Sponsored

breathe and ecosse.net

champanyie

Casual Member
hooray!

Finally I have my Draft emails back. The reason for the delay was that Breathe support didn't consider that, with Ecosse.net, draft emails were held in the Inbox and not in a separate drafts folder and therefore overlooked them.

They have now gone back and migrated them. Wonder if anyone else is in the same situation?

Cheers to all

PS. I have moved my drafts to googlemail now too.

Highlander

Casual Member
Hey, lo and behold, I got a mail from the leeches today .... it's going to cost me £19.95 pa to get my mail from ecosse.net now. I suppose it wasn't going to be free forever.

So .... do I stump up and keep my address that I'm very attached to? Or time to look at registering my own domain?

champanyie

Casual Member
Ecosse POP3 and SMTP don't seem to work now with my Outlook Express, probably as some kind of "reminder" to upgrade.

I have had this email address for 8 years so it seems a shame to see it go.

Nevertheless, I urge all ex-ecosse people to cancel their accounts with Breathe as it would be wrong for this outfit to receive any money from us.

Paul

Hey, lo and behold, I got a mail from the leeches today .... it's going to cost me £19.95 pa to get my mail from ecosse.net now. I suppose it wasn't going to be free forever.

So .... do I stump up and keep my address that I'm very attached to? Or time to look at registering my own domain?

tinman9898

charging for email

yes, unless you dial in using the ecosse.net connection they want to charge you £20 for access to your email. All this will do is make their customers use other free services.

here are some free alternatives to ecosse.net...

googlemail

yahoo mail

hotmail

looks as though as soon as I can find some other free web space I'll be leaving ecosse behind... Breathe have really screwed up a good service.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
depending on how much webspace is needed manyu ISPs give some with ADSL orders I know Aquiss does.

tinman9898

Breathe have really shot themselves in the foot. They have blocked access to your email from non ecosse.net connections and then tell you that you have to login on the ecosse.net 'my account' page to upgrade to a pay service to access your email.

However when you try to do this you can't login.... ( not that I want to give the money grabbers any more of my money than I have to. Just tried it to see if it worked. :) )

How to lose all your customers in one easy move.... well done Breathe! No wonder you have gone out of business several times in the past!

Forwarding e-mails from Ecosse to another address

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how to amend my ecosse account so that it automatically forwards e-mails to my new e-mail address?

Thanks

Shantiprabha

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1445)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1113)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (923)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules