Sponsored Links

Breathe Networks Acquires Small UK ISP Zetnet

I am a long-time Zetnet customer. Although I was driven here by a breakdown in my email yesterday, it has been apparent that the great service I used to get when Zet was a truly independent ISP (how they dare to continue to make this claim beats me!) has been decaying fast.

Yesterday and today the only mail I have received has been spam directed at my primary address. I don't use this address; the one I publish is the one attached to my website (hosted by Zet), which is routinely forwarded to my POP mailbox.

It isn't happening. The contact number informs me that "there is a high volume of calls; please try later", and then hangs up on me. At 10p a pop!

I am inviting any and all comments from Zetnet customers.

I am inviting and and all comments from the few remaining (wonderful) real Zetnet workers.

I am desperate!

zetnet incompetance

We have had no email for 2 days. Today I had to register a new domain with another service provider as I've been unable to contact zetossers. We are a medium sized businsess that depends on email - these guys are complete tossers I truly hope they go down the tubes.

Sponsored Links
Zetnet have treated me very well for at least ten years...

Now I only get the recorded messages at "10p a pop" - so with no communication from Zet or Breathe I have to ask "is this the end of Zetnet and Breathe?

Next question is: how do I get my primary address on another server ASAP? My domain is tied in to Zetnet via Nominet.

This problem has been going on since 9/06/2009 at 20:21, the last communication I had on my primary account! :eek:((

Zetnet chaos

The last emails I received were on Monday 29th June since when I have been unable to contact Zetnet by any medium and completing a Missing Mailbox Recovery report on their website has yielded nothing.
Does anyone know if the company is still trading or can give any indication if this is likely to be resolved.
This is the last thing that my small business struggling through the recession needs right now!
I'm also desperate.

Zet misery

I contacted Breathe and they suggested I pay £0.60 per minute to talk to them. Zetnet have still made no contact with me, nothing at all...:mad:

zetnet woes

I've been with zetnet since september 2003. Regrettably I've just paid for another 90 days. I did manage to contact them on Friday July 3rd 2009, they told me that email would work again in an hour. This was a lie as 80 hours later - nowt. I still have internet but I will leave this once brilliant firm ASAP. I now have to use a Yahoo email address. I presume, that breathe will soon go the way of BL and democracy in the uk. Usual thing brit management seem to think customers are in some way beholden to them. Years ago when I worked in industry, there was a poster up which read 'The management doesn't pay your wages - the customers do that'. So I shall do as the Americans say, and vote with my feet.

Sponsored Links
Zetnet have treated me very well for at least ten years...

Now I only get the recorded messages at "10p a pop" - so with no communication from Zet or Breathe I have to ask "is this the end of Zetnet and Breathe?

Next question is: how do I get my primary address on another server ASAP? My domain is tied in to Zetnet via Nominet.

This problem has been going on since 9/06/2009 at 20:21, the last communication I had on my primary account! :eek:((

If you log in to your control area at Nominet you can change the TAGS on your Domain to those of a new Hosting company.
You'll need to find a new company to host your Domain first though + you'll need to know what TAGS they use.
Nominet do charge for this service - £10 + VAT , but that might be better than waitng for a reply from Breathe.

Zetnet dead

Well, it's the end for me and Zetnet. I've been a customer of theirs for over 12 years but I've just been left for dead. Nothing works, their MotD says everything's fine but it clearly isn't. They don't answer their phones, they don't answer emails, I've even written to them by snailmail but no reply. There's no newsgroups, no mail, nothing. Where before I could ring Paul and within minutes it'd all be working, now - nothing.

I've had no notification that anything was to change, there's no support so that's it, I'm making damned sure they can't have any of my money when February rolls round again.

Skipweasel.

Hi Skipweasel if you paid 12months in advance I would go to trading standards also complain to the ADR that Breathe have to by law be registered with.

Sponsored Links
Spider Net were the old mail handlers for Breathe. Breathe have not paid their bills and Spider Networks have withdrawn their service. Breathe have filled the gap but NO mail is getting through. Spider Networks kindly offered all Breathe customers their original e mail account back so that they would be able to access anything that they had kept via the web based service. However, Breathe have blocked any access to the sign up page which may not be ilegal as it contains Breathe in the address. However, Breathe have also blocked access to Spider Networks own website which is ilegal. Are we suddenly living in China? Not only that but Breathes DNS service has been a joke for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe even longer. I often have to reset my router 4 or 5 times just to get a few seconds worth of internet access. Sometimes though it lasts for sometime as it is now. I have raised a ticket with Breathes online garbage support and info service. I will also be contacting OFCOM later today. I suggest that any Breathe cunstomers get out now before we end up in the same situation that first landed us with Breathe. ie the famous V2(?) walled garden affair. I'm going to Sky this week. I'm sick of paying 30 quid a month for a pathetic service. I will keep you updated on their lame excuses for blocking access to Spider Networks website.
I so do not need this right now as my ex has taken my 1 year old daughter 400 miles away and the only way I can see her is by webcam. I also rely on my e mail to keep in touch with my new girlfriend who lives in Washington USA.
I am so disgusted by Breathes appalling service.

However, Breathe have also blocked access to Spider Networks own website
Am I right in remembering that they have done this kind of thing before? Was it this forum or the vitalvictims forum that they blocked back in the day, or both?

the famous V2(?) walled garden affair
Something that has been done more than once before. Though sometimes it's done through necessity, rather than evil intent (no, really, if perhaps rarely).

Speaking of users, where have they all gone?
According to one of the recent Reg articles, Breathe has 25,000 at the moment, but according to an older article, they had 50,000* back in 2001. Do less people have internet access these days? Does this show that the internet was just a passing fad, or is this just proof of what happens when you have no respect for your customers?

* not counting the alleged 650,000 portal users since this was at the tail end of the "portals print money" myth when people were waking up a bit. The number might have been a bit of a porky too, since the page stats had a slight divergence from the ones that had been previously touted in press releases.

One route none of you have considered is to contact your MP's to officially complain about OFCOM's lack of power to make companies behaving either adhere to the rules or close.

Has anyone an email address for Breathe that works and is likely to reach their admin people?

They appear to not advertise ANY on their site - they plainly want to rake in as much as possible from the phone line. The one given to me my tech support on the phone doesn't work emailsupport at breatheinternet.com

Many thanks

I just received an email from Nominet telling me that ZETNET cannot register .uk domains anymore. I've been with ZETNET for 5 years and recently renewed my Domain name registration with them until April 2011. Nominet confirmed the registration renewal at the time.

Now they are saying I will have to find a new tag provider, or pay them £92.00 for the privilege of having them (Nominet) register my domain name. If I, and presumably ZETNET have already paid the registration until 2011 (I have the Nominet email to confirm this), how can they charge me again? I realise that I will have to probably pay for hosting again, but this just seems like daylight robbery.

Again, I am just a person with a hobby website, not a huge company, or any type of company at all.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reasonably-priced reliable provider?

Eless

Sponsored Links
Hi. Need to get customer support mail to Breath. Use this portal https://secure.breathebilling.com/cust_myacc/files/maMain.asp
Just use whatever e mail ady you have for your login and the password that goes with said addy. I warn you though. Breathe tech support know nothing about the internet and will try and confuse you with total BS. The only way I have found to get proper responses from them is to threaten them with anything that you can, including leaving. As they did not advise on the change in e mail provider and the e mail is still not working ( I had 2 test e mails sent from the States day before yesterday which haven't arrived) I would consider them in breach of contract so you should be able to threaten to leave without much problem. Breathe suck and I would so love to get one of their reps on here so we could virtually tear him a new one. I am simply waiting for a day when I have the patience to phone through to the always helpful peeps at Sky and see what deal I can get out of them. Always haggle for everything with Sky. I always get fantastic discounts.
Anyway, good luck.
Simon

Thanks, Sibear,

I have just phoned Nominet and they are saying that I got this email because Breath Internet have acquired Zetnet - there is no need to worry, as if everything is working normally, they expect everything to be settled in the next 3 days.

They also say, that as my domain was recently renewed, I can ignore the paragraph about Nominet charging £92 for it.

I asked about changing registrar and hosting facilities and was told this may not be necessary - to 'wait and see'. Meanwhile, I have to try to contact Zetnet by email, when I know you guys have been trying that and got no joy.

So why the h*ll send the email in the first place??

Eless

One route none of you have considered is to contact your MP's to officially complain about OFCOM's lack of power to make companies behaving either adhere to the rules or close.
That *is* a very good point and worth people following up. Might also be something for the Department of Business And Stuff Like That (as per next bit).

I wonder also if there is more to be made of this - if we recall, Fast4 was bought by breathe a bit over a year ago for an undisclosed sum, the fast4 management went on to work for breathe and have now bought the whole lot back (with extras) at a knock-down price after it went bust on their watch. Is that a fair summary?

If so, does this or does this not sound utterly dodgy?

Fast Bank Robbery

Fast4 (Breathe) have today taken £8.99 out of my bank account for dialup subscription, I was informed by email from support@fast4.net .
It is normally £6.99, as stated on current Fast4 website.
They have taken extra money without notice or permission.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules