Sponsored

Breathe & Maxsurf

BreatheCEO

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that Breathe has been asked by EurISP to help sort out the difficulties that former Biscit customers are facing.

To that end, we have agreed to take over the provision of services to Maxsurf customers, and will be contacting them shortly to discuss this.

In answer to the questions that you are likely to ask, we have established an FAQ page for you here:

http://www.breathe.com/maxsurf

The first thing I would like to say is that you do not need to panic - we are not going to cut anyone off, we are not going to wall-garden you and we are not to force you to make a decision about a new package yet.

Instead, you can continue to use your Internet connection without charge, courtesy of Breathe Networks & EurISP :)

We are importing Maxsurf customer data into our systems and that will allow our Customer Care team to service you and to provide you with MAC codes if you need them, although we'd ask you to bear with us until Thursday when EurISP will have provided all the details for us.

We will provide MAC codes free-of-charge, but as your connection is not in danger, we hope that you don't mind waiting a few days before we can do that for you.

Our team will announce details of the new packages soon!

I'll keep you posted.

Yours,

M.

JeffShepherd

Pro Member
Not a v21/Biscit customer anymore but I'd like to say well done Breathe for helping out current customers who have found themselves in no mans land.

atalanta

Casual Member
Not such a happy person I'm afraid

Up until a few days ago, I'd never even heard of v21, biscit or Breathe (sorry about that) but I've educated myself extremely rapidly which is how I've ended up here (amongst other places.) The reason for all the detective work is because I have a friend who was/is a v21/biscit customer and has gone through turmoil for the last 6 months, the latter weeks being the worst. If I had not stepped in to help him, he wouldn't even know about any of the goings on and would still be desperately sending emails off to non-existent addresses etc.

I'm not very knowledgeable about all this 'isp', 'browsers' and what have you, but I certainly know more than him and if it hadn't been for me and my suspicions, he would even have paid the £100 that biscit were telling him he had to pay as a 'cancel subscription' charge when he was trying to get away from them because he was so fed up of it all (his access was diabolical and he kept losing it). They had already started taking a months payment every two weeks before I stepped in, the last one being taken on March 3rd. That payment meant he was paid up to May 2nd but of course, his money has gone nowhere and he has no internet access whatsoever.

It's quite difficult because I'm having to try and get information from him to try and get the answers he needs and I'm having to do it all by text messaging. Don't get me wrong, he is an extremely intelligent man but the internet and its providers are not an area within his expertise. Obviously, if he had ACCESS to the internet, it would be easier for him to find out information and for us to communicate, but he HASN'T. (If he had his access to the internet, I wouldn't have a need to be here!)

I know for a fact that he is/was on dial-up due to the area he lives in but I'm not sure about MAXSURF and neither is he so that probably means he isn't using it! He tried to sign up for a dial-up account with Breathe but he said it isn't working and yet the money has been taken from his account. I'm assuming that the reason it isn't working is because he's got to wait for a disc to be sent to him. Am I right or not? Another problem he has is that he has to have smtp - pop3 for Outlook Express in order to be able to email.

If I sound like a relative novice as regards all this, its because I am so if anyone has any ideas that I could use or pass on, I (WE) would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Jane

BreatheCEO

Connection

Hi Jane,

The best way to get it resolved would be for one of you to contact our Customer Support line with this account details, and they should be able to help him with any problems with his account.

They can be contacted on: 0870 747 3970 which is a national rate number.

Regarding Biscit/V21 - certainly do not pay any money to them - I understand that they are still taking direct debit / credit card payments and I encourage any customers with mandates in place to cancel them.

M.

interplain

Casual Member
Hi Breathe Rep, could you tell me if Breathe accept Direct Debit payments. I would be willing to sign up to breathe if the option was on the signup page. I am a Maxsurf user and i attempted to register. But the only option of payment was by Debit/Credit cards. With all the knowlage i have gained with Biscit, this would be a VERY big turn off for all Ex V21/Biscit customers, with the only way of stopping payments by this method is by changing the Debit card account details. I understand you maynot be in a position to change this collection of information on the site, but it needs to be looked at.

Thank you.

stuartp44

Casual Member
Hi Breathe Rep, your packages are very tempten but currently i am NOT signing up to any broadband company that tye people up to a 12months contract, epsally after the biscit wond.

interplain

Casual Member
It's probly to regain some of the money they may have had to pay Eurisp/Your comms for the v21/Biscit subsciption Database. Only a guess. Nothing is for free, and nothing is given in the UK. LoL

Last edited:

atalanta

Casual Member
Thank you M

Hello M,

Thank you for the advice. I do believe that he's already cancelled all his mandates to them. On this occasion, I believe my suspicious nature and intuition actually prooved useful. :)

I shall certainly talk to him about phoning customer services but if we do, I may have to drop your name into the conversation. Sorry about that but when in dire straits, one has to use the weapons at ones disposal. :)

Thanks again
Jane

BreatheCEO

Hello M,

Thank you for the advice. I do believe that he's already cancelled all his mandates to them. On this occasion, I believe my suspicious nature and intuition actually prooved useful. :)

I shall certainly talk to him about phoning customer services but if we do, I may have to drop your name into the conversation. Sorry about that but when in dire straits, one has to use the weapons at ones disposal. :)

Thanks again
Jane
Hi Jane,

It would probably be easier for you to send me your friend's details in a PM and I will get someone to call you - that will be a lot more effective than even dropping my name into the conversation, and will save you the 60p per minute too :)

M.

BreatheCEO

Direct Debit

Hi Breathe Rep, could you tell me if Breathe accept Direct Debit payments. I would be willing to sign up to breathe if the option was on the signup page. I am a Maxsurf user and i attempted to register. But the only option of payment was by Debit/Credit cards. With all the knowlage i have gained with Biscit, this would be a VERY big turn off for all Ex V21/Biscit customers, with the only way of stopping payments by this method is by changing the Debit card account details. I understand you maynot be in a position to change this collection of information on the site, but it needs to be looked at.

Thank you.
Hello. Yes, we accept payment by Direct Debit, and a lot of customers pay this way.

However, you don't have to worry too much about Credit Card payments as our customers can amend / cancel and edit payment details online through our 'My Account' facility.

If you email us to maxsurf@breathe.net we will be happy to take you through the option.

BreatheCEO

Contract Terms

Hi Breathe Rep, your packages are very tempten but currently i am NOT signing up to any broadband company that tye people up to a 12months contract, epsally after the biscit wond.
Hi.

Sorry to hear that you don't like the sound of our package terms, but they reflect the penalties that there are to us if customers terminate contracts early.

However, we are reviewing this and we will make sure that the final offers that you reflect any changes that we decide to make.

Thanks,

M.

NetFan

Top Member
ISP's should offer a maximum of a 3 month cointract IMO. 1 year is a very long time in the ISP world

atalanta

Casual Member
Wonderful

Hi M,

That's an excellent idea! At least whoever calls will know I'm not making it up. I'd have bluffed my way through it but yours is a much better suggestion. :)

I shall obtain his details tomorrow and send them to you. (60p a minute!! Thats atrocious!) :eek:

Thanks again :)
Jane

claudine

Casual Member
atalanta, since your friend is only using dialup, why don't you get them to use one of those free month's trial discs that fall out of all the computer magazines whenever you pick them up. Then he/she can decide which isp by visiting sites like this one. Doing it by text must be horrific for them! (and you)

atalanta

Casual Member
Thanks Claudine

Thats a really good idea. I shall certainly suggest that to him although he has already signed up and made his first payment with Breathe. What I didn't realise when I told him about it was the charges per minute to use the dial-up! I still haven't told him about that because to be honest, he's been through too much turmoil over everything as it is and he's at the stage of wanting to give up on it all altogether. I will tell him obviously, but I've got to choose my moment!

It is a nightmare trying to do everything by text but because of everything thats happened, even his landline isn't working properly. He lives in quite a rural area and for those of us who live in places where we have no problems getting internet, cable tv etc, it comes as quite an eye-opener to know that not everyone can do the same.

Thanks again for your suggestion, I shall pass it on. :)
Jane

h4nym

Casual Member
Marcus

I read that there were now only 1400 users on maxsurf - assume even half of them stay and move onto Breathe - that's 700. At a fiver a month of gross profit, that's just £40,000 per annum! Is this worth your while? I worry that if you can find 40k attractive, you're not big enough to handle the business!

Says a lot, though, doesn't it - about Praterson and Irrelevy - how they can destroy a company so comprehensively!

H

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
What I didn't realise when I told him about it was the charges per minute to use the dial-up!
Jane
If you signed up to the monthly dial up with the 0808 number there is no charge per min

BreatheCEO

Thats a really good idea. I shall certainly suggest that to him although he has already signed up and made his first payment with Breathe. What I didn't realise when I told him about it was the charges per minute to use the dial-up! I still haven't told him about that because to be honest, he's been through too much turmoil over everything as it is and he's at the stage of wanting to give up on it all altogether. I will tell him obviously, but I've got to choose my moment!

It is a nightmare trying to do everything by text but because of everything thats happened, even his landline isn't working properly. He lives in quite a rural area and for those of us who live in places where we have no problems getting internet, cable tv etc, it comes as quite an eye-opener to know that not everyone can do the same.

Thanks again for your suggestion, I shall pass it on. :)
Jane
Hello Jane,

Further to my PM, there are no charges per minute with a FRIACO or 0808 service - it is a fixed monthly account.

He may be having difficulties connecting because his landline may be dead as a result of the Biscit call package he was on, but someone will call him on his mobile later today to try and help him out :)

M.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2250)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1055)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules