Sponsored

Biscit Update!

Kits

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks for the link Cold Fusion.

I've sent a similar email to ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk. I think our previous communications were effective in changing the MAC code rules. I, too, think the ownership of the MAC code should be with the wholesale provider. I was with V21 and Freetalk and migrated to Biscit Home FreeMax. I'm concerned that I may lose my phone line and broadband, although they're both working at the moment.

Also bothered about the thousands of customers who are unaware of what is happening.

Anybody out there with enough influence to get them a mention on tonight's
Whatchdog ( program BBC 1 8 o'clock ) ?

I have tried for you all been emailing a few people it seems the legalities are the problem BT are lookig into ways to help but it has to fall inside the legalities. :(

I have also contacted Watchdog with links to the forums giving them as much info as i could lets hope something is done.

QuantumKid

Casual Member
Guess what ?
I've just got a MAC from BT Wholesale, and am already signed up with another ISP (BT) change over next wednesday.
Did I just get lucky ?
QK

ziggycat

Pro Member
Please tell all how and who did you speak to.

If you look back at QK's posts I doubt there is much thruth in it, its been suspected he is very, very close to Biscit he might even be a rich tea.

QuantumKid

Casual Member
(The closest I got to Biscit, was that I was a V21 reseller)
I got through to BT wholesale, waited to speak to an advisor, got the usual no comment, no news, but then got put on to his team leader. He took my telephone number, asked a couple of security questions and then just gave me a MAC ! he did say I had previously requested a MAC ( I had, to Biscit email, about a week ago, but never got a reply), and when I asked if they were available to all Biscit customers, he said he could not say because he could only give information about my case.
I then rang BT broadband sales and signed up with them, they accepted the MAC with no problems, change over next wednesday.
The bad news is I got one of my customers to try for his MAC, and all he got was the usual no news, no comment etc. etc.
Why me ? I just don't know .....

curtis

Top Member
To quantumkid

Just like you I too rang bt wholesales & guess what I too got a mac and gone with a new isp and it starts next wednesday? so well done bt wholesale there is light at the end of the tunnel:nod: . good bye naims/v21/biscit:crap: :mad:

Skip_intro

Curtis,

what number did you call? BT Wholesale don't seem to respond to e-mails or questions posted from their site regarding Biscit MAC info.

Thanks.

ellison

Curtis,

what number did you call? BT Wholesale don't seem to respond to e-mails or questions posted from their site regarding Biscit MAC info.

Thanks.

The bt wholsale number given to me yesterday is 0800 1690934
Customer services that ive spoken to there just tell me that they cant do anything and to get in touch with ofcom.I guess its just luck which customer service op you get through too?
ellison

furry_gizmo

I've just tried BT Wholesale, and got the same response as ellison, BT say to contact Ofcom who will instruct BT to issue MAC's.

ellison

Being the sucker for punishment that i am ,i contacted btwholesale again and got through to a different advisor who read an email out to me from her superiors.It stated that BT WILL not cut off our broadband and that they have a team working in the background,trying to sort the mess out basically and WILL (whether its a walled garden or home contact i dont know)contact all biscits customers (6000 odd the advisor said?),in relation to providing macs.So at least we have broadband and it isnt going to be cut off yet.
ellison

Skip_intro

Thanks for the info, ellison. I have a page full of numbers for BT Wholesale but yours wasn't one of them, go figure, eh?

I'll see what's happening with the confusion of information now and ring them in the morning. Can't hurt, can it?

ellison

Yeah ,the more that ring the better,and it dont cost anything.In the meantime all we can do is just enjoy the free broadband i guess?
elllison

ellison

Concerning the problem with email servers for v21/biscit/naims customers ,The pop servers not working but SMTP still is.If that goes are there such things as free SMTP services other than webmail?
tia
ellison

JaXanim

Casual Member
- - - - - Anybody out there with enough influence to get them a mention on tonight's
Whatchdog ( program BBC 1 8 o'clock ) ?

Nothing mentioned tonight, but next week's show has the results of their big ISP survey. There's been thousands of mails from Joe oPublic, so the Biscit crumbs must surely get picked over.
JaX

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Concerning the problem with email servers for v21/biscit/naims customers ,The pop servers not working but SMTP still is.If that goes are there such things as free SMTP services other than webmail?
tia
ellison

Best thing to do is get a gmail account, they provide pop access and an SMTP server, you can also use gmail's smtp server with other email accounts (you have to register them within gmail first) which is handy if you use an ISP like mine that blocks the standard SMTP port preventing me from using my other accounts authenticated SMTP servers.

http://mail.google.com/mail/signup

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Nothing mentioned tonight, but next week's show has the results of their big ISP survey. There's been thousands of mails from Joe oPublic, so the Biscit crumbs must surely get picked over.
JaX

I'm sure they said they'd be covering it on this weeks programme - hmm, maybe they got a much bigger response than expected :eek:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1871)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules