Sponsored

breathe and ecosse.net

tinman

Casual Member
further complaint to ISPA....

I have filed a second complaint about Breathe and received the following...

Thank you for contacting ISPA.

As you have made a complaint for the second time about this member of
ISPA, the complaint could now be escalated to CISAS.

CISAS is an external dispute resolution scheme; the arbitrator's
findings will be legally binding on the ISP.

I have forwarded this complaint to the offending member for them to
issue you with a CISAS reference number within 5 working days. Please note
you can only file a complaint with CISAS, if you have been given a
CISAS reference number or your complaint is more then three months old
from the first time you complaint to the ISP.

The member may try to resolve the issue within that time, but if you
are not satisfied with the resolution offered, the member needs to issue
you with a reference number once the 5 working days have expired.

Please visit the CISAS website www.cisas.org.uk to file the complaint.
If you have any questions regarding filing a complaint with CISAS,
please contact the scheme on 020-7421-7432.

However if the member does not contact you within the time period
given, and your complaint is not yet three months old and you cannot take it
to CISAS, please visit the ISPA website www.ispa.org.uk, to fill out
the third online complaints form. ISPA will try further to resolve the
issue.

Kind regards

ISPA Members Services Team

I urge everyone having problems with Ecosse net on Breathe to use the following form...If it is your second complaint it will be escalated....

http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/complaints.cgi

melecosse

Follow up a complaint

I've also filed a complaint about the situation with the ISPA, but I would urge you all to take this a step further. It's likely the ISPA trickles along with not a very large staff, and will simply "field" the complaints to Breathe using e-mail. :nod:

Make life difficult for both the ISPA and Breathe by writing them snail mail as well - and ask for a reply. :laugh:

I've done that to-day. I would also think that "ecosse.net" is done for now! To me, there's probably not enough income from the dial-ups to keep the service going on the excellent basis it was before. It's just a pity Calico didn't offer us the options as on their website - £25p.a. for website hosting plus two mailboxes and then additionals at a fiver each. :shrug: I would have paid this happily to keep my ecosse.net address(es). I'd have suggested a tenner for the first mailbox address, and a fiver each for additionals even without the hosting, 'twould have been well worth it.

ISPA
28 Broadway
LONDON
SW1H 9JX

mel

http://www.timekeepers.me.uk

melecosse

Back up again

As of about thirty minutes ago, ecosse.net is back up, but only with mails from Thursday when it went down! Anything else would appear to have been refused or bounced back - so will be in cyberspace somewhere. :)

Get in quick before the batteries run down again!

Also look at

http://www.cali.co.uk/ecossespecial.htm

where Calico are doing a price special for ex ecosse clients, but unfortunately not with an ecosse.net address, :shrug: which is a shame. I e-mailed Kirsty (support) to ask if there was any chance Calico would take the service back, but the tone of the reply indicated whilst they might like to, they just weren't able to!

shenval

Casual Member
ecosse - false alarm

Whilst the ecosse.net mailbox may appear to be up and running again, I have tried to send and receive emails via it since around 2.30pm without any success yet, so don't get too excited yet.:mad::mad:

I can send from my ecosse.net accounts and I have a few coming in but theyre ones that are being sent this evening to me. No sign of all the ones that have been sent to me since the system went down.

Rather bizarrely I got 15 emails on Saturday which were from 2004 :eek:

tinman

Casual Member
update on Breathe web site about ecosse email service

went to Breathes web site and they have posted the following...

Ecosse users- 16/01/2008

The Ecosse mail servers are now fully back up and running.

There was a large amount of email backlog but as of this morning this appears to have been cleared and email is being sent in a timely manner to users accounts.

We would like to apologise to our users for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Can anyone else confirm that things are working again....?

My email certainly seems to be working now, the only thing is Ive rec'd NO emails at all that were sent between Thursday & yesterday

tinman

Casual Member
emails not arriving so far...

I sent and email yesterday and one again this morning to my yahoo account from ecosse.net, so far both have failed to arrive....

tinman

Casual Member
ecosse.net email update

one of the messages I sent to my yahoo account has arrived 24 hours after I sent it. The other appears to be in the ether somwhere, possibly lost forever.

My mum has texted me to say that she could not get access to her ecosse account last night using outlook express....

tinman

Casual Member
latest from Breathe support page on ecosse

from the breathe web site...

Ecosse users- 16/01/2008

The Ecosse mail servers are now fully back up and running.

There was a large amount of email backlog but as of this morning the majority appears to have been cleared and email is being sent in a timely manner to users accounts. You may however receive some emails sent since the disruption over the next 24 hours while the full backlog is processed.

We would like to apologise to our users for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

tinman9898

ftp and email with ecosse (Breathe)

well I have managed to fix my mas email using outlook. I checked all her settings (remotely using messenger i.e guided her through it). Turns out that she needed to tick the box "my server requires authentication" and it worked. She can now send and recieve emails.

I accessed my site using ftp the other day without any problems.

With Breathe, goodness knows how long everything will keep working but for now they seem to have fixed things (hope I don't put a hex on things by saying that!), except the spam.

I'm sure that there should be a way for you to change your profile (password etc.) at Breathes end after proving it is actually you who has the acount. How to do this I don't know and I don't hold out much hope of success phoning customer services, as in past experience, they are usually useless.

May be worth a complaint to the ISPA. Breathe have to respond within a certain time scale with a fix or you can escalate it to another authority. It may focus their minds on the problem.... keep us posted...

All the emails I have recieved from breathe after contacting ISPA have come from the following address....

emailsupport@ breathe.net

I don't know if it is a human being who recieves emails to this address though but it may be worth a try....

tinman

Casual Member
email and web site has vanished completely.....

Well i wasn't too confident of Breathes abilities to keep things up and running and tonight they have confirmed my fears....

My web site has disappeared and I can't get access to my email account again....

Breathe really needs to "give itself a good shake", "take itself outside and give itself a good talking to" and get things sorted for good...

Looks like my third complaint will be on its way to ISPA....

tinman9898

mysterious problems at Breathe...

checked ecosse.net mail and web space this morning and it would appear to be back online again.....

It would seem that Breathes servers are not the most reliable, working for a while then offline then working again... Not the kind of reliabilty required for a service that you may be hosting any kind of business web site or email with....

Where are those nice reliable people at Calico when you need them?

KJF

Beware Breathe

I am sorry that you are all now in the breathe net. I have been trying without success to get my MAC number out of them so that I can migrate to an ISP that is cheaper and actually works 90% of the time.:mad:

ijm_scot

Casual Member
Email down again?

Is it just be or is it down again? Maybe they have changed my password AGAIN?

I've managed to change over to a live account for most stuff but not all...

:mad:

tinman

Casual Member
breathe and ecosse....

well, my email and web space seems to be working again but my mum has had several emails vanish from her inbox since the last outage. Whether they will show up again the future is anyones guess......:hrmph:

shenval

Casual Member
Breathe no more

Well I am fed up of the unreliable service with breathe and have opened a googlemail email address which works a treat and will even automatically pick up emails from my former ecosse.net address. Just a shame that I have lost the ecosse.net email address thanks to those incompetent people at breathe though.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules