Sponsored Links

Breathe Apologises For E-Mail Outage

Several Days??

"The CEO of UK ISP Breathe Internet, Marcus East, has apologised to customers after a botched e-mail platform upgrade left many unable to access their messages for several days."

I'm very pleased that Marcus East is apologising for customers not being able to access their messages for "several days". I'm wondering what his definition of several days is. In my case I have had no email access (either webmail or pop) since at least 4 April. Still, I don't know why I'm complaining, after all, it'll only be another "few days" until the service is completely up and running again!!

Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering what Marcus East's definition of a few days is :rolleyes:

The Register

The Register had also picked-up this story, although the slant given by the BreatheCEO is a little rose-tinted:
www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/19/breathe_email_upgrade_snafu

Breathe's Customer Care had (16-April) been telling its customers that we cannot have our original @breathemail.net eMail address(es) back, both our signup's and any added secondaries, which became defunct in the wake of Breathe mishandling migrating its mailservers from ones Tiscali supplied over to Spider-Networks.

Regular eMail to both @breathemail.net or its later @breathe.com alias upto 4-April 6PM is fetchable from the POP3 server "tiscalipop3.breathe.com"; eMail to @breathemail.net accounts from 19-April 9PM is fetchable from the POP3 server "pophost1.breathe.co.uk"; and eMail to its recently-divorced @breathe.com alias is fetchable from the POP3 server "pophost1.breathe.com", which also holds duplicates of anything upto 4-April from their "Fetch existing IMAP mail" option in webmail. I can now also access its Portal via http://webmail.breathemail.net

Is 15-days of eMail and our eMail addresses a disposable product of our ISP? Customers appear to have been left hacking our own solution for eMail services and exchanging them on its Portal's Forum, whilst Breathe Networks (1and1.co.uk) orchestrated migrations (Spider-Networks.net), Mobile SMS integrations (TanlaSolutions.com), and attracted further ISP brands (Biscit/Maxsurf).

Our defunct Outgoing SMTP mail-server "mailhost.breathemail.net" works inconjunction with our old PAYG dial-up Internet connection (0845-6652056 public username "breathe" with any password) last-updated April-06 in the Breathe Dialer program's Dial Plan v4, which still uses Tiscali according to IP-Lookup. The new PAYG dial-up Internet connection (0845-0798888) is refusing to authenticate our original private or the old public username & password, despite advertising that "you can use the username breathe with any password."

Sponsored Links
resurrection

A good friend has received some sort of notification concerning their breathemail email account and potential disruption.

Although this is not an ISP issue so far as I know it is of concern to them and they are, I think, soliciting payment of some kind. My friend's sole concern is to keep her email address.

Can anyone shed any light or opinions on the matter for me? Scroogle has not been my friend

In order to save money Breathe have been moving their mail servers around, and they did give notification of this.

It appears all has not gone to plan, hence the disruption.
give it time, it will sort itself out.

It looks also as if their payments system has been affected, as I have just been charged £2 more this month than usual, no notice of any increase and the website (Fast4) still shows the original price.

I sent a support note yesterday and today received:

"A recent database fault resulted in some accounts being reset with their billing to earlier values; this is why you have been overcharged.

I have ensured going forward your billing is restored to £6.99 and have refunded to you £2.00 for your July over sbscription as well.

Kind Regards,
-Paul "

So panic over..

Last edited:
Hmm - with regard to the Zetnet (now Breathe) accounts it's not resolved by any means!!

well that info from Breathe is total BS as the pophost1.breathe.co.uk servers are not working. Actually they are working but only letting about 1 out of every 400 or more. e mails through. The whole thing reeks as do Breathes all round service. I am out of the sinking ship quick smart. I cannot function with no incoming mail.

Sponsored Links
By the way, it is an ISP problem as from my perspective as a @breathe.co.uk customer. Spider Networks were my old e mail handler for Breathe. They ceased service because Breathe ha not paid them in a long time. That qualifies to me as an ISP problem. Breathes customer service is pitiful. Their DNS a joke, needing regular reconnects to get to work and their once steady speeds are lately all over the place. I am thanfully years out of contract so I'm off to Sky. I give up on trying to find a decent uncapped service.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules