Sponsored Links

Black Friday deal ending soon...

IgNG

Top Member
My recent discussion with SMARTY revealed my special deal will end soon, what's the best way to continue to avoid the 25% price hike?

That depends what you’re currently paying, simsherpa etc generally have smarty unlimited at £16pm.

Topcashback/quidco are generally good at reducing the overall cost, provided you pay up front and claim cashback or asses the value over term not monthly cost.

Lebara is offering 3 months 50% off £12.50 unlimited data for 3 months.

SMARTY seems a difficult company to carry over a tariff. Last year it was £18 unlimited then they introduced £15 but they wouldn't put me on that. So I let that expire and took out another one for £15. Not bothered about keeping my number. At the moment it's £12 for 50 GB which I can just keep under.

Obviously they haven't said what Black Friday deals are out but unlimited has gone back to £20. Still got two months so maybe just wait?

Sponsored Links
SMARTY seems a difficult company to carry over a tariff. Last year it was £18 unlimited then they introduced £15 but they wouldn't put me on that. So I let that expire and took out another one for £15. Not bothered about keeping my number. At the moment it's £12 for 50 GB which I can just keep under.

Obviously they haven't said what Black Friday deals are out but unlimited has gone back to £20. Still got two months so maybe just wait?
I was lucky to get the £16 deal on their website in August, hope they don't forget after my free months are up.

Three have a £16 12 month contract on Topcashback with a payout of £65. Split the £65 across 12 months and you pay around £10 for unlimited contract deal.

During a chat with Smarty when the service was poor at my place and me getting credit on my account for months on end I asked about the lower tariff (£16 - I was on the £18.75 one) and the chat girl tried to lower my costs but could not, said to call/chat when available. Try asking.
Service is still not perfect as in a no 3 home broadband postcode area but as now on 3 it looks like the change to 3 has improved things a bit. Only on my second day after over 2 years with Smarty though.
Now £16 a month through TCB with whatever I may or will get back.

I got another £15 back from Quidco but it was a long time coming, about six months I think. If Voda/O2 get this nearby updated mast, This £9.5 unlimited deal after cashback might be the way to go.

Sponsored Links
Three have a £16 12 month contract on Topcashback with a payout of £65. Split the £65 across 12 months and you pay around £10 for unlimited contract deal.
That's what I'm on.

Well contacted SMARTY CS just now to ask about a tariff change and they put me on the soon to be gone 50GB £12 from next month. Result! Rarely go above that. :)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules