Sponsored

Breathe = VitalData/VISP

The Yeti

Title says it all ... go look under these names elsewhere in these forums for more info/complaints/etc.

Doctor_Wibble

Top Member
Indeed...

Though be aware that there is a *new* company called VitalData Ltd (no.05010529) who as far as I can tell are completely unrelated.
The VitalData which we all know and love was officially renamed to Breathe Internet Ltd so don't go writing to the wrong people!

Having said that, yes - in essence - got it in one.

FWIW AIUI : VitalData Ltd. (no.04685199) was an off-the-shelf company using what appears to be a 'stock name'. I understand Companies House provides these for people starting a business.
'VitalData Ltd' as a company name has apparently been used previously by several ventures.

www.companieshouse.gov.uk has the info - I make no claims to be completely familiar with the ins and outs of the procedures...

The Yeti

From Breathe's Terms & Conditions :

"This Internet access package is introduced to you by Breathe Internet but is provided to you directly by breathe , which is a trading name of Net Access Limited (Registered No 4350807, 49a High Street, Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 7BD). These Terms and Conditions apply to the Internet Service provided to you by Breathe Internet and replace any previous agreement with Affinity Internet Limited and/or any other provider. "

Doctor_Wibble

Top Member
The Yeti said:
breathe , which is a trading name of Net Access Limited
Thought this might appear at some point. There was of course a Money Trail which gave a clear link but details couldn't be published. Nice to see that they have Come Out.
Is this a new addition to the breathe t&c or has it been there a while but nobody spotted/mentioned it?
The address given for the company's registered office will of course be familiar to many.

What a tangled web we weave!

The Yeti

Having a look around elsewhere, I see that this is common knowledge to some. Still I didn't notice until I was looking at the T&C yesterday - no idea how long they've been there.

If you look on the breathe website http://www.breathe.com/ , at the bottom, if you click on the ©net access , it'll link you through to their home page. They also own Blue Carrots, Bush Internet, i12, Mac Unlimited & Netcom UK.

One would've though they would be under a legal obligation to tell their customers of this change though ...

Doctor_Wibble

Top Member
The Yeti said:
©net access
Following that link goes to a page whose copyright would surely be in question (despite the domain name).
A quick 'view page source' (look near the end) on pages from that site will give significant hints as to the artistic inspiration for the design (ahem).

AFAICT *every single page* on that site contains a company blurb about "Atlanta-based InterTech Information Management Inc", who I thought had been taken over by 'ChartOne' a while back, unless this comes from some kind of sample template? (if so, should at least have been tidied up!).

Totally irrelevant of course but nitpicking is fun...

The Yeti said:
One would've though they would be under a legal obligation to tell their customers of this change though ...
I meant to look this one up a long time ago - though off the top of my head I would think that if there had been a change to a contract (one party replaced by another) then yes - definitely. However, given the 'standard' t&c of just about everybody these days, you'll probably find that any contract change (for ISPs at least) is done by an email notification sent a Reasonable Time in advance. 30 days seems to be the usual.
Also, these things seem to be covered by the purchase of 'the business' with all contracts included, so there is no contractual change to either party in the first instance, and anything thereafter can be done via email with the 30-day notice.

(slightly vague, but it's along those lines at any rate)

As for ISP 0wnage, see also http://www.netacquisitions.co.uk for 'related'.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It seems that we join a company say Gio, we give personal details and payment details ( card numbers Credit/debit) then all this info is kept on some computer database.. Now let us consider this where doe the individual stand with Data Protection surely the person who sets up this. I would have thought that any sale of the data the person whose name is on it should be given prior knowledge of this so they can some input. Peoples personal details are being passed to a third party is this not against the data protection, also if the ISP isn';t registered with the data protection they shouldn't be allowed to keep any personal data about customers.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Kits said:
It seems that we join a company say Gio, we give personal details and payment details ( card numbers Credit/debit) then all this info is kept on some computer database.. Now let us consider this where doe the individual stand with Data Protection surely the person who sets up this. I would have thought that any sale of the data the person whose name is on it should be given prior knowledge of this so they can some input. Peoples personal details are being passed to a third party is this not against the data protection, also if the ISP isn';t registered with the data protection they shouldn't be allowed to keep any personal data about customers.
I believe, though I might be wrong that once a company goes bust, the database is treated as an asset of the company and can legally be sold on by the receiver and that neither the DPA, nor the customers preferences can prevent this :(

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Mel said:
I believe, though I might be wrong that once a company goes bust, the database is treated as an asset of the company and can legally be sold on by the receiver and that neither the DPA, nor the customers preferences can prevent this :(
They haven't called in any receiver they have just pulled out of the ISP business and moved into the callcenter business in Pakistan.

Infact Activeware has changed its whois to

Domain Name:
activeware.co.uk

Registrant:
Freeway Solutions Ltd
Trading As: Activeware Consultants Limited

Registrant's Address:

Ayrshire
K** 1PG

Registrant's Agent:
Net Access Ltd [Tag = NETACCESSLTD]
URL: http://netaccessltd.com

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 06-Oct-2001
Renewal Date: 06-Oct-2005
Last updated: 18-May-2005

in companies house freeway was 16/05/2002 4.2(SC) NOTICE OF WINDING UP ORDER
and Gio's whois hasn't changed
Domain Name:
gioadsl.co.uk

Registrant:
Gio Internet

Registrant's Address:

Oldham
Greater Manchester
OL* *TD
GB

Registrant's Agent:
Net Access Ltd [Tag = NETACCESSLTD]
URL: http://netaccessltd.com

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 21-Jul-2003
Renewal Date: 21-Jul-2005
Last updated: 18-May-2005

Last edited:
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules