Sponsored

Breathe & Maxsurf

atalanta

Casual Member
Calling M

Hi M

I'm definitely smiling. He didn't even get a call, he got home and discovered he had access. (His pop code for outlook express isn't working though! Just got another text... sorry about that. My brains starting to divide in two and my eyes are dividing. One is aimed at the computer, the other at my mobile! I'm going to end up looking like one of those funny pairs of glasses with the eyes popping out at this rate.)

The charges!! What can I say... my mistake. :eek:
I don't know where I saw that but I obviously wasn't looking in the right place. Sorry about that. :)

I think you're right about the reason that he's having trouble with his landline.

Thanks again M, your help has been much appreciated
Jane

max69

Casual Member
Help

Hi Marcus,
I am an ex v21/biscit customer and am now still connected thanks to your company. I am very grateful but will be asking for my Mac on thursday. My landlady (who works from home as a translator only by email) was so pissed off after the last few months of hell that she decided that after all it is better to pay less as there is never a guarantee of good service on the long run. So we are going to SkyBB. But this afternoon I ran into a problem. I cannot send emails anymore because I use the biscit smtp server. Could you give me the address of yours? Thanks for everything you have already done and I hope your company will prosper in the future.
Regards,
Max

max69

Casual Member
Hi smoothound,
what I meant is that I just need the smtp address. I have had the same address for ten years that dates back to my french isp in france. I still use their pop server and there is no problem, whatever ISP I used from then(loads!!!). But to use it from an email sotware like OE or Thunderbird, Evolution whatever, I always need the smtp server related to my ISP. But I dont use their addresses. My address is @tiscali.fr. Thanks for your help,
Max

PS I used out.biscit.net

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Hi smoothound,
what I meant is that I just need the smtp address. I have had the same address for ten years that dates back to my french isp in france. I still use their pop server and there is no problem, whatever ISP I used from then(loads!!!). But to use it from an email sotware like OE or Thunderbird, Evolution whatever, I always need the smtp server related to my ISP. But I dont use their addresses. My address is @tiscali.fr. Thanks for your help,
Max

PS I used out.biscit.net
If your old account doesn't allow you to use their SMTP server with authentication enabled, then you can register your other email accounts within your gmail account (they send you an email to authenticate the address is yours).

Then you can use gmail's smtp server in your email client to send emails from your non-gmail addresses. It uses port 465 (with SSL & authenticaion enabled )which has the advantage that ISPs don't block or intercept emails sent using gmails server.

Fractionman

So does this action apply to anyone with an @maxsurf login to their v21 account? I ask because i'm assuming it is you fellows who are keeping my internet running at the moment.
If so, how long can I expect to be able to use this internet connection for? I'm planning on migrating as soon as possible, but the only reason I stayed with v21 for so long was waiting for another supplier to come into the area sometime next month.

MY confusion stems from the fact that I originally signed with V21 several years ago, and it's been handed through so many companies i'm not even sure where I should be checking to see what's going on, but since i'm still connected I figure this is a good place to start.

max69

Casual Member
Thanks Mel,
I tried what you said and put smtp.googlemail.com as my outgoing server and tried with SSL port 465 but no luck. So I tried what Google Help says and put port 585 with tsl but it did not work either. I am a bit lost:crap: . Thank you all for your help.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
first off: Enable POP access (and click save settings) in gmail - under settings-> Forwarding and POP

Click on the "Accounts" tab in gmail and add the email address you want to send from and click the confirmation link in the email gmail sends to that account.

In OE, I have changed my Outgoing SMTP server to "smtp.gmail.com"
under "outgoing mail server" on the same tab, I have "my server requires authentication" ticked and clicking on the settings button to get to the outgoing mail server pane "logon using" selected with my gmail account name and password. (secure password authentication is NOT ticked)

On the advanced tab, under outgoing mail: I have "This server requires a secure connection [ssl]" ticked and the Outgoing mail SMTP: set to port 465

max69

Casual Member
Thanks Mel,
that's what I did already but with smtp.googlemail.com so I tried with smtp.gmail.com but still nothing. I am using thunderbird by the way but it does not matter (im on gnu/linux). Still no luck.

Is anyone else getting extremely poor performance

Hi

I'm a maxsurf login - even though I cancelled and asked for my MAC last August (and that's a helluva story...) I'm getting wierd performance, lots of websites not accessible, some still accessible, running very slow. Is anyone else getting this? is it caused by the biscit problems or has something changed. These problems appear to have occurred in the last two/three days.

Rgds

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2539)
  2. FTTP (2260)
  3. FTTC (1680)
  4. Building Digital UK (1618)
  5. Politics (1448)
  6. Openreach (1433)
  7. Business (1261)
  8. Statistics (1115)
  9. FTTH (1107)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (925)
  13. Wireless Internet (921)
  14. 4G (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules