Sponsored

breathe and ecosse.net

tinman9898

I have an account with ecosse.net which was recently moved to Breathe servers. They have messed up the transfer and some of my web site is missing (ie pages and pics) and they have not supplied me with ftp details for the new server. There is no email address for Breathe customer services on their web site and I'm not paying for phone calls to contact them to sort this out as it is there inefficiency which has caused the problem. I didn't ask to be moved in the first place.....

Does any one have a contact email adddress for Breathe which will actually reply about this matter?

When i heard from ecosse.net that they were moving to breathe I was filled with dread and it looks like my fears have been realised.... :mad:

tinman9898

thanks for taking the time to help

but the page you suggested does not help much....I'm afraid....apparently there should be an email form one can use but as breathe have not contacted me with the new details since the server change I can't sign to access it.....as I don't know the sign in details...

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
tried pm and emailing from the link...email is refused and the pms have exceeded the quota for his account and no more can be accepted...

what next...it would seem that Breathe do not want anyone to contact them unless you pay them premium rates for doing so.... :-(
Freephone number for Breathe Sales 0800 078 9180

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
tried pm and emailing from the link...email is refused and the pms have exceeded the quota for his account and no more can be accepted...

what next...it would seem that Breathe do not want anyone to contact them unless you pay them premium rates for doing so.... :-(
Will see if I can find any other details.

tinman9898

thanks....

I appreciate everyones help in this matter....Will try the freephone number and see how I get on...usually the sales dept just refers you to customer services on the premium number in these cases but I'll give it a try anyway....

captain

ecosse.net / breathe

i have an account with ecosse.net and was re-assured when
the changeover to breathe was complete all my archived mail
folders would remain intact

this is not the case as they have all been deleted!

i have lost hundreds or important personal and freelance
work details and information as a result

it stinks

thanks ecosse/breathe

if they had lt me know these mail folders would be
deleted i could have at least backed them up

Breathenet GRRRRR

It was such a relief to find this forum. I've been an ecosse.net customer for 11 years, only one complaint. Since Breathe (For the last week) I have only been able to send two emails, via the web. First one never arrived, the second was returne as a delivery failure though the address is correct. Most of the time they just don't send. Error message about the server refusing to send. There are also many missing emails. I just received one on the old ecosse site, but for the last two day (via my entourage) my in-box has been barraged with SPAM addressed to other ecosse.net customers, all with addresses beginning with the same letter mine does. I think i've become the spam filter!
My small one person business depends on email, I'm not very good at figuring this stuff out and I am furious and helpless. Of course can't email breathe because it doesn't work. And 60p a minute for phoning technical support!! how dare they!
I took the advice of calling the free phone number and I got an incomprehensible but very pleasant indian man who admitted the migration was not complete and that I must wait until Tuesday evening. Everything should be fine by Tuesday evening. GRRRRRRRR

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
To solve the email problem I would get a googlemail email address or yahoo since they are independant to your ISP also if you do change ISPs the email address wil not need to be changed.

captain

i called the freephone breathe number and got the same reassurance, that all my old e.mails would soon be transfered, i also have been using ecosse.net with excellent telephone support for ten years and rely on the e.mail addy for my freelance work contacts

i tried to access my account this morning and was unable to with the following message
'Forbidden You don't have permission to access /atmail.php on this server'

this is a big problem for me as this is and has been my primary source of contact
for work !

can anyone help?

i tried callin the same number all morning but it is constantly engaged
i guess i'm not the only unhappy customer?

much thanks

alexgray

Their server is refusing connections at all this morning. Perhaps (hopefully) they are busy migrating custom mail folders over from cali.co as they promised they would!

Anyway, when it is working, if you find you don;t have access check that your mail settings are for mail.ecosse.net for in and out servers, that your login id is your full email address (eg yourname@ecosse.net) - previously you could omit the ecosse.net bit, and set outgoing SMTP server to requires authentication, again using your full email address as the login name and your usual password.

The change to SMTP authentication required came in yesterday morning, totally unannounced, so if you were able to receive mails but not send yesterday that would have been the reason.

As others have said, they don't appear to respond to any emails whatever and presumably are hoping to fund the service from calls to the premium rate number.

This is all very sad for those of us who have been with ecosse net pretty well from the start and as many in our village do, not only use ecosse.net but also have many members of extended families who do so.

Alex
Gairloch

paolo

Had the same problem with SMTP. There's an easy fix if you've got a MAC.

Get a hold of RapidoSMTP - free download. This allows you to turn on the Postfix SMTP server built into Mac OS X.

Works a treat!

Not today mind you as can't even sign on online!

i'm stuck

Their server is refusing connections at all this morning. Perhaps (hopefully) they are busy migrating custom mail folders over from cali.co as they promised they would!

Anyway, when it is working, if you find you don;t have access check that your mail settings are for mail.ecosse.net for in and out servers, that your login id is your full email address (eg yourname@ecosse.net) - previously you could omit the ecosse.net bit, and set outgoing SMTP server to requires authentication, again using your full email address as the login name and your usual password.

The change to SMTP authentication required came in yesterday morning, totally unannounced, so if you were able to receive mails but not send yesterday that would have been the reason.

As others have said, they don't appear to respond to any emails whatever and presumably are hoping to fund the service from calls to the premium rate number.

This is all very sad for those of us who have been with ecosse net pretty well from the start and as many in our village do, not only use ecosse.net but also have many members of extended families who do so.

Alex
Gairloch
HELP!!! I have changed what you said but am still unable to reach the server?? This is the message that comes up.... what do I do now???

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.ecosse.net', Server: 'mail.ecosse.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

paolo

As I say - they are blocking port 25 when using mail.ecosse.net. Until they give you their new server address/name then your screwed. Unless, that is, you get some software that enables you to 'unblock' port 25. It's a 1 minute job on MAC but have no idea how to do it on a PC.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: FEB2020
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £21.95
    Avg. Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2617)
  2. FTTP (2400)
  3. FTTC (1711)
  4. Building Digital UK (1649)
  5. Politics (1505)
  6. Openreach (1486)
  7. Business (1303)
  8. FTTH (1191)
  9. Statistics (1140)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1102)
  11. Fibre Optic (1005)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (959)
  13. 4G (953)
  14. Wireless Internet (951)
  15. Virgin Media (909)
  16. EE (630)
  17. Sky Broadband (623)
  18. TalkTalk (607)
  19. Vodafone (573)
  20. 3G (431)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules