Sponsored Links

Bluespot (4G/5G) Antenna

Gandi69

ULTIMATE Member
As I mentioned in another thread I purchased a Bluespot antenna last week so I thought Id post some details up of it as they appear to be a relative new comer to the antenna market. The Box contains a handy little guide that is well written and gives a router compatibility list
First impressions are it seems to be a well built unit about the size of shoe box, the 5m length Coax cables seem to quite thick would would generally mean good quality I'd have thought so less loss than cheaper antennas. Also comes with TS9/Sma adapters so all bases are covered there. The cables are about equal in diameter to that of a small omni-280 poynting antenna that I own which is a good sign.
Easy enough the antenna up itself too with just a set of small screws on the back next to the wall mounting bracket (which is also supplied in the box), though a pole mounting is available separately.
Not sure what IP rating it gets as there is no rubber seal around the casing though maybe it doesnt need that, I'm sure it'll deal with outside conditions easily.

As promised here are the pictures:

I might have to wait to put this up as with a new mast going up locally within a few weeks I dont want to finalize its positioning yet however I might do some heath robinson style testing as I know what I'm like! Im hoping it brings me some benefit - at the moment I'm using a Panorama DMM-7-38 which isnt bad but the coax quality could be better.

Attachments

• 8 (Small).jpg
    8 (Small).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 395
  • 9 (Small).jpg
    9 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 375
More:

Ignore the gap next to the coax on the left, the cover was just placed on for this photo

Attachments

• 4 (Small).jpg
    4 (Small).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 5 (Small).jpg
    5 (Small).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 276
Sponsored Links
Hey, thanks for sharing.
That antenna looks awesome, hope it works well.

@Gandi69 any chance you can upload the photos in original quality somewhere such as imgur.com etc?

I'm trying to build a gallery of these which I'll publish some time later. I already have some photos of the Panorama DMM-7-38 as well as various Poynting.

Sponsored Links
thanks mate, im going to give it a spin on three, o2 and vodafone in comparison to my other antennas. Hopefully it'll help!

That will be interesting read, thanks!

I'll perhaps get in touch with them and ask for some gain graphs, to see which bands are supported best and so on. This way we can theoretically compare it with the other antennas.

So far with it propped up in the same
Place as the panorama antenna rsrp values are at -84dBm. Panorama antenna is showing -103 in the same place. Pleased with that, will have to mount properly it in the next month or so

Sponsored Links
So far with it propped up in the same
Place as the panorama antenna rsrp values are at -84dBm. Panorama antenna is showing -103 in the same place. Pleased with that, will have to mount properly it in the next month or so
Has this lead to better speeds by any chance?

Has this lead to better speeds by any chance?

With three a little bit, saw about 58mbit earlier on so a little bit. Ive no doubt that would increase too in a less busy period. SINR was markedly better as well. Im back on the panorama antenna now until I can get some time to fit this new one up, but I may well wait until the new mast goes live

Looks a lot better quality than the majority of Antenna out there (a few have just washers and bolts) so this looks like the real deal!

If this don't produce better speeds for you then nothing will.

You could always mount it to an upside down sat dish for mega-reception too!

I've seriously considered going this route myself, but all the carriers seem much of a muchness tbh and where I am being over contended on local masts, so it'd prove fruitless for me.

Seems kind of on par with the Panorama, on paper maybe even bit less capable, but hey.
Definitely a quality piece, looks darn fancy.

Sponsored Links
Quick update from me on this antenna.
I was going to wait until the roll out of the new mast local to me but as this still seems to be taking forever I decided to mount this antenna up.
Obviously you need to mess about getting it in a "sweet spot" as you would do with any antenna but when you do that it makes a hell of a difference.

The router is in the corner of a window facing the same direction that the blue spot is facing - roughly in line with a local older mast.
I've also mounted the little panorama dm-7-38 antenna below the blue spot outside on the wall. The Panorama is not an external antenna that so weather will kill it no doubt but as the weather is nice i've done so back to back tests (albeit very unscientific).
Right now at 10.50am on the internal B535 antennas the speeds I can get range from 16-22mbit down, and 20-25 up.
The little Panorama fairs a touch better, maybe 18-25 mbit down and around 25 up.
The Bluespot antenna seems to be giving me anywhere from 38-50 mbit and 30-32 up.

All in for what I paid for it (well under the brand new list price) I'm pretty happy with what it gives me, three bandwidth limitations not withstanding.

@Gandi69 hey, thanks for coming back with the results, should help other looking for aerials in the future.

It would have been interesting to also note down the RSRP/RSRQ/SINR, it could have painted a more clear picture.

Sure thing, I did make a quick log of it just didnt post the results so i'll show the variance. These are day time values, I find they get significantly better in the late evening and early hours. This is using my three sim where the signal is not very strong too.

Internal B353 antenna array:

SINR: 0.0 db to 1.0 dB
RSRQ: -14.0 dB
RSRP: -93 to -95dBm
RSSI: -61 to 63.0 dBm

Panorama Dm-7-38:

SINR: 0.0 db to 4.0 dB
RSRQ: -12.0 dB
RSRP: -89 to -95dBm
RSSI: -61 to 63.0 dBm

Bluespot:

SINR: 3.0 db to 14.0 dB
RSRQ: -8.0 dB to 11.0 dB
RSRP: -82 dBm more or less solidly
RSSI: -53 dBm more or less solidly also

Oh yeah, the bluespot aerial makes a massive difference, thanks for sharing.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules