Sponsored

Breathe providing internet until 10th now

mrmt32

Casual Member
Just got this in my email inbox:

"...it's amazing what happens when you breathe!"

As you may have heard, Breathe Networks (breathe) has agreed to take over the provision of Internet services to MaxSurf customers, all of whom were affected when Biscit Internet Limited (Biscit) ceased trading on 5th March 2007.

Since 15th March 2007, your Internet services have been provided to you free-of-charge by breathe, but to continue our service to you, we need you to agree to be one of our customers!

We are now delighted to announce a range of new packages and offers that will allow you to continue using your existing service. These can be found at http://www.breatheinternet.com/maxsurf.

By choosing one of our new breathe packages, you can ensure your connection remains undisturbed, and you will be able to sign up a new breathe.co.uk email address with a range of additional services such as online photo-albums and file storage depending on the package that you choose.

You are already on our network, so you do not need to do anything other than choose the package that suits yours needs best, confirm your payment details and you will be able to continue using your Internet connection as normal with no interruptions and no down-time.

As well as providing a much higher level of customer service than you will have experienced with Biscit or V21, we also have a range of packages starting at just £9.99 per month.

If you have any further queries please contact our Sales Team on 0800 078 9180. They will be delighted to help you choose the package that is right for you (Calls to this number are free from standard BT Lines. Calls from other providers and mobiles may vary. Lines are open 8am-midnight 7 days a week.)

If you are one of the many customers who have already signed up to one of our packages, I would like to thank you for choosing breathe, and you do not need to take any further action.

If you haven't decided yet then don't worry, you have until 10th April 2007 to do so, and we look forward to welcoming you as a breathe customer in the near future!

Yours,

Marcus
Marcus East
Chief Executive Officer
Sky are supposed to transfer me over on the 10th (according to bt's website anyway) so seems like great timing for me. Also helpful for all of you still without MAC codes...

Robg

Casual Member
It's not quite that simple to transfer it seems. I appreciate what Breathe have done for ex V21/Biscit customers and their packages look quite good, so I decided to join their Silver Service, I went through the sales phone line and explained I'm an ex- Maxsurf etc. I was then told that it would take up to approx. 14 days and that my router etc. would need to be re-configured. I did join, but one of the attractions was the apparently "effortless" transfer which it isn't. My concern is that I'm off abroad in 10 day's time and my wife, who is even less technically minded than me, will be left without a connection which she depends on for email etc.
Robg

Skip_intro

i too am off to Sky...how do i go about checking when I will be migrated?

cheers.
It takes about 14 days plus 3 to 4 due to 'high demand', and you get a letter to tell you this. The letter also tells you to wait until you get an e-mail before you plug your kit in. Don't bother waiting for this, even if you have some form of 'net connection, as mine has yet to arrive and I've been connected for a week or so... :hrmph:

mrmt32

Casual Member
i too am off to Sky...how do i go about checking when I will be migrated?

cheers.
Go to https://www2.bt.com/business/youraccount

Login (or sign up if you dont have an account), click "go" under "Track your orders" and select "Track your landline Order". This will give a list of all the orders placed on your line (including the migration) and will show a "We can do this on" date.

The sky migration should have somthing like the below in its details (well mine does anyway):
PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

It takes about 14 days plus 3 to 4 due to 'high demand', and you get a letter to tell you this. The letter also tells you to wait until you get an e-mail before you plug your kit in. Don't bother waiting for this, even if you have some form of 'net connection, as mine has yet to arrive and I've been connected for a week or so...
sendpm.gif
When did you get your router and the letter delivered? They said up to 5 days for me, (it was the fifth day today). Does the letter come with the router? (I did get a letter the other that just gave me a password but no other details; not even a user-name :shrug: ).

jertzy

thanks for the info guys, checked it and nothing online. Rang Sky & my order has mysteriously been cancelled (they think it might have been the MAC code that was the problem!) they have re-submitted so i'll check laters.

Not a good start & the MAC expires on 21/4..!!

kelbag

Well i'm now connected to sky, hats off to them actually. they said the 4th and at 9am this morning my biscit/breathe connection died 5 mins later i was back up and running with sky.
Thanks to everyone for all their help, i'm just happy it's all over and i had a trouble free migration

Jimbo1960

Casual Member
Kelbag,
Did you have to swap to their (sky) router or are you using your old one?
How long did it take from the time you placed the order with Sky?
Jimbo

kelbag

Jimbo1960,
I had to swap to theirs but it's the same model as i was using anyway netgear 834dg and it took about 10 days from start to finish

JaXanim

Casual Member
Kelbag,
Did you have to swap to their (sky) router or are you using your old one?
How long did it take from the time you placed the order with Sky?
Jimbo
I'm waiting for the Sky stuff to arrive too. You're tied to using their 'free' wireless router because your password is 'hard wired' into it. That means it's no good for anything else than Sky Boadband. I guess their £40 connection charge more than pays for the 'free' hardware, but you also have to shell out for a wireless NIC if you're presently on a wired system. You'd have thought they could have chucked one in with the deal, tsch! Anyway, it's over 5 days since I signed up and no parcel thus far. I've had a letter confirming my login and email address, but nothing to say when it's all gonna happen. I've little doubt I'll be turfed out by Breathe before my Sky goes live so it's looking like a free as you go dialup for a few days. I made sure I had all the old gear so there's no hitch. Everything works OK, but dialup seems very unstable these days and I'm beginning to wonder how anybody can actually use it. You get what you pay for eh?

JaX

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I'm pretty sure sky provide a Netgear DG834GT router with customised firmware. This should have 4 ethernet ports so no need to go wireless.

I've also read it is possible to extract your password from it and to reflash it with standard Netgear Firmware (or perhaps even this http://dragonslight.altervista.org/ubergt/index.html ) but that should wait until you've left Sky, because using another router is a breach of contract.

As for dial-up it is very poor value for money when ISPs like AOL (and Sky if you can get it) are prepared to give you broadband for under ten quid a month.

jertzy

anyone been cut off yet? My migration isn't due til 17th so hoping to last a bit longer.....

blane

Casual Member
Still going, bless it

So far so good. I'm off to BT tomorrow sometime, so I should only be disconnected for a few hours - if all goes well.

None of my BT gear has arrived yet, mind you...

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
I'm off to Aquiss on the 13th. they checked my line yesterday and there is no cease on it so I may be in luck :eek:

Aquiss have been excellent so far: their customer service line is a revelation :D friendly, helpful and effiecient; its like another world........

dubbie

Evening all, just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.
I'm in the process of joining sky, but am still awaiting the infamous broadband box, yet my live date should be today..Speed test still shows my ISP as eurisp, yet my speeds are up at 1.5M down .5up, my old V21 connection was only good for 512, does this mean that my switch over to sky connect is imminent? Thought I'd ask as I could get cut off!!!

blane

Casual Member
the 11th and still online

Good old Breathe and EurISP! I'm still online, the BT gear has arrived, but EurISP is still manning the servers. Not bad, nah?

blane

Casual Member
And hello BT...

Well, the BT gear arrived, is installed and running, and speeds have pretty much doubled - mind you, it's still only around 2 meg but it's better than it was with V21. Connection was off for around an hour at midnight or so last night, when it suddenly burst into life at around 2.25 mbps. Think I'd better move next door to the nearest exchange to get it going even faster, or perhaps persuade BT to update the nigh-on Victorian phone lines round my neck of the woods.

Any road up, good luck to all you who are on the move.

stuartp44

Casual Member
Thats me, i am now a SKY broadband customer and so fair i cannot fault the ultra speed and also the easyist install to date :)

Just waiting for the router to bed in and give me 16mb instead of the 8mb i am getting at the moment, i got this before going to adsl2+

I dont know if i am still getting 8mb because its two days before my offical activation date! so hope i get better speed :), but what i can say is my breathe was turned off this morning

Very happy customer so far, very recommended

ziggycat

Pro Member
I have been on TalkTalk for a week now and its fantastic, even using wireless with my DG834GT which other people have had proplems with on LLU.

Speed fantastic too.

Bit of a question though if anyone can help?

On wireless I get 3300 kb/s but if I hardwire the connection I get 4400 kb/s, any idea why this would be? I though the speed of wireless by far outsripped anything you could put through a phone line.

tracker

ULTIMATE Member
And so it does...but the signal that you are getting via wireless is coming from where...and that is connected to what?.....Think about it ziggycat ;)

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2198)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1426)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1038)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (907)
  14. 4G (899)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules