Sponsored Links

BRSK Roll out

yuoan201

Casual Member
BRSK Rollout

I was asked when they appeared on ISPreview about keeping track of the progress, its now been around a month since then. The wait is because my area is not one of the first areas marked for rollout but nevertheless around 2 weeks ago Brsk conducted letterbox drops to inform the area about the rollout. But, this was a bit uneasy as my road does not have telegraph poles to easily use for rollout, using ducts instead. So when I saw today contractors on behalf of Brsk laying cable it was relieving. I'll keep you posted as the rollout continues.

Other Stuff;

In the initial article the only info about funding was about Advencap, yet in their recent community zoom session they claimed that for the Bingley area they were investing £3 million pounds.

It seems that most of the work is being conducted by contractors, with only final install having Brsk engineers come out, which makes sense given the company is relatively young.

Plus, I thought I was the only one in my area who registered interest for Brsk. Turns out I'm wrong, it seems many of my neighbors are also interested judging by their happiness to see the engineering workers.

Last edited:
Update

Brsk have greatly expanded their rollout plans, originally it seemed that they would only rollout in Keighley, Cottingley and Bingley. Yet, using their service map -- https://www.brsk.co.uk/check-your-coverage -- they now have plans to build in Heaton, Daisy Hill, Sandy Lane, Alllerton, Clayton and Queensbury. All near and around Bradford.

2 Months On...

Brsk, have not increased their portfolio of locations, still remaining the same, but it's slowly becoming evident that they are running into teething issues with the rollout progress. My locality originally was forecast to go live in August, which has now been delayed twice and the current forecast is in November. This issue not being exclusive to my area, shown with their coverage map that highlights the quite small 'live' area compared to the 'Inbuild' area. Additionally, the 'live' forecast for Daisy Hill still states September even though the majority is still marked as In Build on the coverage map. In finality, they falsely sent an email suggesting my area was 'live' which it wasn't but apologized quickly.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 194237.jpg
Screenshot 2021-10-04 194311.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have been in talks with them since I live in cullingworth, they have been very keen into installing it, I got a friend in Denholme to email too and they sound equally enthusiastic

Very interesting, judging by this map shown during their webinar for the Keighley area. It seems safe to assume they plan to scale up their network to include Cullingworth, Harden and Wilsden.

EDIT: They just updated Coverage Map to include Thornton

Screenshot_20211005-050525.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting, judging by this map shown during their webinar for the Keighley area. It seems safe to assume they plan to scale up their network to include Cullingworth, Harden and Wilsden.

EDIT: They just updated Coverage Map to include Thornton

View attachment 1637
What does the orange in this image mean? I see cullingworth is orange which means something and not nothing haha

My best guess is that it denotes different sections of the rollout they plan and the contractors they plan to use. Also showing the telecoms exchange in Keighley and Bingley, gives me the inclination to believe it relates to their rollout areas. As well as this, to my own knowledge I'm aware that all the work in Keighley is being handled by one contractor thus making me believe that they also denote that, though as you've pointed out this is all speculation.

Sponsored Links
My best guess is that it denotes different sections of the rollout they plan and the contractors they plan to use. Also showing the telecoms exchange in Keighley and Bingley, gives me the inclination to believe it relates to their rollout areas. As well as this, to my own knowledge I'm aware that all the work in Keighley is being handled by one contractor thus making me believe that they also denote that, though as you've pointed out this is all speculation.

It seems my hunch was right, their coverage map has now been updated to show plans to rollout to a number of smaller villages and towns including Cullingworth. Good luck on getting Fibre. All the best.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-081458.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-081458.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 220
It seems my hunch was right, their coverage map has now been updated to show plans to rollout to a number of smaller villages and towns including Cullingworth. Good luck on getting Fibre. All the best.
I saw that the other day; one of my friends made a post on cullingworth residents to say openreach is getting the sack🙈. Needless to say I'm already excited

Sponsored Links
All I will say now that when they provide a forecast for any of your own areas go ahead and at at least 6-8 months on to your forecasted go live date. I accept that during the build out of a network there are several unforeseen issues that could arise but Brsk have now delayed continually in my area now and seem unwilling to admit they are not really prepared to build out to such a large area. The main humility of it all is that the fibre cabling to the telegraph poles are complete and simply sit bundled waiting. They have a severe lack of fibre engineers overall it would seem, and them continuing to grow their planned network simply annoys me due to the fact that it’s likely they will continue to miss and miss their own forecasts. I don’t mean to temper your expectations, but I doubt that Cullingworth will be connected to within the next year, I now even doubt if I will.

Out of nowhere it now seems that Brsk has plans to begin a rollout in Stockport as it has just been added to their website with planned works occurring later this year. Though this decision seems odd due to the fact that Virgin media already has nearly full coverage of the area with their services. You can find out more on their website.

Final Installation and first few weeks of usage:

I've finally received my fibre into the house, it's a great improvement over having 20mbit/s to gigabit, not that we achieve that over wifi, the installation was heavily delayed thanks to some issues with other installation but other than that it was a great experience really. The installers were kind and nice only needing to install the ONT and drill through the wall. Though, I guess this comes down to what you personally think, but, most of the positive reviews on Trustpilot that name specific engineers are because they are internally rated using the reviews with a monetary incentive if they do well. Overall, great service and an honest effort behind it from my experience.

But, if you are looking at receiving their services their 6-month free trial for people in build areas is running out soon. So if you want that you'd best hop over there now before you run out of time.

Out of nowhere it now seems that Brsk has plans to begin a rollout in Stockport as it has just been added to their website with planned works occurring later this year. Though this decision seems odd due to the fact that Virgin media already has nearly full coverage of the area with their services. You can find out more on their website.

I posted the announcement on our local facebook page and there was a lot of interest. There are many houses stuck with 30Mbit or lower broadband with the only option being Openreach FTTC, my house being one of them with a glorious 18Mbit connection.

As for Virgin Media, they claim coverage, but in reality they do not. There are many streets with VM available on one end but not on the other, same postcode, same street name. I've lost track the amount of times I have been promised a survey engineer will be sent out to review and then nothing.....

I posted the announcement on our local facebook page and there was a lot of interest. There are many houses stuck with 30Mbit or lower broadband with the only option being Openreach FTTC, my house being one of them with a glorious 18Mbit connection.

As for Virgin Media, they claim coverage, but in reality they do not. There are many streets with VM available on one end but not on the other, same postcode, same street name. I've lost track the amount of times I have been promised a survey engineer will be sent out to review and then nothing.....

Just make sure that those interested make sure they sign up within the next 3 days to get the 6-months free service. Good luck with getting fibre!

Sponsored Links
I recently heard about this new ISP in my area and the prices has me really intrigued. Currently with Virgin Media on their M500 package and it's quite pricey. Compared to brsk, I could get both 500 up and down for £12 less than what I'm currently paying for (500 down, 36 up). My area is "in build" so hopefully it's done by the time my contract ends in November. Dunno if I'll stick to 500 or go for gigabit :D

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules