe the deal has not gone through they are going to contact net4now and inform them of this. Thank you smoothhound for bringing it to my attention.

Last edited:

TrevIs65

Got a prompt reply

Dear Mr Cold Fusion

I would recommend you all send similar emails to the same address (we dont want it looking like spam!) Hopefully they will try abit harder to resolve our problems.

Thanks for the link Cold Fusion.

I've sent a similar email to ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk. I think our previous communications were effective in changing the MAC code rules. I, too, think the ownership of the MAC code should be with the wholesale provider. I was with V21 and Freetalk and migrated to Biscit Home FreeMax. I'm concerned that I may lose my phone line and broadband, although they're both working at the moment.

Also bothered about the thousands of customers who are unaware of what is happening.

Anybody out there with enough influence to get them a mention on tonight's
Whatchdog ( program BBC 1 8 o'clock ) ?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules