Biscit Update!

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Just had an email back from the Administrator of Biscit (Tony Thompson). Quote:

To get your MAC Code telephone BT Wholesale on 0800 169 9576

End Quote

That was all the email!

Thanks for nothing!

Well I would read that as authorisation from Biscit's administrator for BT Wholesale to release your MAC code. :)

ukwoody

Wow, thats useful but then i wouldnt expect number crunchers to be interested in helping the little folk, their main priority is making sure the tax man gets his first.

Nah, they make sure they get their own money first! There is BIG money being the administartors.

woody

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
You're right ukwoody

The first people to be paid are always the Tax/Vat man and the administrator, after this most the time you only get a few pence in the pound if you're lucky.

NetFan

Top Member
Just had an email back from the Administrator of Biscit (Tony Thompson). Quote:

To get your MAC Code telephone BT Wholesale on 0800 169 9576

End Quote

That was all the email!

Thanks for nothing!

n/a for eurisp / maxsurf 'customers' though ??

andyk0903

Casual Member
n/a for eurisp / maxsurf 'customers' though ??
That's what I was emailed - no further info.

My personal expreience is that I was a V21 customer but, when Bicit took over I migrated (from EurISP) to Biscit and was given a bb-1@biscit logon. When I called BT I was told that Your Communications were my provider NOT BTw. I contacted Thus (who bought out Your Communications) and were told that someone would call me back post 4:40pm. As soon as I got off the phone from Thus, BTw phoned me with a MAC, therefore I was not with Your Communications (well I was when I was V21 but not since I migrated to Biscit - guess BTs records need updating?).Thus did call me back and I was told that EurISP were not releaseing MAC codes yet.
That's all the info I can say for certain.

Ronaar

Thats correct. BB-1@biscit logon was directly from BTW with no reseller.

I got my MAC today and all they asked was my name, telephone number and my alternative(moblile) number in order to check who I was. I am still wondering why the MAC is only valid until 25th March. Any ideas?

ukwoody

Mel, unfortunetly that rulling was overturned just a month later

The Court of Appeal has overturned a ruling that gave employees priority over administration fees when companies collapse.

The original ruling, handed down by Mr. Justice Peter Smith, stated that when a company goes into administration, cash owed to employees must take priority over the administrators' fees and administration costs.

It prompted concern that the administrations of companies involving large redunancies could have been jeopardised.

After 14 days, the administrators of a company's collapse become responsible for the employment contracts. Justice Smith's ruling would have ringfenced cash for the protective awards these employees would be entitled to, at the expense of the administrator's fees, and legal costs.

According to TheLawyer.com, if Justice Smith's ruling had stood, in similar cases, the administrator could well decide to make all staff redundant, to avoid becoming liable for paying protective awards at a later stage.

The Court of Appeal came to the rescue of administrators and overturned Smith's ruling.

Under UK law when more than 100 employees are to be laid off, the employer must consult with the staff for a period of 90 days before issuing the P45s. If it fails to do so, an employment tribunal can award the employee a so-called protective award, covering salary or wages for a period of up to 90 days. ®

Woody

ukwoody

I've a vague feeling somebody has already asked this, but why are Breathe not currently taking on new customers due to demand -yet a) they were supposedly geared up to take all the biscit customers, and b) didn't take them over so should have been able to cope?

Woody

Skip_intro

I got my MAC today and all they asked was my name, telephone number and my alternative(moblile) number in order to check who I was. I am still wondering why the MAC is only valid until 25th March. Any ideas?

MAC numbers are valid for a maximum of 30 days, then they expire, but why the new ones have such a short life is a question for those with closer ties to BT.

My guess is the short life is possibly due to the supposition that anyone with the nous to find the number and get a code already has somewhere to jump to. Maybe it's a condition they agreed with the administrators of BISCit, let a certain amount leave before a cut-off date then some other plan comes into force? Who knows for sure?

Last edited:

Ronaar

My guess is the short life is possibly due to the supposition that anyone with the nous to find the number and get a code already has somewhere to jump to. Maybe it's a condition they agreed with the administrators of BISCit, let a certain amount leave before a cut-off date then some other plan comes into force? Who knows for sure?[/QUOTE]

Could this be a ploy to encourage people to sign up with BT.?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
It might actually be worth those affected contacting BBC Watchdog for once, I think they're going to look at the results of their Broadband provider poll on the next show - Tomorrow! So V21 Biscit could get some coverage if enough customers contact them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_index.shtml

And if you rely on your Biscit connection for running a business maybe try BBC working lunch http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/working_lunch/default.stm

Might even get your business mentioned on TV :)

Saw a post on another forum that a V21 customer got a call back from watchdog wanting to interview them. I assume this will be for next Wednesday's show.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4220)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (921)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules