Sponsored Links

Broadband Help Needed

Alicefan

Hello,I`m looking for some help with a broadband issue. I am with Virginmedia and have 2 x V6 boxes one in the living room and another in a separate garden room. In the living room where the router is I`m getting 110 mbps but in the garden room I am only getting 20mbps, I want to be able to stream football etc with an Amazon firestick, the garden room has a separate electrical supply to the main house, I`ve tried the virgin boosters but they don`t work, I`ve also tried the BT Whole Home WI FI but that doesn`t work either. there is a brick wall and a 4 foot gap between the main house and garden room, would another router do the trick ( Virgin won`t provide another router as it`s 1 per household). I hope this makes some sense ,any help would be gratefully received. Thank You.

What quality you streaming? 20 meg should be enough.

Best way would be a cable to the TV from the router

Hello,I`m looking for some help with a broadband issue. I am with Virginmedia and have 2 x V6 boxes one in the living room and another in a separate garden room. In the living room where the router is I`m getting 110 mbps but in the garden room I am only getting 20mbps, I want to be able to stream football etc with an Amazon firestick, the garden room has a separate electrical supply to the main house, I`ve tried the virgin boosters but they don`t work, I`ve also tried the BT Whole Home WI FI but that doesn`t work either. there is a brick wall and a 4 foot gap between the main house and garden room, would another router do the trick ( Virgin won`t provide another router as it`s 1 per household). I hope this makes some sense ,any help would be gratefully received. Thank You.
Hi, its not a broadband issue by the sounds of it. It will probably be the internal network (your LAN) that is causing the problem/bottle neck. Using a physical cable like CAT6 cable (known as Ethernet cable) is always better than using Wi-Fi when it comes to connecting to the internet or a network (and more secure), if you cant use CAT cable then a good access point might help. I had customer last week with a similar issue he got a good access point & connected it to his router, problem solved.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules